Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New bird on Countdown

Comments

• Options
    Comments for the house of commoners thread above I think. 

has she had her baby by her dance partner became real hubbie yet? Can’t remember his name. 

• Options

has she had her baby by her dance partner became real hubbie yet? Can’t remember his name. 

Pasha Kovalev.
  • Options
    That would have killed the old fella right there. Too much of a Brucey bonus. 
  • Options
    FYI @kentaddick

consecutive tweets are much easier to both read and share via thread reader

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1191348844375740416.html
  • Options
    Why has she chosen that picture of all pictures to make her point? 
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    se9addick said:
    Why has she chosen that picture of all pictures to make her point? 
    Because he was getting arrested defending an organisation that the ANC branded as "unhelpful" in bringing the end of apartheid. The point is, corbyn is an anti racist when it suits him politically. 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/09/12/nelson-mandela-declined-meet-jeremy-corbyns-anti-apartheid-movement/
  • Options
    That would have killed the old fella right there. Too much of a Brucey bonus. 
    Not a bad way to go though. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's become the norm for celebrities to voice their political opinion.  I dont like the trend, but she's just as entitled to do it as everyone else 
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

Pasha Kovalev.
    He only asked.
  • Options
    Can we just go back to pictures of her with rude words on the board.
    unfortunately she's pregnant and jewish, something corbynistas can't stand.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    Love how someone with blue eyes and blonde hair has literally erased an anti-racist slogan, and the struggle of black people, to centre themselves as the victim of racism. Incredible optics there, really well thought out.

"Stupid blonde Jew should know her place on the victimhood pyramid."
    is precisely the attitude so furiously embraced by the chattering corbynista lunatics and so staunchly and silently endorsed by the leader of Her Majesty's loyal opposition and his pantomime seditious puppet master McCluskey. 
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    I thought it was the norm for “celebs” to make political statements these days. Or does it just depend on their viewpoint ?
    Yes. You can be rude about trump and Johnson (rightly so) but got help you if you are rude about Corbyn (who should not be above criticism) who has some frankly hysterical support.

Not really been following the story... Twitter is like Pandora's box so hard to figure out any semblance of order from it
    tbh this is probably the best post on this thread by a long stretch.
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    I thought it was the norm for “celebs” to make political statements these days. Or does it just depend on their viewpoint ?
    Yes. You can be rude about trump and Johnson (rightly so) but got help you if you are rude about Corbyn (who should not be above criticism) who has some frankly hysterical support.

Not really been following the story... Twitter is like Pandora's box so hard to figure out any semblance of order from it
    the difference being Corbyn hasn't made actual racist comments of which you label him a racist whereas Johnson has
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2019
    Stuff and things
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

You must have missed all the ones of Rachel Riley looking stunning.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    Love how someone with blue eyes and blonde hair has literally erased an anti-racist slogan, and the struggle of black people, to centre themselves as the victim of racism. Incredible optics there, really well thought out.

Stupid blonde Jew should know her place on the victimhood pyramid.
    Exactly what I thought. Paddy's post reeks of hypocrisy.
    What? Hypocritical how, and in what way did I tell someone to "know their place" @SantaClaus or indeed call them stupid?

Her point is evident, but she couldn't really have picked a much more divisive way in which to put it across. Maybe a black voice has a more valid opinion here - 

https://twitter.com/misschazmatazz/status/1197314984096796672

Also, in no way did I ever imply that anti-Semitism is "lower" on some sort of "victimhood pyramid". You've accused me of doing what Rachel Riley is, in fact, DOING!

Anyway let's take this back to the House of Commoners where I'm still waiting on several answers about the conflation of anti-Zionism and anti-Semitism et al. But whatever. 

Don't put words in my mouth in bad faith.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    No, edited as it was a stupid flippant comment.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    PaddyP17 said:

What? Hypocritical how, and in what way did I tell someone to "know their place" @SantaClaus or indeed call them stupid?

Her point is evident, but she couldn't really have picked a much more divisive way in which to put it across. Maybe a black voice has a more valid opinion here - 

Also, in no way did I ever imply that anti-Semitism is "lower" on some sort of "victimhood pyramid". You've accused me of doing what Rachel Riley is, in fact, DOING!

Anyway let's take this back to the House of Commoners where I'm still waiting on several answers about the conflation of anti-Zionism and anti-Semitism et al. But whatever. 

Said by every racist since forever. 

you also asked why it was hypocritical and then answered it after a couple of sentences. Anti Zionism - believing that Jews should not be allowed self determination is anti Semitic. We’ve been over that in the House of Commons, whatever political spin you want to put on it is irrelevant. But as @wss says, let’s keep it there please. 
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    PaddyP17 said:
    PaddyP17 said:

Said by every racist since forever. 

you also asked why it was hypocritical and then answered it after a couple of sentences. Anti Zionism - believing that Jews should not be allowed self determination is anti Semitic. We’ve been over that in the House of Commons, whatever political spin you want to put on it is irrelevant. But as @wss says, let’s keep it there please. 
    I've phrased that really poorly. I meant a more valid opinion than me on the whole issue *vis a vis Riley's shirt.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    PaddyP17 said:

Valid opinions? Crawl off into your momentum echo chamber.