Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tresor Kandol and Darren Ward

13»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: AllLeftFoot[/cite]Just checked with a friend who is a Wolves season ticket holder. His view of Ward:

Speed - slow.
    Ability on the ball - none to speak of.
    Tackling - powderpuff.
    Heading - not bad actually!

I reckon he'll fit right in...

They would say that though, they're doing well and he's a back up player. So much a back up player that they are happy to loan him out for the rest of the season.

Completely different situation for us, we're the other end of the table, thinking of League One rather than the Prem.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]I'm not sure signing one striker is going to be enough. I reckon we'll needfour Kandols.

Fork Handles?

Or perhaps he'll help us dig our way out of this.
  • Options
    I see Ward as quite a decent signing but can't see why we've signed Kandol when we would have been better keeping McLeod. I really hope we're after another striker and no way should Kandol come in in front of Dickson (and i'm in no way Dickson's biggest fan).
  • Options
    we have signed Kandol; because he wins balls in the air where as Izale is a plyer to go off the shoulder, we have lost gray so we needed someone who can play in the same style not someone who needs ball to feet

rightly or wrongly that is how parky and kins want to play 2 guys to win the headers with either jon jo or dicko behind them
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite] we have lost gray so we needed someone who can play in the same style

Do we? After watching some of Grays performances for us i'd say we needed somebody who plays the complete opposite.
  • Options
    With Gray out, who now takes the masses of penalties we're going to be awarded this season......?

;o)
  • Options
    Kelly Youga.
  • Options
    All over Darren Ward as he's proven at this level & lets be honest, beggars cant't be choosers so i think we've done well there. Kandol...3 bob. Always love to be proved but if he plays ahead of Chrissy D, I think our manager deserves to a holiday in Gaza.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]I'm not sure signing one striker is going to be enough. I reckon we'll needfour Kandols.

Fork Handles?
    One of the funniest bits of TV comedy ever......Ranks right up there alongside Geoff Thomas' shot for England
  • Options
    I asked a passionate Wolves fan in my office (so much so he simply has to text me whenver they beat us) what he thought of Ward and he claimed to have not heard of him. I mentioned that he'd played 30 odd games last year. but he just looked at me blankly. I think, as a bloke, if I'd been caught not knowing who someone who had played first team football for my side in the last 20 years was, I'd hurl myself off a building, or at least a bus. What is wrong with people? If you don't like effing football, it's OK, don't pretend to.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oh Tresor Kandol,
    You light up my life,
    Oh Tresor Kandol,
    You can shag my wife,
    Oh Tresor Kandol,
    I want to backflip like you
  • Options
    millwall supporters at work rate kandol reckon he was big reason why they have been doing so well ,they was worried that leeds were going to recall him just after christmas.
  • Options
    Like the sound of them both.

Would still like to see Wayne Brown or another CH come in for cover but hard to attract a player like that to sit on the bench.

Well done Parky/Waggott/Murray/Chappell
  • Options
    Wayne Brown has gone to Leicester, I'm afraid...
  • Options
    The signing of Ward is fair enough but Kandol I know Grays out now but don't we still have Burton, Dicko, Waghorn, Fleetwood, Izzy and an unfit Toddy or are Izzy and Waghorn injured to, as they seem to have disappered off the face of the earth?

If Dicko Doesn't start Sat I will be so angry.
  • Options
    waghorn gone back to sunderland, izzy at millsmall toddy not fit enough to play

fleetwood came back yesterday
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    [cite]Posted By: mad83[/cite]The signing of Ward is fair enough but Kandol I know Grays out now but don't we still have Burton, Dicko, Waghorn, Fleetwood, Izzy and an unfit Toddy or are Izzy and Waghorn injured to, as they seem to have disappered off the face of the earth?

If Dicko Doesn't start Sat I will be so angry.

Mendonca and Andy Hunt have gone as well. Keep up :-)
  • Options
    What happened to Johnny Summers? He looked promising...
  • Options
    Sorry I appear to have lost my mind, must still be in shock after a home win, I did know that but it all went blank.

But it says it all that Millwall have Izzy off us after they get rid of Kandol.
  • Options
    Bloody hell just seen this! Are you trying to build an ex palace and Millwall 11?

I'm usually quite generous about ex palace players, for instance Soares is a good signing and will definitley improve your team.

But Darren ward......Oh dear.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm hoping that Kandol will blow me away.
  • Options
    Just realised they complete our "Loanee XI" for this season

Cranie (he's played all over the back four, might as well be the one to go in goal)

Murty Primus Ward McEveley

Gillespie Soares Bouazza

Burton Kandol Waghorn

Spring on the bench as he was on loan for a few days until he signed properly.
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Good work, Scoham. Surprisingly, seven of the 11 loanees have been signed by Parky, I think, and only four by Pardew.

If W and K appear tomorrow, that will also make 37 players we have used in total this season - one short of last year's record of 38.

Although the transfer window closes on Monday, it opens again for loans in mid-Feb , so on Parky's form so far, there's every prospect we can set a new record !
  • Options
    I bet we get someone on loan once it re-opens, Murty or someone is bound to get injured.
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I really wonder how long Murty will be here.

It's his testimonial year at Reading, for heaven's sake , and he's got various golf days and go-karting days lined up over the next couple of months which his Reading team mates are pledged to support and which Reading fans are paying big money to attend...capped by a testimonial game between Reading and Celtic.

He's Reading to his core and is still their club captain, and he's not going to spend three months of his testimonial season at another club, IMO. I think he is purely here to get fit (and to help his old Reading mate Parky out while he's here). As soon as he is match fit, I'd be astonished if he lengthens his stay. He'll be back at Reading like a shot to be part of their promotion push...

His initial loan runs out next week and I reckon at best we will get another month out of him as he clearly isn't fit yet by some way.
  • Options
    Ward looks just the right type for a battle. Credit Parky with one thing he has gone for some 'steel' in the players he's got in and the side looks a lot more resilient and able dig out a result now.

Kandol is a curious signing but if he can hold up a ball maybe the perfect foil for Dickson
  • Options
    For whatever reason, I am fairly optimistic about these additions. Kandol seems a bit of a mercenary, but good in the air, and it would be nice to have a target man who was a bit younger and more athletic than Andy Gray. He may not ultimately come to anything, but I can at least understand what the rationale is for adding him to the side.
  • Options
    Nelseonout wrote: '''Kandol is a curious signing but if he can hold up a ball maybe the perfect foil for Dickson''

May well be true, but I think you can be pretty sure that is not the reason Parky has brought him in!