Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Duo edge closer to Charlton move

Comments

• Options
    i think that other fella useless de la cruz was a reasonable player a couple of years back but always looked a bit on the heavy side if you know what i mean but if he's kept his fitness he'll be an asset and he always looked capable of getting into good forward positions and unlike our abysmal full backs he could defend as well as attack , we'll coach that out of him;-(
  • Options
    So we've got them on trial, haven't signed them, but people are acting like we have signed them, and they'll be starting on Saturday.

What wrong with having a look?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Spanish[/cite]Off the field issues didn't do Bowyer any harm?

But then his violent condiuct was off the field - in the main
  • Options
    FUCK ME GUYS! NOBODY ELSE WANTS THESE PLAYERS! We've got enough shit on our books - NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEXT!
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I don't disagree with the sentiment but, unfortunately, in our position, we aren't going to get anyone who is wanted elsewhere. Conversely, we have players like Dickson who are and we are happy to let them go.
  • Options
    And that's the mad point - Ulysees and Demontagne are no better than what we have - end of
  • Options
    oh no, not another couple of useless knobs. I read on the O/S that Josh Wright is hopeful of playing on Saturday but you already know that if he does play and play well he'll still be dropped next Tuesday for Soares or Spring or whoever. I despair of Parky I realy do.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: supaclive[/cite]And that's the mad point - Ulysees and Demontagne are no better than what we have - end of

Quality names though - got a bit more of a ring to them than Matthew, Mark and Jon (where did Luke go, lol).
    Just realised, before Varns toddled off to Derby, we actually fielded a gospel team, according to the Book of St Alan.

Perhaps all we needed was a prayer ... ?.

;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: supaclive[/cite]And that's the mad point - Ulysees and Demontagne are no better than what we have - end of

If they sign it'll just show how desperate we are, like with Spring we got him because he's an ok player, but no better than what we have, but he was available and one of the few players we could sign permanently.

Demontagnac would be out of hope that we can sort out his attitude problems. We need more options on the left wing, but there's probably not a lot available. Parkinson probably doesn't want more short term loans

de la Cruz would be to give us more options on the right, which is fair enough, but he's on a free for a reason - past his best and no one else wants him.
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited January 2009
    Mug

Huge chip on shoulder, dont want Demontagnac anywhere near our club, look at the first five letters in his name for a start.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    "Ishmel is a fantastic talent. I’ve said on many occasions that on his day he could open up defences in the Premier League"

See what we can get out of him, if he turns out to be a waster then release him, sign him on a short term deal, nothing to lose.
  • Options
    Personally I do not think we can afford to be picky, if he can improve us and puts it in on the pitch and does not kill or rape anyone who cares if they are a little shit?
  • Options
    i think signing him would be a mistake, with all the talk of dressing room problems and players not getting on i think signing this kid will only make things worse.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cfgs[/cite]Personally I do not think we can afford to be picky, if he can improve us and puts it in on the pitch and does not kill or rape anyone who cares if they are a little shit?

Although fans might agree with you in theory, the reality will be quite different. Jerome Thomas was constantly slagged off for having a supposed attitude problem. We have quite an anti-bigtime-charlie regime here. Especially to creative wingers who don't tear around putting in tackles. Two bad crosses and he'll be labelled inconsistent, lazy and a two-bob show pony.
  • Options
    You're right there, Chunes - two bad crosses and he'll be labelled inconsistent, lazy and a two-bob show pony.

Perhaps the directors may never do another 'Operation Riverside' but we could always
    start up ourselves 'Operation Zero Tolerance'.

Oh ..... we already have.

;o)
  • Options
    I hear a very loud scraping sound coming from the bottom of a barrel.
  • Options
    "Demontagnac" sounds like one of those drinks you only have at Christmas. I presume we will be signing Cointreau, Sandemans Port and Eggnog next.

