Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

So who would your top three 'realistic managers' include....

Comments

• Options
    And do you honestly think that Warnock is ONLY as good as Parky?!

Aye carumba - he's been on the Christmas Sherry already!
  • Options
    Warnock is the most ridiculous suggestion i've heard since George Graham. He has just turned 60, and said on numerous times this is his last job in football.
  • Options
    Paul Ince
    Di Canio
    Owen Coyle

Got to be out of them 3 now ?
  • Options
    Why would Owen Coyle join us from Burnley??...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Warnock is the most ridiculous suggestion i've heard since George Graham. He has just turned 60, and said on numerous times this is his last job in football.

Well he says many things AFKA and 60 is nothing
  • Options
    Danny Wilson (knows the Football league inside out)
    Nigel Clough
    Stuart Pearce
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Warnock is the most ridiculous suggestion i've heard since George Graham. He has just turned 60, and said on numerous times this is his last job in football.

'Arry is over 60 as is Ferguson.

I wouldn't want Warnock longterm but in our present situation I, m struggling to think of many better at the price.
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    [cite]Posted By: supaclive[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Parky is as good as anybody we could realistically aspire to

Len - I SERIOUSLY hope we aspire to a better manager than someone who gets us 2 points out of 18 against who we have just played in the last 6 games - because I reckon I could have got close!
    [cite]

It's all about the wages.

We are now shopping in Primark rather than Harrods....
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Take your pick and they'd do a better bloody job than Pardew did

If I had a free choice of someone out of work it'd be Roy Keane but realistcally we are gonna end up with someone like Steve Tilson or Martin Ling and will go down. By the time our 'strategic review' (yeah righto) takes place we will be f**ked.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]

I wouldn't want Warnock longterm but in our present situation I, m struggling to think of many better at the price.

Surely Warnock is settled at the moment. Why would he consider jumping ship to come here....?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]

Surely Warnock is settled at the moment. Why would he consider jumping ship to come here....?

You are probably right but Palace's finances are even worse than ours are and if he did manage to save us from relegation and new owners come in there might be scope to kick him "upstairs" into a cushy job as he winds down.

He is a dynamic type of guy and the challenge might just attract him "old" as he is!
  • Options
    Because he wants to move North to be nearer his family?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]

Well he says many things AFKA and 60 is nothing

Sorry Afka that was very harshly put by myself. What i meant was...

Colin Wanker says many things but hardly any are true and 60 isn't old in this day and age really
  • Options
    Warnock is retiring at the end of this season.
  • Options
    Darren Ferguson
    Paul Ince
    Aidy Boothroyd
  • Options
    Billy Davies
    Billy Davies
    Billy Davies
  • Options
    palace fan in love and hugs...

re warnock - the only reason he came to palace is because he's very good friends with everybody's favourite chairman - he's hardly going to ruin that friendship by jumping a successful ship to join a club that jordan isn't really very keen on. and boy, is he doing an incredible job here, aided by a phenomenal academy

looking at who's around - i think you're either stuck with parkinson (who 2 years ago you'd have been keen on, given his work at colchester) - or perhaps might have to suffer boothroyd

one thing i do think is that you're fast becoming a basket case where only the best in the business would be able to turn you around - your rise through the 90s and early part of this decade mean you're a club unaccustomed to struggle - and therefore ripe for doing a forest, a leeds, a wednesday etc
  • Options
    Curbs - he might come until the end of the season and the bookies make him the favourite.
    Parkinson - if he can dig out two wins from the next 3 games.
    Ince - is probably the best choice of the 'availables,' but I think he is a bit of a creep.

The point is we all thought Pardew would be a great Charlton manager. Who actually though that Lennie and Curbs would succeed when they were first appointed?
  • Options
    clarke
    davies
    curbs
  • Options
    Billy Davies
    Lennie Lawrence
    Nigel Clough
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1. Billy Davies
    2. Billy Davies
    3. Billy Davies
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PeakieRocket[/cite]1. Billy Davies
    2. Billy Davies
    3. Billy Davies

hell no
  • Options
    Anyone for Hessenthaler?!
  • Options
    Paul Ince will be the next Charlton manager, you can quote me on it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bcaddick[/cite]Paul Ince will be the next Charlton manager, you can quote me on it.
    Done
  • Options
    Parkinson should stay manager.

If he wasn't manager now you'd all be suggesting him, for on paper he looks as good a bet as the rest.

We are fast becoming another stupid club that changes manager at the first sign of trouble. Give the guy a chance (that doesn't mean ten games).
  • Options
    sorry Jimmy, you are so wrong.

I think being overseas has addled your brain and you have becone too detached from it all.

Parky has brought nothing new to the table and in fact his results are worse than if Pardew had stayed in control.
  • Options
    As much as I quite like Parkinson, I don't think he's the man for the job (not at the moment anyway). As I see it he was too central to the Pardew regeme to be able to make the clean sweep, in attitudes if not personnel, that's needed. I think that appointing him would be as much a folly as when Engerland replaced Sven with McLaren. If Parky was going to be able to turn this mess around, we'd have seen more signs of it than that draw against Derby.

Sad thing is though, I can't think of anyone who I think would meet the criteria of being willing, able and available. Hope the board have got some better ideas than me.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]Parkinson should stay manager.

If he wasn't manager now you'd all be suggesting him, for on paper he looks as good a bet as the rest.

We are fast becoming another stupid club that changes manager at the first sign of trouble. Give the guy a chance (that doesn't mean ten games).[/quote]

Jimmy has a good point but I think the fact that Parkinson is "tainted" by the Pardew regime makes his appointment crazy. We need a manager who can come in with a fresh pair of eyes and be able to re motivate the players we have who at present must be so demoralised ie Dickson, McLeod. Curbs certainly but not gonna happen so for my money I want Billy Davies.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]If he wasn't manager now you'd all be suggesting him, for on paper he looks as good a bet as the rest.

If he hadnt been here with Pards I'd agree, he's part of what was the problem.