Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who's our best player?

Honestly, who is the best player?! I am not too sure yet!

Comments

• Options
    Jonjo easy!

Which is depressing as he's 16
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Have to say Jonjo as well. There's no one else in the side I get excited about when they get on the ball apart from him.
  • Options
    jonjo
  • Options
    Kelly Youga.

Jonjo.
  • Options
    I'm gonna beg to differ, no doubt Jonjo is our best prospect but at his best, which I might say is pretty rare for any Charlton player I think it is Moo2, quick, good tackler, good aerially however, his crossing aint the best but he is streaks better than Youga or Basey, however, that is only my opinion!!!
  • Options
    Lloyd Sam, has improved imensley since the beginning of the season, just needs to find the net occasionally now!
  • Options
    ZZ is our best player ... if healthy enough to actually play!
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Now I have thought about it, I would probably say Jonjo.
  • Options
    http://www.charltonlife.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=22374&page=1#Item_11
    Jonjo or sam
  • Options
    Kinsella
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sam carries a threat every time he runs at defences - okay, his crossing can still be a bit suspect but it's got better and defenders don't like playing against him .

We need him running into the box with the ball, he'll win us penalties.

Moo2 is the most under-rated/undervalued player at the club. Sure, he can be a bit weak positionally with his defending,
    but the way he turns defence into attack and his link up play with Sam, is something no other player can provide so well.

So allow him to play to his strengths - and organise others to cover for his defensive deficiencies.
  • Options
    Gotta be Hudson.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Moo2 is the most under-rated/undervalued player at the club. Sure, he can be a bit weak positionally with his defending,
    but the way he turns defence into attack and his link up play with Sam, is something no other player can provide so well.

In a lot of other countries that wouldn't be a problem. I can kind of understand it, but his attacking play takes pressure off the rest of the team, and gives Sam more support than anyone else can.
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Exactly, Sco.

And allows us the quick counter attack - or even the opportunity to pressure teams by actually playing the game in their half, rather than on our own 18 yard line.
  • Options
    Hudson! don't make me laugh
  • Options
    Honestly, Hudson is shockingly bad, like most of Charlton!
  • Options
    Jonjo and ZZ.

It would be Ambrose based on technical ability but he just rarely shows it for some reason.
  • Options
    In terms of natural ability would be Toddy for me, but too slow now, so would be ZZ when fit. Jonjo is one for the future.
  • Options
    Sam Bartram's statue has made fewer mistakes than most this season. Also more solid than our defence, doesn't go missing like our midfield, can jump as impressively as Andy Gray and with a little shove is almost as quick as Basey.
  • Options
    Jonjo is the best prospect, ZZ is technically our best player by a mile, just a shame we don't have anyone else anywhere near his wavelength
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]Sam Bartram's statue has made fewer mistakes than most this season. Also more solid than our defence, doesn't go missing like our midfield, can jump as impressively as Andy Gray and with a little shove is almost as quick as Basey.

I've noticed he doesn't have quick feet these days, hasn't caught a cross in years, and never calls out to defenders.
    Perhaps his best years are behind him.......?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]ZZ is technically our best player by a mile, just a shame we don't have anyone else anywhere near his wavelength

Todorov is, and if anything, he's better technically.
  • Options
    Charlton don't look good at the mo.
    We definatly need some players who can co-ordinate better together and actually work as a team!
  • Options
    Look more of a team than we have in a while.

Of course we're going to be rebuilding in the summer, so it could look very different by the time next season starts and they'll have to learn to play together and gel all over again.
  • Options
    Good point.
    I hope we win some more games soon!
  • Options
    In answer to the original question I'd say Racon. He's mustard!
  • Options
    1. ZZ
    2. Bailey
    3. Racon
    4. Shelvey
    5. Holland
  • Options
    I agree with Chizz now! ;)
  • Options
    Best player Racon

2nd best Racon when he was injured
  • Options