Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Josh Wright fined?

'josh wright refused to travel after learning he was not starting. fined 2 weeks wages! he should be kicked out the club along with parkinson!'

The above is on 606. Anyone know anything about this?

Comments

• Options
    Sounds very odd thing for a young pro to do when he must know that next season he may well be a regular. If true then get rid.
  • Options
    can't be true, there were 100 posts on here slamming Parky for him not being on the bench :-)
  • Options
    Really. Get Rid? If I was him I'd be just as pissed off. Plays in a winning team then gets dropped for the next 2 games.

Not saying his behaviour was acceptable and he'll get his fine which is fair enough but if it was Jonjo would you be saying the same thing? I doubt it.
  • Options
    Think he has a lot of work to do before he is a regular imo.

Spring/Bailey/Semedo will all be ahead of him next season, assuming they are all still here.
  • Options
    2 or 3 games under his belt and he starts throwing his weight around ! Yeah Get rid.
  • Options
    Cheeky git!
  • Options
    Should be fined but shows at least he wants to play, rather that than someone who can't be arsed!
  • Options
    do we even know if it is true?!
  • Options
    i don't pay my valley gold* for these young ragamuffins to cop a strop as soon as they are charlie big potatoes not getting their own way. who does he think he is? robbie keane?

*really, i don't pay valley gold.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]do we even know if it is true?!

No of course not, but it could explain why he wasn't even on the bench, and Jack Clark was even though we had another left back there in Basey.

If it's true it's not the right thing to do, but I can understand why he would be frustrated. He's been decent enough when he's played for us, and all the talk from the club made it sound as if he was starting.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes, the club has stuff on the OS about him starting. No wonder he's frustrated. Along with being dropped from the only winning team we've had in the last 20-odd games.

Is Parky ever going to field an unchanged side? Or is he going to make the same mistakes Pardew did every week?
  • Options
    I think he is a very good prospect and I would be pissed off myself if I was him.....shows how bad things are behind the scenes if this is indeed true
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Vincenzo[/cite]Or is he going to make the same mistakes Pardew did every week?

He'll bring in Murty and Spring definitely, probably Soares as well. Not that they actually improve our team but he'll feel he has to give them the chance to prove it.
  • Options
    Acoording to his facebook account he is "not attending" tomorrow night
  • Options
    If it turns out to be true, and it could well be who knows, then let's slate him/parky.

Until then let's give the young man a break.

[cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]can't be true, there were 100 posts on here slamming Parky for him not being on the bench :-)

I hate sarcasm
  • Options
    If it's true it makes Dicko look the model pro.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stilladdicted[/cite]'josh wright refused to travel after learning he was not starting. fined 2 weeks wages! he should be kicked out the club along with parkinson!'

The above is on 606. Anyone know anything about this?

If only the whole first team did this - we may have a winning team!!

Its an absolute joke he didn't play, infact the whole last two years has been a joke when its come to stating 11's, why the fuck you would change the line up of a team who just stopped a 17 game winless streak is beyond me, embaressing the whole club is just embaressing.

if it was under a diff light then I'd say fair play fine him, but there is no way he should have been droped, don't think he shoulda been dropped earlier in season by pards either, thought he's looked good when on the ball, little off pace but thats to be expected
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]Acoording to his facebook account he is "not attending" tomorrow night[/quote]

I can't see this on his Facebook pages
  • Options
    Welcome to the CL Kangeroo Court .....!

As we sit as both judge and jury, evidently without knowing the details of the case, Joshua Wright is to be condemned as GUILTY!

No smoke without fire, but perhaps we should hold back a little until we know the full story....?
  • Options
    Oh come on Oggy, wheres the fun in that.? String im up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Doubt it's true.
  • Options
    I sympathise with the kid, you are a young developing player at a struggling team, you play very well and your team wins for the first time since October and you find yourself dropped for the next two games, how do u think that has made him feel, yes his behaviour was unacceptable but the decision to drop him IMO is bizarre, and as some hav already said I'm sure many of us would feel differently if this was Jonjo!!!
  • Options
    JTJT
    edited January 2009
    I think it probably is true.

The person that posted it, has previously posted 100% accurate team news/club info on numerous occasions. Got a feeling he is related to a 1st team player.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BexleyRed[/cite]Oh come on Oggy, wheres the fun in that.? String im up.

LOL!

Poor kid, all he wants is a little run of games to show what he can do, like Burton, Gray, etc.

And after his part in the win at Norwich, he'd apparently been given the impression (within the club) that he'll play a part in the cup game - and then disappointed, he's allowed his frustration to boil over.

Of course, we don't even know if the story is true yet.
    So I might also be talking bollox, lol
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: SE7[/cite]I sympathise with the kid, you are a young developing player at a struggling team, you play very well and your team wins for the first time since October and you find yourself dropped for the next two games, how do u think that has made him feel, yes his behaviour was unacceptable but the decision to drop him IMO is bizarre, and as some hav already said I'm sure many of us would feel differently if this was Jonjo!!![/quote]

What SE7 said - he's got some balls - I like it - he just wants to play and show he can do better than the shower of shit we've had playing most of this year!
  • Options
    Well said, Supa.

At least the kid's got a bit of feisty spirit about him - and shows he wants it bad enough.
    We could do with a bit of that from some of the others.
  • Options
    Who's idea was it to run the front page item on the OS last week about Josh wanting to play in Saturday's game. Building up his hopes.
  • Options
    If it's true then he's been foolish. He's played a very few games and thinks that gives him the right to throw his toys out the pram...

I don't care if it shows he has attitude, it demonstrates someone who isn't prepared to be patient. Presumably he'd have been on the bench with a decent chance of getting on and then showing what he could do, which is better than throwing a strop and refusing to travel.
  • Options
    Fined two weeks wages? Trust that's less than the 10 grand we pay Christensen every fortnight for doing SFA...

Pardky mentioned a few weeks ago that we were trying to buy out Christensen's contract but that he was refusing to budge. And indeed, why should he ?

But while Christensen clearly does not care as long as he's picking up a quarter of a million a year for doing nothing except drive around south London in a flash motor, Josh's 'crime' (if this story is true) consists of displaying his desire to play and do well for Charlton.
  • Options
    Hope it aint true but if it is then we need 2 get rid.Just the attitude we dont need when things aint going right.