Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ambrose returns

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Tell him we are glad he is here as he is a quality player. Put him straight in team against Norwich. Then its down to him.
    Agreed - hopefully his Ipswich "homecoming" has been a massive jolt and he can knuckle down and show his undoubted class.
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I'm sure after this rejection his heart won't be in it for us anyway. I suspect he will be offloaded as quickly as is possible.
    Despite his much rumoured talent I feel this would be best. Colchester United anyone?
  • Options
    There must be something 'massively' wrong with Darren Ambrose....that possible permanent move to Ipswich was perfect for him...you'd have thought he'd have tried his heart out wouldn't you.
    Any news from any Tractor Boys re his failure and their opinion of him nowadays?
    He was something of a hero there in days past wasn't he!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]There must be something 'massively' wrong with Darren Ambrose....that possible permanent move to Ipswich was perfect for him...you'd have thought he'd have tried his heart out wouldn't you.
    Any news from any Tractor Boys re his failure and their opinion of him nowadays?
    He was something of a hero there in days past wasn't he![/quote]

According to a Barcodes supporting friend of mine, he didn't make it at Newcastle because he didn't show enough aggression/was thought to be a bit too lightweight for them, although that was when Souness was manager. He reminds me a bit of Mark Robson - undoubted talent but not strong enough physically to impose himself.
  • Options
    Only comments I can find from the Tractors are things like 'He's a good player but I've been disappointed'. Sound familiar?
  • Options
    I should be pleased about this, he has quality, but my faith is Dazza has been unfounded on so many occassions.

You just want to shake him and inject a bit of oomph inside of him. If he had a winners desire, he would be a prem player.
  • Options
    Happy to see him back, think he has been largely undervalued by some CAFC fans and do think he cares about Charlton,
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]So whose place does he take then ?

We've been playing rigid 442 so can't see that changing with Parky still here. Sam has improved of late on the right and Ambrose has consistently underwhelmed when on the left.

Drop Bouazza or Bailey
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]I should be pleased about this, he has quality, but my faith is Dazza has been unfounded on so many occassions.

You just want to shake him and inject a bit of oomph inside of him. If he had a winners desire, he would be a prem player.

This is true maybe Ipswich turning him away may help him realise he isn't trying hard enough? Or Maybe since that hernia he played a whole season for us with the op screwed up something which means he cant give 100%
  • Options
    Well, I guess he'll be pencilled in to start on Saturday, so let's see how he does.

And Bailey is suspended for the Forest game, so he could keep his place.
    Unless he's sold to Fulham first.

;o)
  • Options
    He's only any good in the middle, and we've got PLENTY of 'talent' there.

He's poor if not crap on the right, and worse on the left.

I just can't see a role for him, regardless of how good he is/isn't.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: jackcharlton[/cite]He's only any good in the middle, and we've got PLENTY of 'talent' there.
    Is that why we've created so many chances for the strikers this year?
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    "We've been playing rigid 442 so can't see that changing with Parky still here. Sam has improved of late on the right and Ambrose has consistently underwhelmed when on the left. "

We played 4-3-1-1 for the 1st half v QPR.

Ambrose is just a limp waste of space and if he is/was our most creative player it only reaffirms what an utter shambles Pardew was.
  • Options
    I think you'll find that Ambrose was signed by Curbs.
  • Options
    I know that, the point being after all the money Pardew had (and wasted), we still had to rely on Ambrose.
  • Options
    and persisted with him even tho he was shiiiiite, must be that injury eh..

ny plans FC1? What are the Falconwood ultras up to?
  • Options
    I make the point that it was naive to let him go there on loan with a view of a permanent move. Knowing Ipswich was keen on him we should have told them to wait and buy him in the January window. We have had to buy and find out later so why are we doing everyone else a favour. We supposedly have done the final deal with Varney so why wasn't it done with Ambrose.
  • Options
    Ambrose has a lot of quality just doesn't have the confidence to show it.
  • Options
    end result = shit....
  • Options
    Ambrose is excellant when he has good players around him. i.e. when he was part of a midfield of Danny Murphy, Smertin, and Dennis.
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    yeah aren't we all tho...

;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]Ambrose is excellant when he has good players around him. i.e. when he was part of a midfield of Danny Murphy, Smertin, and Dennis.

We've got Lloyd Sam and Nicky Bailey, so he'll be fine then.

;o)
  • Options
    We already have a team of 'No Confidence players.

Whether you me or anyone else does or doesn't rate him are immaterial the fact is the CAFC manager obviously doesn't and Ambrose coming back will affect the current January window plan which has to be a blow to what they want to do.
  • Options
    The Falconwood Freedon Fighters (The FFF) will be storming the training ground tomorrow and kicking the granny out of Sharon Ambrose as he's the only player who we feel we could kick the granny out of.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]Ambrose is excellant when he has good players around him. i.e. when he was part of a midfield of Danny Murphy, Smertin, and Dennis.

We've got Lloyd Sam and Nicky Bailey, so he'll be fine then.

;o)

Lloyd Sam ---- Nicky Bailey ---- Jonjo Shelvey ---- Darren Ambrose

A british midfield..... surely quality!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: StrikerFirmani[/cite]We already have a team of 'No Confidence players.

Whether you me or anyone else does or doesn't rate him are immaterial the fact is the CAFC manager obviously doesn't and Ambrose coming back will affect the current January window plan which has to be a blow to what they want to do.

It was actually Pardew who packed him off on loan to Ipswich - so looking at it on the surface, it was Pardew's plans that he didn't fit in with.

Unless, it was Parky's idea in the first place!

;o)
  • Options
    It was under Pardew's watch. But the story at the time was that it was Parky who approached Magilton after the Ipswich game and broached the suggeston of a swap involving Campo. No idea if it was true - except that both the Ipswich chairman and manager made the claim on the record.
  • Options
    One of the best players on our list.
  • Options
    Is Campo on our list then ?
  • Options
    Ambrose could, actually, should be a 8-10 goals a season man at this level.

Instead he will go down as another who has failed to deliver whilst at the club. Why does this happen so much?.

When we signed him I was pretty excited, he certainly wasn't a Curbs sort of signing and what I had seen of him at Newcastle made me think we had got a bargain. What did we pay 1m?. At the time it looked like a good deal.

I will be amazed if he puts on our shirt again, especially as he'll no doubt have a healthy appearance and goal bonus written into his contract, I have no doubt the powers that be and his agent are currently making numerous calls in an attempt to get him out in the window.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]Ambrose could, actually, should be a 8-10 goals a season man at this level.

Good point. He scored 9 last season.