Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tresor Kandol and Darren Ward

Comments

• Options
    If we go down 100% hudson will leave. Guy at work is Watford said that ward will do a job for us big lump who gets stuck in. As for the forward lets give him a chance.
  • Options
    With the poor weather forecast for Burnley I'm concerned how the new signings will cope. Particularly Kandol in the wind. Thanks, you've been a great audience.
  • Options
    Fortune & Gray out for season the week we get our First win in 19 games, it really does beggar belief this season, it seems lady luck is not our friend this season. As for the new guys let's let them play before we start hanging ourselves just yet.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: robroy[/cite]If we go down 100% hudson will leave. Guy at work is Watford said that ward will do a job for us big lump who gets stuck in. As for the forward lets give him a chance.
    I liked the look of the Peckham Beckham in that Milwall cup run, but he surely isn't a big lump. Sub 6 foot centre half?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Any team for next season must have Racon in it.

Agreed as long as we can get him fit.....and Wright in MF in my opinion

Hopefully these two newbies will be ok.....just need another CB now...we must have cover at the very least and as much as I love Matty, he isnt a cb.....and youga should adopt left back....in the changing room. But seriously, didnt think Youga played that badly the other night. How about Moots at rw?
  • Options
    Ward will be fine for us - Kandol - is he any better than Izale? I doubt it.
  • Options
    My concern about Kandol is that he's already played a lot of games this season - I'm hoping that he isn't burnt out. He's hardly set League 1 on fire has he?

I'm here all week.
  • Options
    Is Youga suspended Saturday or is that next week?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mid_life_crisis[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]Kandol was on loan at Millwall. His loan has now expired and they have replaced him with....er, Izale McLeod !

ffs, this is like a Brian Rix farce.

mid_life...with the greatest respect mate...what else do you expect?
    We're bottom of the league...by some margin...short on funds and just suffered two or three rather bad injuries just afew days before the closing deadline....we aren't a 'touch' nowadays as club for players to join up with...ergo this is what we must learn to live with for a while.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]team for next season in div 1
    New goalkeeper
    Murty, Hudson, Ward, new left back
    Sam or New winger, Spring, Bailey, New winger
    Burton new striker or dicko if he stays.

Surely this team would come back up

Surely we'll be using Elliot and Randolph as the keepers?

As said Murty and Hudson won't play in League One, Ward probably won't either.

Burton will be there, and I agree Racon has to be. He should be in the team this season as soon as he's fit enough.
    [cite]Posted By: L Block JT[/cite]Millwall folk seem very happy with swapping Kandol for Mcleod.

Probably not much between them. Because he's new he looks better than what they have.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wolves set to sign Calum Davenport hence Ward leaving on loan
  • Options
    At least he's a bit more physical
  • Options
    McLovin crooned: ''Kandol in the wind...''

Think you've just given the OS guys their next headline, McL !
  • Options
    Kandol.Complete waste of time.Playing non league a couple of seasons ago.I saw him.Tosh.

Absolutely no better than what we have.has no experience in this league.Probably make Varney look like van nistlerooy.

will we ever learn?
  • Options
    Ward seems like a good signing given our position and financial status and the fact there's obviously a shortage of centre-halves available

If Kandol jumps ahead of Dickson in the pecking order there will be a lot of unhappy bunnies - me included
  • Options
    Plaaayer -
    Youga is available Saturday but is unavailable for the next game played.
  • Options
    Thanks mate
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Heath Hero[/cite]My concern about Kandol is that he's already played a lot of games this season - I'm hoping that he isn't burnt out. He's hardly set League 1 on fire has he?

I'm here all week

LOL

Think that has whooshed over many
  • Options
    not that desparate for a strike surely........although Gray is now missing we stil have Burton,Dickso,Fleetwood & Toddy.

what sort of msg does it send Fleetwood - just recalled him then get a striker in on loan.

do they ever learn ?
  • Options
    Kandol seems a bit of a strange one seeing as we've basically swapped him for Izale, but I guess the way we've been playing we need to always have a target man type on the pitch and with Gray out (and arguably not very good at it anyway) we need someone as backup/an alternative to Burton.

Ward makes a lot of sense though, played a lot of games in this division for decent sides.

I'd still like another centre back and a natural left winger but I think we could probably run with this squad for the rest of the season and do okay, although hard to see it getting us out of relegation.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm not sure signing one striker is going to be enough. I reckon we'll need four Kandols.
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Just had a chat with my Huddersfield mate, and he rates Kandol. He reckons he is the reason why S***wall are up in the play offs. Says he wins a lot in the air, and does put himself about, however if he does not want to know, he can be very lazy.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]not that desparate for a strike surely........although Gray is now missing we stil have Burton,Dickso,Fleetwood & Toddy.

what sort of msg does it send Fleetwood - just recalled him then get a striker in on loan.

do they ever learn ?

agree but Parky has already said Toddy isn't doing enough plus we need a 'target' man and none of the others can do that job.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]not that desparate for a strike surely........although Gray is now missing we stil have Burton,Dickso,Fleetwood & Toddy.

do they ever learn ?

Are you really saying you think Fleetwood and Toddy is the answer to our problems.....
  • Options
    Ward - could b a good signing, exactely what we need, not my first choice but will do a job and atleast has played with hudson before

Kandol - erm yeah, the only time's i've seen him he's had even less composure than luke varney, quick and powerful looks a handful until he gets infront of goal!!! Oh well mayb he's improved in the last 12 months, he will only be cover hopefully behind Dicko - will be well annoyed if he starts ahead of Dicko
  • Options
    We definitely needed a striker. Kandol doesn't seem to be a natural goalscorer though, but he's probably the best we could get, hopefully he'll be desperate to prove he can play in this league.

Good for them all to have some competition.
  • Options
    Chizz said "I reckon we'll need four Kandols."

Is it your birthday then, Chizz?

(sorry!)
  • Options
    ward is a poorer version of hudson imo but for where we are as a club we're not gonna be signing anything great.... we gotta keep on lowering our expectations cos we are in the doo doo
  • Options
    just asked millwall season ticket holder for his opinion on kandol this is the reply ' the laziest, shit touched awful goal hanging turd you can imagine, he was our top scorer early on in the season and still got abused'
    i then asked if he was worse than the clown and was told 'i haven't seen enough of the clown but yes'

we've been warned !!
  • Options
    Just checked with a friend who is a Wolves season ticket holder. His view of Ward:

Speed - slow.
    Ability on the ball - none to speak of.
    Tackling - powderpuff.
    Heading - not bad actually!

I reckon he'll fit right in...