Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Duo edge closer to Charlton move

edited January 2009 in General Charlton
http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/football/4069275.Duo_edge_closer_to_Charlton_move/

Comments

• Options
    Give 'em a game, why not. Why are we signing these bob-a-job players?
  • Options
    why not give them a contract they seem to have a losing mentality like the rest of the squad and they obviously had a positive effect in the 4-0 reserve defeat to Reading.The circus continues at the valley.
  • Options
    As long as they replace some promising players it will be fine ;)
  • Options
    Blimey. Do you think Phil understands or has even heard of the famous phrase "quality not quantity".
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I must be honest I've simply lost track of all the comings and goings...it's futile as far as I'm concerned...loanees or not loanees we just haven't had anything like a settled side for months...it's a complete shambles.
    Mean't to say are we supposed to be excited by these two proposed signings.....well we're not are we!
  • Options
    shambles aye. Someone stop him signing these loanees and tell him to work with what we got.
  • Options
    It could only happen at Charlton, lose a match 4-0 and sign both players, it has got to such a state now where it is simply laughable
  • Options
    What did we ever do to him? Why does he hate us?
  • Options
    No no no. We have to loan first then buy them.
  • Options
    We loan to check they can consistantly lose 4-0 then buy them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    the guy from walsall is meant to be a good player, but he's had a few problems with discipline and (i think) alcohol addiction. if he hadn't had these problems then he'd have been playing at a higher level than walsall. Point is, we can't afford to bring in good, established players but this guy is a gamble that might pay off.

Whether we actually need to bring in new players is a different issue.

If you give me a few mins i can probably think of a reason why ulises is a good prospective signing... ;-)
  • Options
    He was with us as a youth player. Then he went to WALSALL. Walsall terminate his contract and now we have him on trial.

That's a little bit weird if you ask me, but does all make sense in the current scheme of things.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stop shouting[/cite]Give 'em a game, why not. Why are we signing these bob-a-job players?

Come on, we haven't signed anyone for a whole week.

I heard a rumour that Colin Cameron's computer spontaneously combusted this afternoon.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]He was with us as a youth player. Then he went to WALSALL. Walsall terminate his contract and now we have him on trial.

That's a little bit weird if you ask me, but does all make sense in the current scheme of things.

since being released we're not the only team who are playing at a higher level than walsall who have given him a trial. Walsall terminating his contract was nothing to do with his ability from what i heard.

people are just so keen to criticise anything happening at charlton at the moment.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BBClaus[/cite]

If you give me a few mins i can probably think of a reason why Useless is a good prospective signing... ;-)

Time up!
    Are you still thinking, BB .... ?

;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Big William[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: stop shouting[/cite]Give 'em a game, why not. Why are we signing these bob-a-job players?

I heard a rumour that Colin Cameron's computer spontaneously combusted this afternoon.

As i said on another post the VALIANT 1000 book draws ever nearer.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]

If you give me a few mins i can probably think of a reason why Useless is a good prospective signing... ;-)

Time up!
    Are you still thinking, BB .... ?

;o)

lol, ok so i've got nothing!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: addick1965[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Big William[/cite]

As i said on another post the VALIANT 10,000 book draws ever nearer.

Quite!

;o)
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]He was with us as a youth player. Then he went to WALSALL. Walsall terminate his contract and now we have him on trial.

since being released we're not the only team who are playing at a higher level than walsall who have given him a trial. Walsall terminating his contract was nothing to do with his ability from what i heard.

people are just so keen to criticise anything happening at charlton at the moment.

Claus come on mate...we've been there dozens of times before over the last year or so....we've seen it, got the T shirt and done it.
    There have been so many of these five minute wonders that it's laughable....we just can't take the whole thing seriously any more.....believe you me mate....when an old faithfull like me has had enough then things REALLY are bad!!
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    i don't think we should sign any more players on loan, because it won't help and we're not able to sign anyone good enough or long term enough.

But what's the problem with having a look at this guy from walsall. he's got potential and hasn't he been released so we can sign him long term? he isn't necessarily an attempt at a short term fix.

every bit of news from the club is met with huge cynicism and sometimes i think it's an over-reaction.

you'll get no argument from me about de la cruz though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2009
    "The gaffer is talking to the chief executive now, so hopefully one or two things will happen in the next couple of days," said Kinsella. "With the situation we're in, we need to strengthen the squad, and if there are players available out there better than what we've got, we need to try to get them in."

Two trialists, in the shape of former Aston Villa defender Ulises de la Cruz and ex-Walsall winger Ishmel Demontagnac, featured as the reserves lost 4-0 to Reading on Monday night, but Kinsella was unsure whether the duo would be making permanent moves to The Valley."
    From the OS

Not clear is the one of two in the first para are the same as the duo in the 2nd. The one of two things could be players leaving, loans cancelled, who knows.

A bit like Ian Harte and Darren Powell maybe who came and then went.

I'd still like to see Wayne Brown come in but I'm guessing that that would need a change of mind of at least one of the parties or maybe the Bi deal has been sorted out. Or maybe a lovely surprise for us all.
  • Options
    Ishmel Demontagnac is 20, has been sent off 3 times for violent conduct, has spent the last two seasons largely on the subs bench at Walsall. His last appearance for them he was sent off 8 mins after coming on for an off the ball incident, the next day he was arrested for breach of peace. They cancelled his contract after one too many discipline breaches.

Just the type of player we need.........
  • Options
    Well, we are looking for players with a bit of fight :=)

Pretty sure Walsall still hold his registration, even though they sacked him, and can do for three months after his termination. Presumably we (and he) are waiting for this time to elapse
  • Options
    Dammit, Imnot, you beat me to it! :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Ishmel Demontagnac is 20, has been sent off 3 times for violent conduct, has spent the last two seasons largely on the subs bench at Walsall. His last appearance for them he was sent off 8 mins after coming on for an off the ball incident, the next day he was arrested for breach of peace. They cancelled his contract after one too many discipline breaches.

Just the type of player we need.........

He also failed a trial with Palace last month and I think he may have had a row with Kins when he was there.

Apart from that ........................ What have you got against him ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Ishmel Demontagnac is 20, has been sent off 3 times for violent conduct, has spent the last two seasons largely on the subs bench at Walsall. His last appearance for them he was sent off 8 mins after coming on for an off the ball incident, the next day he was arrested for breach of peace. They cancelled his contract after one too many discipline breaches.

He's a good boy really, just a little misunderstood : - )

I think we've had enough of players with bad attitudes with the likes of Big Bent and Thomas but maybe Kinsella feels there is something he can do wit him.
  • Options
    All of the above. Gallows humour at it's finest. Pass me the bourbon....
  • Options
    All that might be true about Demontagnac, but he's a player whose abilitys never been in doubt, and given the state of our attacking options at the moment i think hes worth a shot.
  • Options
    Off the field issues didn't do Bowyer any harm?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Spanish[/cite]Off the field issues didn't do Bowyer any harm?

Or any other number of pros who play/have played at a high level.

To cancel his contract he would've had to have been either a) such a pain it outweighed it his ability or b) not that great