Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Josh Wright fined?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Have only scan read the majority of this, so apologies if I am repeating what others have said.

Wright could learn alot from Jonjo. Now he really is a player who was given the impression that he was going to feature heavily this season. 3 games into the season he vanishes.

Do we hear about him refusing to travel in squads? Do we hear anything about him? No.

Infact, the rumblings we hear are rumours that his dad isn't happy that he isn't playing.

Wright was nowhere near the first team until he came in from the cold for those two games, his sum total of first team starts was 3 after the Norwich game, so what if the O/S hinted he might play against Sheffield Utd - he doesn't have a god given right to play.

If this is true he has shown himself to be an immature little boy. If I was his boss I know what response he'd get to that sort of carry on.
  • Options
    I'm worried now about the damage that Parkinson is doing to the club not only now, but next season as well.

Christ, its depressing.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]whatever the rights or wrongs of Josh's actions this smacks of appalling man management once again. As with Moots, he plays in the Cup when the loanee is unable to and is then dropped for the league games. Why ? And yet we had actually WON when he played. There will be six changes again tonight. It's fecking madness.

Agree entirely.
    Me too. As for playing it out on Facebook etc, that's becoming more commonplace too and it needs to stop.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: C_f_W[/cite]Me too. As for playing it out on Facebook etc, that's becoming more commonplace too and it needs to stop.

Guessing you've seen this before?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]Wright could learn alot from Jonjo. Now he really is a player who was given the impression that he was going to feature heavily this season. 3 games into the season he vanishes.

Do we hear about him refusing to travel in squads? Do we hear anything about him? No.

Apples and oranges if you ask me. Jonjo is 16 is expected by many to go far no pressure on him at all at the moment, the ball is in his court as it were. Josh Wright is a bit older contract up at the end of the season, probably hopes to be part of Charlton's plans next year in Div 1 was rumoured to have been told he was playing, was part of the team that beat Norwich, sounds like frustration, exasperation. Punishment is right but give the lad a break.
  • Options
    wow!!!

Great articles on Jay Bothroyd and the facebook danger in this thread...

Just don't know what to think about Josh Wright....

either way haope he gets another opportunity at some point...
  • Options
    Josh Wright is just 19, played only a handful of games for Charlton - but about 40 League games for Barnet and Brentford.

So it's obvious he's not content to be some half-forgotten fringe player.
    He's relatively experienced at Div 2 level and ready to play now, if he's good enough.

I don't condone his outburst - but why on earth bigging up the player and for 10 days telling him he is going to start - and then pull the rug from under the lad's feet the day before the match.

That's crap man-management.

Don't make promises you can't keep; better to say nothing and keep Wright guessing.
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    We are hearing 'one side' of the story.....as a lot of folk don't much like Parky it would seem they are prepaired to put the blame firmly on his shoulders.....why, that's just plain silly everyone....Parky may well be entirely without fault here, there could be a hundred and one different resons why this has come about...I don't know and I would suggest that 99% of the posters who are dissing him in this thread don't either.
    Until you know all the circumstances don't go blaming him without hearing the other side of the story.
    I'm no Parky fan but I know he's a decent man if nothing else.....so come on...be fair.