Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

***Snow - Train/Bus statuses***

Comments

• Options
    I was at Sidcup for around 45 mins. One train come in in that time, and it was full. Working from home for now.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: supaclive[/cite]Unfortunately I live in Hayes and as I have meetings in town today, I can't really have an excuse as I'm start of the line and therefore always guaranteed a seat!

Getting home this evening may be another thing though![/quote]

I can see that line from my bedroom, not a train all day so far, must all be cancelled so you have an excellent excuse!
  • Options
    well I'm gonna hang on I think, no point going to new eltham from eltham and then just waiting.
  • Options
    BTW thanks to everyone for the updates, CL beats all the travel websites hands down!
  • Options
    Caught a train from Petts Wood. I had to stand all the way to London Bridge but thankfully it didn’t stop at any other station.
    Got into work 10 minutes later than normal.
  • Options
    Has anyone attempted being down New Eltham? AFKA, if sidcup trains were full then new eltham has no chance I guess?
  • Options
    Just in the city, it's very quiet at the moment!

Think allot of people are looking to finish off their snowmen from yesterday!
  • Options
    Just heading for the station now as boss is on my case to get in... doesnt sound promising from what you lot are saying! Great.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Just heading for the station now as boss is on my case to get in... doesnt sound promising from what you lot are saying! Great.
    Ha ha. My boss told me to stay at home. ;-)
  • Options
    Mu g/f got in this morning from Dartford, but only the Sidcup line running as far as London Bridge, she said very slow but running, she's more worried about getting home now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hayes station is closed! Trains not running! AFKA!....
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Just managed to get on to live departures for the bexleheath line, nothing for the next 2 hours at the moment.

If only this could have come a couple of days later, the first test against the West Indies starts tomorrow....
  • Options
    F**** you Westside!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: charltonkeston[/cite]Caught a train from Petts Wood. I had to stand all the way to London Bridge but thankfully it didn’t stop at any other station.
    Got into work 10 minutes later than normal.

My train ran out of power at Elmstead Woods and there was already a queue of 3 fast ones. I thought it was best to turn round and work at home for a bit, incase I got stuck.
  • Options
    I got the bus to Bromley.

No traffic.
  • Options
    Am at New Eltham now. One train came through about 25 mins ago but was packed and couldn't get on it. Next one not expected til 9.45 apparently. Magic.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]F**** you Westside!!

I know you have a newborn and the missus might be a bit slow coming over with the goodies,but that is well extreme Medders.
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    And Steve Dixon is standing just along the platform. Might go and get his autograph!
  • Options
    Disaster, keep losing my remote connection, so have to go in :-(
  • Options
    Got into work about 0715 train from New Eltham...office is almost empty just a handful of us in today.Immigration reporting centre is closed..it's going to be a slooooow day today.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lady Irving got in via Bromley South to Victoria then Victoria line and Central line to St Pauls.

Left at 7.00 got in at 9.00 so shame on all of you who didn't even try ; - )

Henry Jnr's School still closed so another trip to the park for sledging on whatever snow is left looks on the cards.
  • Options
    Just spoke to my boss and she told me not to bother coming in, gawd bless her!
  • Options
    Just saw the first 75 bus !!
    Does that mean we're gonna have a nice summer ?
  • Options
    easy journey for me... apart from slipping and sliding all the way down charlton lane. buses were empty on the lower road and jumped on the first one to north greenwich. nice.

might have to walk home fro north greenwich tonight tho.
  • Options
    Latest from South Eastern

Service update
    A summary of today's services, Tuesday 3 February
    We're aiming to run a limited service today and passengers are advised to check this site before making their journey.

Despite our, and Network Rail's, best efforts it's likely there will be delays and services will be busy so please allow time for you journey.

Staff are working to clear platforms and approach roads of ice and snow but at many stations - particularly smaller unstaffed stations - conditions will be slippery underfoot.

Services will be operating on all routes until the usual time of the last service

Mainline services

Ramsgate - Ashford via Canterbury West
    Hourly service calling at all stations

Ashford - Ramsgate via Dover
    Hourly service - customers for stations to Tonbridge and London should change at Ashford

Ashford - Charing Cross
    Half hourly service calling at all stations to Sevenoaks, Orpington and then to London Bridge

Ashford - Victoria
    Half hourly service calling at all stations to Bromley South and Victoria

Hastings - Charing Cross via Tunbridge Wells
    Half hourly service calling at all stations to Tonbridge, Sevenoaks, Orpington then fast to London Bridge

Ramsgate - Victoria via Faversham / Chatham
    Half hourly service calling at all stations to St Mary Cray, Bromley South and Victoria

Dover - Faversham via Canterbury East
    Half hourly service calling at all stations

Orpington - Charing Cross
    Half hourly service calling at all stations via Grove Park (except Lewisham)

Metro Service

London to Bexleyheath

services have just started (midday)

Bromley South - Victoria via Herne Hill
    Half hourly service calling at all stations via Beckenham Junction and Herne Hill

Gillingham - Charing Cross via Dartford/Woolwich/Greenwich

Dartford - Charing Cross via Sidcup
    Half hourly service calling at all stations (except Lewisham)

Swanley - Victoria via Catford

No train service
    The following routes will have NO TRAIN SERVICE on Tuesday 3 February until further notice
    Lewisham to Hayes via Catford Bridge

Grove Park to Bromley North

Strood to Paddock Wood via Maidstone West

Sittingbourne - Sheerness (buses will run in place of trains on this line)

Sevenoaks - Swanley via Otford

Closed stations

Cannon Street (aiming to open this before 1300)

Lewisham (partially re-opened at 1100)

Blackfriars (First Capital Connect is running services)

Service update at 12:20
  • Options
    Well I got in, but getting home is going to be fun.
  • Options
    Am in. Four hours door to door... good old South Eastern!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Am in. Four hours door to door... good old South Eastern![/quote]

Yawn... get yourself a motor done the Wharf in 50minutes today no queue for tunnell
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Latest from South Eastern

Service update

cheers Sid