Seriously, if he is a bit of a nutter and puts himself about, what have we got to lose?
  • Options
    Ah but young Jerome never looked bothered he thought he had made it, hopefully the Demon realises he has not and wants to put it in. Oh nad I like an enigma, every team needs a skillfull winger (other than Sam)
  • Options
    Can't imagine why fans might think we are desperate, or scraping the barrel for any possible player that might, just might get us up from THE BOTTOM OF THE CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    The Demont bloke is obviously a Kinsella signing,,, sound like he's got the talent just sounds like a typical chip on the shoulder erbert thinks the world owes him a living.

But surely he's worth a contract per game until the end of the season.

As for Cruz i am thoroughly underwhelmed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As neither has signed a contract, and are just on trial, I'm neither fussed or bothered
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Apparently Ishmel Demontagnac started out with us.

Ya lookin at me son!

Guess that's all right then! ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]As neither has signed a contract, and are just on trial, I'm neither fussed or bothered

As we're bottom of the table, winless since early October, have a clueless manager, not a hope in hell of winning at least 9 or 10 games to see us safe, and could sign Messi and Kaka and we'd still not stay up, i'm neither fussed or bothered.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cfgs[/cite]Ah but young Jerome never looked bothered he thought he had made it, hopefully the Demon realises he has not and wants to put it in. Oh nad I like an enigma, every team needs a skillfull winger (other than Sam)

From the sounds of the demon, you're going to have to do a lot of hoping. As someone else said, obviously thinks the world owes him a living. Which you certainly couldn't say about Thomas.
  • Options
    It's just too big a risk to me, sacked by Walsall, not good enough for the nigels, obviously has a major attitude problem.

Why bring someone who is clearly volatile, into an already fragile dressing room, to upset the apple cart even further, potential or not, its too risky and could set us back once again.

And Sam is a show pony, said it before, all show, no substance.
  • Options
    And his nickname is ASBO, plus he hasn't done his rehab. But apparently very good for the 40 minutes before he gets sent/taken off. He just needs to be loved!
  • Options
    We need to be getting a squad together that will be settled for next season. We won`t be able to keep the likes of Hudson, Gray. ZiZi if he is still with us come february, Ambrose and perhaps one or two others so taking a look at what we can afford makes sense to me. About time we woke up to the fact that we are no longer in a position to attract Championship level players and need to look at what is available and might work.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]We need to be getting a squad together that will be settled for next season. We won`t be able to keep the likes of Hudson, Gray. ZiZi if he is still with us come february, Ambrose and perhaps one or two others so taking a look at what we can afford makes sense to me. About time we woke up to the fact that we are no longer in a position to attract Championship level players and need to look at what is available and might work.

I dont think thats the issue, we can all see we are having to cut our cloth accordingly, the issue is Demontagnac as a person, and is he right for our club due to his attitude and past behaviour, irrespective of what level we are playing at.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]We need to be getting a squad together that will be settled for next season. We won`t be able to keep the likes of Hudson, Gray. ZiZi if he is still with us come february, Ambrose and perhaps one or two others so taking a look at what we can afford makes sense to me. About time we woke up to the fact that we are no longer in a position to attract Championship level players and need to look at what is available and might work.

We're gonna have to bite the bullet....AND HOW!!!!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]We need to be getting a squad together that will be settled for next season. We won`t be able to keep the likes of Hudson, Gray. ZiZi if he is still with us come february, Ambrose and perhaps one or two others so taking a look at what we can afford makes sense to me. About time we woke up to the fact that we are no longer in a position to attract Championship level players and need to look at what is available and might work.[/quote]

I dont think thats the issue, we can all see we are having to cut our cloth accordingly, the issue is Demontagnac as a person, and is he right for our club due to his attitude and past behaviour, irrespective of what level we are playing at.[/quote]

I take your point DA9 but the reality is we have to look at anyone who might prove good enough. Would you not like to seeAndy Todd, Lee Bowyer or Jay Boothroyd in Charlton shirts again ? I know I would. They certainly are not regulars at prayer meetings I suspect. Truth is we are desperate and that was my point really.