Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

***Snow - Train/Bus statuses***

Comments

• Options
    getting worse in Charlton now
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: MariaCAFC[/cite]I'm 'working' from home today - due to my coaches not running from Medway and there are no trains either...

It's been snowing for an hour again down here and news says more to come... :o)

Oh well 4 day weekend looking likely! :o)

I'm on the trains these days, but I've heard from a mate that Kings Ferry were running fine... so come on Maria, just admit you couldnt be arsed ;-)

Cheek!!! Clarkes didn't run any coaches this morning - due to not being able to get them out of the yard in Kingsnorth.........

Saw an email from Kings Ferry that they were running coaches back from London at 9am this morning due to offices being closed in London.

PS - Kings Ferry don't run from my area! :o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MariaCAFC[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: MariaCAFC[/cite]I'm 'working' from home today - due to my coaches not running from Medway and there are no trains either...

It's been snowing for an hour again down here and news says more to come... :o)

Oh well 4 day weekend looking likely! :o)

I'm on the trains these days, but I've heard from a mate that Kings Ferry were running fine... so come on Maria, just admit you couldnt be arsed ;-)

Cheek!!! Clarkes didn't run any coaches this morning - due to not being able to get them out of the yard in Kingsnorth.........

Saw an email from Kings Ferry that they were running coaches back from London at 9am this morning due to offices being closed in London.

PS - Kings Ferry don't run from my area! :o)

That's funny - a Clarke's coach passed me as I stood at New Eltham Station this morning at about 8am.

Admit it Maria, you just didn't bother getting out of bed this morning, did you?
    ;o)
  • Options
    What is this pick on me day!

That would be a london based (most of them are kept at Sydenham) coach!! Commuter based coaches are kept down here.

:op

Part of me couldn't be bothered but it was just the excuse I needed to call in!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MariaCAFC[/cite]What is this pick on me day!

That would be a london based (most of them are kept at Sydenham) coach!! Commuter based coaches are kept down here.

:op

Part of me couldn't be bothered but it was just the excuse I needed to call in!

Can't believe you didn't go to work Maria, I'm so embarrassed ;0)
  • Options
    Hardly any in Blackpool, saying that hardly any delegates have made it either!
  • Options
    Update for Tomorrows Services from SouthEastern

http://www.southeasternrailway.co.uk/main.php?page_id=5
  • Options
    In case that link crashes

A summary of the service planned for Tuesday 3 February

We're planning to run a limited sevice tomorrow. Passengers are advised to check with National Rail Enquiries (telephone 0845 7 48 49 50) before making their journey

Half hourly from 0430 Ramsgate - Charing Cross via Sandwich, Dover, Ashford, Tonbridge
    Calling at all stations to Tonbridge, then Sevenoaks, Orpington, London Bridge, Waterloo.
    First train from Charing Cross to Ramsgate approx 0700

Half hourly from 0530 Ashford - Charing Cross via Tonbridge,
    Running fast to Tonbridge, then all stations to Orpington (including Knockholt etc), then London Bridge, Waterloo
    First train from Charing Cross to Ashford approx 0715

Half hourly from 0500 Orpington - Charing Cross
    Calling at all stations via Grove Park, Lewisham, then fast from Lewisham - London Bridge
    First train from Charing Cross to Orpington approx 0600

Half hourly from 0530 Hayes - Charing Cross
    Calling at all stations via Lewisham, including St Johns and New Cross
    First train from Charing Cross to Hayes approx 0630

Half hourly from 0530 Hastings - Charing Cross via Tunbridge Wells
    Calling at all stations to Tonbridge, then Sevenoaks and Orpington and then fast to London Bridge
    First train from Charing Cross to Hastings approx 0745

Half hourly from 0445 Ramsgate - Ashford via Canterbury West
    Calling at stations
    First train from Ashford to Ramsgate approx 0545

Half hourly from 0530 Ashford - Victoria via Maidstone East
    Calling at all stations to Bromley South (including Eynsford, Shoreham and Bickley)
    First train from Victoria to Ashford first train approx 0645

Half hourly from 0615hrs Bromley South - Victoria via Herne Hill
    Calling at all stations via Beckenham Junction & Herne Hill
    First train from Victoria to Bromley South first train approx 0630

Half hourly from 0435 Ramsgate - Victoria via Faversham/Chatham
    Calling at all stations to St Mary Cray, Bromley South and Victoria
    First train from Victoria to Ramsgate approx 0730

Half hourly from 0445 Dover - Faversham via Canterbury East
    Calling at all stations
    First train from Faversham to Dover Priory first train approx 0445

