Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ambrose returns

13»

Comments

• Options
    lol
  • Options
    Fair point........maybe not the best turn of phrase from yours truly.

However, I think what I meant is that his overall time at the club will be viewed as a failure.

I seem to recall, even with 9 goals to his name, that he came in for a fair bit of stick last year?.
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]8-10 goals a season man at this level.

Instead he will go down as another who ha

He scored 9 goals last season tbf to him

EDIT:I can't read
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]

I seem to recall, even with 9 goals to his name, that he came in for a fair bit of stick last year?.

You're right. Imagine the stick he would have got if he was actually rubbish ?

;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]Ambrose could, actually, should be a 8-10 goals a season man at this level.

Good point. He scored 9 last season.

ha ha ha
    [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]

You're right. Imagine the stick he would have got if he was actually rubbish ?

;o)

Now now Oggy me and you know he's not rubbish those stats say it all really! Underated but clearly scores goals
  • Options
    I think he'd work quite well in a 4-4-1-1, which probably turns into 4-2-3-1 if Bouazza and Sam are on song. It'd leave Bailey and Semedo under a fair bit of pressure defensively, but if we could persuade the defense to build up from the back rather than just hoofing it (a bit of a pipedream I suppose) it'd cause the opposition a lot of problems.
  • Options
    Why are we surprised that Ipswich don't want him? If he's not good enough for us, why should be he be good enough for them? The big joke is, he'll probably get to waste more time in a Charlton shirt before disappearing in the Summer to avoid the ignomy of playing third division football next year.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]I think he'd work quite well in a 4-4-1-1, which probably turns into 4-2-3-1 if Bouazza and Sam are on song. It'd leave Bailey and Semedo under a fair bit of pressure defensively, but if we could persuade the defense to build up from the back rather than just hoofing it (a bit of a pipedream I suppose) it'd cause the opposition a lot of problems.

I agree Abi good formation
  • Options
    or Ali
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: jackcharlton[/cite]He's only any good in the middle, and we've got PLENTY of 'talent' there.
    Is that why we've created so many chances for the strikers this year?

just read back through and WSS has a great point
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: StrikerFirmani[/cite]We already have a team of 'No Confidence players.

Whether you me or anyone else does or doesn't rate him are immaterial the fact is the CAFC manager obviously doesn't and Ambrose coming back will affect the current January window plan which has to be a blow to what they want to do.

It was actually Pardew who packed him off on loan to Ipswich - so looking at it on the surface, it was Pardew's plans that he didn't fit in with.

Unless, it was Parky's idea in the first place!

;o)

Parky would have had input to him leaving and although it would have been Pardews final decision Parky would have have pulled the plug on the deal before Ipswich if he had wanted him back.

The thing now is does he cup tie him or wait in the hope some other club comes in for him.

If we are going to keep him till the end of season the problem will be changing the team formation to accommodate him because what he might offer going forward you lose defensively and that is where our bigger problem lies from the midfield.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: StrikerFirmani[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: StrikerFirmani[/cite]We already have a team of 'No Confidence players.

Whether you me or anyone else does or doesn't rate him are immaterial the fact is the CAFC manager obviously doesn't and Ambrose coming back will affect the current January window plan which has to be a blow to what they want to do.

It was actually Pardew who packed him off on loan to Ipswich - so looking at it on the surface, it was Pardew's plans that he didn't fit in with.

;o)

Parky would have had input to him leaving and although it would have been Pardews final decision Parky would have have pulled the plug on the deal before Ipswich if he had wanted him back.

The thing now is does he cup tie him or wait in the hope some other club comes in for him.

If we are going to keep him till the end of season the problem will be changing the team formation to accommodate him because what he might offer going forward you lose defensively and that is where our bigger problem lies from the midfield.

For him to be worried about being cup tied would suggest a Prem or big Championship side would be interested, as these are the more likely teams to progress to the 4th & 5th rounds, cant see that myself, not for a player that neither Ipswich or us at the bottom of the league could find a starting place for.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: StrikerFirmani[/cite]

;o)

For him to be worried about being cup tied would suggest a Prem or big Championship side would be interested, as these are the more likely teams to progress to the 4th & 5th rounds, cant see that myself, not for a player that neither Ipswich or us at the bottom of the league could find a starting place for.

Can't argue with that to be honest.