Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

***Snow - Train/Bus statuses***

124»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]not looking good fun getting home
    It looks like you've got to go to Charing X if you want a Sidcup line train.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]Well I got in, but getting home is going to be fun.

Me too! I hope the trains are okay tonight. Some of the melted snow on the pavements is turning icy where the sun has moved round.
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    i tink ill DLR it to greenwich
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JorgeCosta[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]Well I got in, but getting home is going to be fun.

Me too! I hope the trains are okay tonight. Some of the melted snow on the pavements is turning icy where the sun has moved round.

Was quite interesting walking across London Bridge... a couple of people almost went for a swim!
  • Options
    I wouldnt rely too much on the website either - it still lists the South Easterns normal timetable, which is not running today... not exactly helpful eh?

When I was at London Bridge, about 12:10, pretty much every service on the board was showing as cancelled...
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Lady Irving got in via Bromley South to Victoria then Victoria line and Central line to St Pauls.

Left at 7.00 got in at 9.00 so shame on all of you who didn't even try ; - )

Henry Jnr's School still closed so another trip to the park for sledging on whatever snow is left looks on the cards.[/quote]

Henners the only sensible course of action on such days is to leave the limited number of trains free to be used by essential services, and those with important meetings. Hence staying at home..
  • Options
    As the Welling line was out this morning got a bus to Lewisham, DLR to Docklands then Jubilee Line to the City. Cannon Street was open tonight but not running to timetable.

Better be better tomorrow!
  • Options
    Had a text from Southeastern - They are planning to run a full service tomorrow.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite] They are planning to run a full service tomorrow.

That's nice of them!
  • Options
    it'll make a change !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]Had a text from Southeastern - They are planning to run a full service tomorrow.
    I had to read that twice - first time I thought "Southeastern" was a CL member that knows you!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]Had a text from Southeastern - They are planning to run a full service tomorrow.
    I had to read that twice - first time I thought "Southeastern" was a CL member that knows you!

Ha, i thought the same at first !
  • Options
    Well, we've got "News Shopper" and "Bexley Times", so you never know... next time someone slags off the train service, watch out!
  • Options
    LOL - Signed up to their alert system on the website - I'm not chancing it tomorrow anyway given this mornings comedy.
  • Options
    Got 47 Bus from Bishopsgate to Lewisham at about 5pm, then 321 to Eltham. Had seat on the 47, it was warm and comfortable and with no traffic and bus lanes the journey was a breeze.
    Much better than fighting to get on a train at LB and being squashed all the way home.
  • Options
    Got to Lewisham about 5:40 and got on a Sidcup train about 10 minutes later. It was half empty.
  • Options
    Coach home last night, roads were empty... very different story this morning though - big queue for the Blackwall Tunnel
  • Options
    journey was a breeze last night, DLR.

nice to see the trains running, sadly i missed mine as i landed on my arse in charlton heights. fekking joke. sore bum, hand and pride.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]journey was a breeze last night, DLR.

nice to see the trains running, sadly i missed mine as i landed on my arse in charlton heights. fekking joke. sore bum, hand and pride.

I cant believe the lack of gritting in Bexley. My road, and most in the surrounding area, is like an ice rink. Even the broadway is sheet ice...........
  • Options
    RIP Charlton Heights
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    lol at the shagster.

its the OAPS i feel sorry for trying to get out to the shops.