Half hourly from 0430 Gillingham - Cannon St via Dartford/Woolwich/Greenwich
    Calling at all stations
    First train from Cannon Street to Gillingham approx 0615

Half hourly from 0515 Dartford - Cannon St via Bexleyheath/Lewisham
    Calling at all stations including St Johns/New Cross
    First train from Cannon Street to Dartford approx 0600

Half hourly from 0500 Dartford - Charing Cross via Sidcup/Lewisham
    All stations to Lewisham, then fast to London Bridge
    First train from Charing Cross to Dartford approx 0600

Half hourly from 0715 Swanley - Victoria via Catford Loop
    All stations
    First train from Victoria to Swanley approx 0730

The following routes will have NO TRAIN SERVICE on Tuesday 3 February

* Sittingbourne - Sheerness (buses will run in place of trains on this line)
    * Strood - Paddock Wood via Maidstone West
    * Faversham - Cannon Street fast peak services via Medway/Chislehurst
    * Plumstead - Cannon Street via Charlton/Lewisham (no services from Charlton - Blackheath & vice versa)
    * Cannon Street - Cannon Street Metro off peak 'circular services'
    * Grove Park - Bromley North
    * Sevenoaks - Blackfriars via Bat and Ball / Catford / Elephant & Castle
    * Orpington - Bromley South via Petts Wood / Bickley
    * Dartford - Victoria via Lewisham / Peckham Rye
  • Options
    damm
  • Options
    Mine isn't running and there's no way I'm packing into a half hourly all stopper to Victoria, when I need to be at Cannon St....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    oh well looks like its back to work tomorrow!
  • Options
    Damn it, not happy about that. God knows how busy the trains will be though with one every half hour when there's usually 3-4.
    Would appreciate if one of the early birds can update us in the morning as i'm sure it'll still be chaos.
  • Options
    As I drive in, I imagine the roads will be really icy tomorrow - another duvet day methinks, I'll review the weather on Wednesday :0)
  • Options
    Bollocks.
  • Options
    Severe delays and cancellations at Dartford already.

I'm going to stay at home I think...
  • Options
    How bad?? Got to get to Gravesend Station first - Is it packed at Dartford?
  • Options
    the services havent even started yet according to someone I just spoke to.

Bexleyheath is shut as well.
  • Options
    shame that Bruv i was up the woods at half 8 having a snow ball fight and burying Joe in the snow, whilst you are stuck in work

had to send the lorries out this morning not to pleased the drivers i tell you

the pavements are the problem today not the roads i just hope no one gets hurt

good luck anyone that has a bit to walk to get to work
  • Options
    South Eastern website is as much use as a chocolate teapot. No live info at all.

Really icy on the roads out of the estate so I suspect I will be at home again. Oh well ;-)
  • Options
    Southeastern website has gone down, but said there were no services on the North Kent line about 20 minutes ago. From the Charlton live departure board - looks like trains are still getting stuck. I'm going back to bed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Last time I managed to get into the South Eastern website, it said Bexleheath & Woolwich lines were shut, but Sidcup line is supposed to be open.
    Lewisham & New Cross are apparently closed.

Buses are mostly running.

I'm going to head for Greenwich/Woolwich and see if I can get on the DLR. Wish me luck!
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    trains were running on sidcup line earlier...every half hour - got me into L Bridge for 6:40 (was fast from H Green to L Bridge though - so no Lewisham)
  • Options
    Just been to Dartford. Sidcup line was running (unlucky Smudge...) on the "when it comes in, get on" timetable.

I had this afternoon off regardless (because I was going to bristol) so working at home this morning anyway.

Pavements are just one giant ice block.

Be careful
  • Options
    Unfortunately I live in Hayes and as I have meetings in town today, I can't really have an excuse as I'm start of the line and therefore always guaranteed a seat!

Getting home this evening may be another thing though!
  • Options
    Just got through to the Railway automated service, it says that Southeastern Services are suspended, however it did not give an 'updated from' time so I dont know if this is for this morning or yesterdays info.
    What a wonderful rail system we have!!!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Just been to Dartford. Sidcup line was running (unlucky Smudge...) on the "when it comes in, get on" timetable.

So the only trains in the whole area going to London are on the sidcup line? Not sure i can be bothered to get down there, wait half hour or more for a train then not get on it due to overcrowding. Back to bed............
  • Options
    Trainspotters
  • Options
    Is it actually worth me going down to New Eltham station and trying or am I wasting my time?
  • Options
    walked the 20 mins to work this morning very icy.Buses running so all staff in.
  • Options
    According to a mate at Barnehurst Station, there has been derailments on both the Bexleyheath and Erith lines.