Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ambrose returns

edited December 2008 in General Charlton
Failed to impress enough for a perm deal and is now back with us.Ambrose back

Comments

• Oh, that really has made my day. We're now stuck with him until the summer when he walks for nothing.
  • ...unless we can off-load him in the window.
  • edited December 2008
    I'm trying to do an Oggy here and look on the bright side but the best I can come up with is this :

At least it disproves the theory that all our under-performing players do better somewhere else !
  • Happy with this.

My own personal opinion is Ambrose is a good player, didn't want to see us let him go. He is one of the few players we have who seems to create and find himself in goalscoring positions.

Play him behind a striker and he will score goals.

And we really could do with someone who can score goals
  • put him back in the team and tell him to dig in and help save us, he is a good player - we need to see that now.
  • so what money was in the kitty has now shrunk by 250k. And we have an unhappy player on our hands who is willing to sit out the rest of his contract.
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]so what money was in the kitty has now shrunk by 250k. And we have an unhappy player on our hands who is willing to sit out the rest of his contract.

Well he's got to be looking to impress someone, even if it is his next club?
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]so what money was in the kitty has now shrunk by 250k. And we have an unhappy player on our hands who is willing to sit out the rest of his contract.

What are you on about?

Ambrose loves the club and will do everything he can to help us avoid relegation before he leaves in the summer.
  • Maybe a change of scenery is just what he needed?

If he comes back a better player trying to prove a point i would be more than happy!

Give him the free role against Norwich and see how he does..

Im will just be happy to see one of the "old lot" back in a Charlton shirt.

He does care, whoever say he doesn't care is a blithering buffoon. Its the fans abuse when he was playing awful that ruined him.

He went in public and said he had not felt so down in he's life.
  • [cite]Posted By: Stone[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]so what money was in the kitty has now shrunk by 250k. And we have an unhappy player on our hands who is willing to sit out the rest of his contract.

Well he's got to be looking to impress someone, even if it is his next club?

My thoughts exactly, if he is looking for a move now is the time to put himself in the shop window as a potential saviour from relegation, he has always had the class IMO, but he needs to reproduce regularly.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]
    He does care, whoever say he doesn't care is a blithering buffoon. Its the fans abuse when he was playing awful that ruined him.

ah, diddums.
  • edited December 2008
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]

ah, diddums.

Sorry but im one of them that thinks going against our own players is wrong..:)
  • He is our most creative player and last season was our greatest asset in terms of assists and goals combined. FACT.
  • Dont worry about it Andy, any positive posts on this board at the mo are swiftly stamped on.
  • Agree with WSS although he has been rubbish for 2 teams this season.

Hope he gets back to last seasons form
  • Agreed with Southendaddick - what he has done so far this season has been shocking - he'll struggle to be in employment next year based on how he's playing currently ...
  • edited December 2008
    [cite]Posted By: shrew[/cite]Dont worry about it Andy, any positive posts on this board at the mo are swiftly stamped on.

Ive come over from Addickted.net so im used to it haha
  • Not used to quoting correctly though....

Click on the BBCode under the comments box mate!
  • although ambrose has flattered to deceive this season (though only started 6 games according to o/s), he has proved that he can more than hold his own at this level.
    imho we will have a better chance of survival with him rather than without him.
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Not used to quoting correctly though....

Click on the BBCode under the comments box mate!

Yea i worked that out cheers anyway!
  • Sponsored links:

• I rate Ambrose and agree whole heartedly with PBS.

On form his goal scoring threat is invaluable to a team like us.

Off form he is shocking let's hope he can pick it ack up
  • I love you Sharon Ambrose
  • On the whole I see this as being positive. Ambrose is a talented player whose record hasn't matched his ability. From here he has two choices - being effectively rejected by Ipswich means he has something to prove and he has a new contract to play for/or a new team to impress.

At the very least it makes our squad stronger on paper than it was before he returned and we desperately need players of his quality.
  • these people are paid large sums of money to play football, thats all thats asked of them, at the very least show some serious committment for 90 minutes and you won't get grief..
  • So whose place does he take then ?

We've been playing rigid 442 so can't see that changing with Parky still here. Sam has improved of late on the right and Ambrose has consistently underwhelmed when on the left.
  • edited December 2008
    I'm not a great fan of his to be honest...however if there are no takers by the end of the window then he's still going to be part of our set up....as such, about all one can say is(should that be the case) roll up your sleeves young man...you were an established Premiership player just a short while back...act like it!!
  • Tell him we are glad he is here as he is a quality player. Put him straight in team against Norwich. Then its down to him.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]So whose place does he take then ?
    One of the strikers, put him "in the hole"
  • playing behind Gray or Waghorn - or both when we are inevitably chasing the game!
  • play him free roaming and lose a wide man