Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who's our best player?

Comments

• Options
    Rob Elliot
  • Options
    I said Jonjo in this thread before, but i have to say Racon is a class apart currently.
  • Options
    Chinny Racon is looking a bit tasty - I really hope we can keep him as he'll be a class apart next season
  • Options
    1. Racon
    2.Shelvey
    3.ZZ
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]1. Racon
    2.Shelvey
    3.ZZ

And there's me trying to pick an argument with you, but all you do is come out with sensible stuff....;-)
  • Options
    ZZ, hands down.

Shelvey has the potential to be.
  • Options
    Racon and Zheng on pure ability and consistency.

Ambrose the one that should be up there, but lacks confidence and the consistency so rarely plays to their level.

Fortune can be a very capable defender on his day, just never had a regular run and really proven it and show he can do it consistently.
  • Options
    I'd say Racon. For all the quality ZZ brings, I don't see him as having Racon's all round game. Bailey, ZZ and Jonjo are in the mix too. Makes you wonder why Parky was agitating to get central midders in when you consider that we have Wright and Semedo covering injuries.
  • Options
    Racon.
  • Options
    from the current squad NO BRAINER ZZ
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: BLACKHEATH ADDICK[/cite]In answer to the original question I'd say Racon. He's mustard!

More of a brown really LOL
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]from the current squad NO BRAINER ZZ

Absolutely right, we have looked a different side going forward since he came back in.

The bloke is absolute top-class and I would reckon that he has a fair chance of being back in the Premiership next season, albeit with a lower league club.

If he had been fit all season then there is no way we would be where we are.

I would have loved to have seen the following side play all season....

Elliott
    Loanee - Hudson - Fortune - Youga
    Sam - Zheng - Shelvey - Racon - Bailey
    Gray (fit and with no home worries)
  • Options
    I would have loved to have seen the following side play all season....

Elliott
    Yassin - Hudson - Fortune - Youga
    Sam - Zheng - Racon - Bailey
    Shelvey
    Gray
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Shelvey-----Bailey :)
  • Options
    Semedo and Bailey for me.

Shelvey still has that potential mentioned earlier in thread and Racon not too far behind.
  • Options
    Kelly Youga. (nap)
  • Options
    I find the players that everyone seems to rate to be continually disappointing.

Burton in my opinion is our best player.
  • Options
    Reid (although not actually ours) or Bailey.

Burton is important too.
  • Options
    l would tend to agree that Burton is our most intelligent player.
  • Options
    Noticed all the shouts for Racon from earlier in the thread, last season. IMO he's too good for this league technically, and so hasn't been able to play to the same level because of the 'ruggedness' of opposition players. I'd say he's the best, but Bailey is probably the best for League 1, if that makes sense.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: allez les addicks[/cite]Noticed all the shouts for Racon from earlier in the thread, last season. IMO he's too good for this league technically, and so hasn't been able to play to the same level because of the 'ruggedness' of opposition players. I'd say he's the best, but Bailey is probably the best for League 1, if that makes sense.
    Racon's good technically yes but the rest of his game isn't really Championship standard. Poor defensively, doesn't really score goals or actually create many chances directly. He's looked at his best in a 451 when his weaknesses are hidden so they're harder to notice.
    [cite]Posted By: Penfolds Perm[/cite]l would tend to agree that Burton is our most intelligent player.
    Agree with that, he's also one of the most important.

All round best player is Bailey. Earlier in the season I'd have said Dailly was close, but he seems to have declined as the season has gone on. Jonjo is very talented, better in some areas than Bailey but not as consistent or good all round.
  • Options
    shelvey, youga, racon
  • Options
    I am normally biased & will always pick a centre half, but none of our lot do it for me sadly. Bailey for me.
  • Options
    Interesting Youga is mentioned a few times. This time last year he was a clown, a joke and Basey was much better.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Interesting Youga is mentioned a few times. This time last year he was a clown, a joke and Basey was much better.
    . Absence obviously makes the heart fonder!
  • Options
    Depends how you define "best". Although not technically our "best" player Nicky Bailey would be first on my teamsheet in terms of all round importance. Followed by Dailly and Burton. Technically Shelvey has the potential to be our best although it could be argued that Racon currently holds that honour. I also think Waggy is going to be a great player for us in years to come.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Interesting Youga is mentioned a few times. This time last year he was a clown, a joke and Basey was much better.
    Not saying I get all the players right, for instance Burton's qualities certainly passed me by when he first joined us, but I've always stuck up for Youga.
    He's already a good player, but for me he has the potential to go on to better things. Let's hope it's with us....
  • Options
    Bailey for me

Burton our most important its seems though as we could replace bailey

lol made me laugh reading the previous moo2, by a few although i do rate him funny how he cant even get a game how frustrating
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mid_life_crisis[/cite]
    Not saying I get all the players right, for instance Burton's qualities certainly passed me by when he first joined us, but I've always stuck up for Youga.
    He's already a good player, but for me he has the potential to go on to better things. Let's hope it's with us....
    I think he's a good player, just not one of our best. Will be interesting to see how good he is when he's at his peak, whether that's with us or somewhere else. Some players do take their game up a level unexpectedly in their late 20s.
    [cite]Posted By: Chaz Hill[/cite]Depends how you define "best". Although not technically our "best" player Nicky Bailey would be first on my teamsheet in terms of all round importance. Followed by Dailly and Burton. Technically Shelvey has the potential to be our best although it could be argued that Racon currently holds that honour. I also think Waggy is going to be a great player for us in years to come.
    I think of best as what they offer all round. So while there are more skillful players than Bailey, for his position he's good or at least decent in more areas than most. Racon and Shelvey have some areas they are the best in, but they also have much bigger weaknesses than Bailey and aren't as consistent.

Wagstaff I hope becomes one of those players that knows how to get the best out of his ability. He'll never have the quick feet and skill of some wingers, but I can see him being one of the fittest and most determined around in the future. If he didn't have the drive and energy he has, we'd have let him go by now. Very different to Sam who lacks those things and any real consistency, but has made up for it in other areas.
  • Options
    When he's having a good day Sam is our best player, sadly he doesn't manage to impose himself on games as regularly as we'd like. All the same, technically he's right up there with Racon if not better. For all round game I guess it has to be Bailey, although the only areas he really excels in are goalscoring and work rate. Burton and Dailly are the ones who you can see the benefit of experience in and Burton's got the fastest football brain. Jonjo's got the best vision and range of passing but his lack of experience is also there for all to see at times. Big Bob is probably the most consistent and he's coming on very nicely as a good solid all-round keeper.

Overall though, I'm going to plump for Youga - he's strong, quick, solid defensively, decent in the air, has great stamina and work rate and has a bit of flair about him. Only thing that really lets him down is his crossing isn't up to the standard of some fullbacks. He'd be right in the running for player of the year if still fit and maintaining his early season form - lets hope he's back soon and is still the Youga from September 09 not February 09.