Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

So who would your top three 'realistic managers' include....

Comments

• Options
    Don't think we could afford someone like Ince;
    will want to be paid !
  • Options
    Been thinking of various people and with the position we are in many managers would not in there right mind leave the club they are at. So a simple answer is Steve Gritt not working with the current lot been in a relegation battle before and got out. He would unite the fans as well into backing there team. Can come in have a go for 6 months if not working/ in a different division we can look again in the summer when we can tell more realistic targets and he can slot back into his old job and we can rebuild from there?

Ideally I would like Gary Johnson but he will not leave BC to join us where we are but may think differently in the summer. Should things go to plan.

Sorry AFKA was looking for another thread to put this in
  • Options
    Paul Ince
    Steve Tilson
    Darren Ferguson

Gary Johnson is marginally less ridiculous than Curbs imo
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]Paul Ince
    Steve Tilson
    Darren Ferguson

Gary Johnson is marginally less ridiculous than Curbs imo

Two questions re Gary Johnson who is my No 1 choice. Why is that ridiculous and why do so many people doubt he will come?
  • Options
    Souness - imagine him planting a flag in the middle of the selhurst pitch!!!!
    Davies
    Mark Bowen - real punt, but has been with us before and seems a well respected number 2.
  • Options
    Gary Johnson has just started a 5 year contract at Bristol City, so I can't see us affording the release costs.
  • Options
    Roberto Martinez
    Gary Johnson
    Neil Warnock

Id be happy with any of these....
  • Options
    Simon Grayson is the new Leeds Manager.
  • Options
    Andy Ford
    Andy Hessenthaler
    Alex Ferguson
  • Options
    Nigel Adkins
    Darren Ferguson
    Di Matteo
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]to confirm Grayson has gone to Leeds

didn't hang around did they. Identified who they wanted, went and got him. Watch Billy Davies head off to Blackpool whilst we sit around comtemplating our collective navels.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]Simon Grayson is the new Leeds Manager.

Has been on my wish list since Pardew left, so i will be very interested to see how he gets on there.

Personally i think we may have missed a trick.
  • Options
    Boothroyd for Leeds would be my thinking.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Boothroyd for Leeds would be my thinking.

no it's Grayson for Leeds, keep up !!
  • Options
    To those of you who have mentioned names like Ferguson, Martinez, Johnson etc, these aren't really realistic names for us to get, as i highly doubt we will go for anyone currently with a club as we will have to pay their club compensation.
  • Options
    Martinez IS realistic and would be one of my faves

He plays the game properly and would not cost the earth

My 3 would be

Curbs
    George Graham (provided he has an attack minded assistant - like Ian Wright)
    Billy Davies
  • Options
    Di Canio
    Fergy
    Ince
  • Options
    Billy Davies
    Roberto Martinez
    Curbs
  • Options
    Teach me to leave a post half written and unposted
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Holloway
    Ince
    Di Canio
  • Options
    Holloway
    Ince
    Di Canio
  • Options
    Holloway ? No way Jose.
  • Options
    1. Davies
    2. Curbs
    3.Dicanio
  • Options
    1.Curbs
    2.Di Canio
    3. Ince
  • Options
    george graham-he would sort them out and rule with an iron fist
  • Options
    1. Shabba Ranks (Legend, high profile. International experience. Has what it takes. Says he still has the stamina. Bit of a question over his temperament).

2. Chaka Demus & Pliers (classic double act reunited, have proven experience at all levels... I'm excited by the potential here)

3. Maxi Priest (local lad, but bit of a wild card).
  • Options
    I'd like to have an experienced manager in the short term with Kinsella and Steve Brown in the management team ready to take over in a few years

George Graham
    Graeme Souness
    Alan Curbishley

Not necessarily in that order. They would get us organised and difficult to beat and that's what we need at the moment, IMHO
  • Options
    Parky is as good as anybody we could realistically aspire to unless by some miracle Curbs decides to undervalue himself for old times sake and come back. I think there is more chance of me invading the pitch and running naked round it at the next home game unfortunately!

However 3 others on a par with Parky....

Tilson has done well at Southend and might be able top get Bailey back to the player we saw initially before Pardew destroyed him.

Warnock not ideal but nobody can dispute that his teams battle and never give up. We need some of that attitude at the moment

Ronnie Moore a name I've not seen mentioned but a capable manager who has some knowledge of the Club yet has been away long enough to have the objectivity of an outsider
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Parky is as good as anybody we could realistically aspire to

Len - I SERIOUSLY hope we aspire to a better manager than someone who gets us 2 points out of 18 against who we have just played in the last 6 games - because I reckon I could have got close!