Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cricket: West Indies v England

Comments

• Options
    I'm thinking that the authorities need to legislate on pitch preparation. Windies used to prepare hard, shiny pitches? To compete with 20/20 strips need to be balanced between batsman & bowler. Even as a test fan 4-5 hours for 70 is dull...
  • Options
    If the Windies prepared tracks like they did in the 70s and 80s most of their home Tests would only last two days.

It looks like England should have picked both Swann and Panesar for this match, who'd have thought that you'd need two spinners for a Test at Sabina Park?
  • Options
    If they had the bowlers that they had in the 70's/80's then maybe they'd prepare the tracks like they did then? There's no denying, surely, that Day 3 was attritional both for batsmen & bowlers? What I'd like is for some sort of regulations to make pitches (all over the world) an even match between attack & defence for both sides. All sorts of hi-tech stuff is being introduced to the game but what about looking at the basics ie. the pitch? Even the outfield at Sabina is slow! Under pressure from the short form, test cricket shouldn't roll over & say 'I give up, I'm boring'?
  • Options
    West Indies 389-9.
    Broads taken 5fer.
  • Options
    England 26-7
  • Options
    England's record lowest score is 45...that might be in danger.
  • Options
    Jesus wept
  • Options
    We've got to 50/7 thanks to Flintoff and Sidey, so we've avoided our record lowest score - 45 and the lowest score against the Windies - 46.
  • Options
    51/9 now!!
  • Options
    I'm gutted English Cricket is in tatters. The ECB has made English cricket into a world wide joke. In the summer we are playing the weakest OZ team for over 10 years and they will still beat us 5-0.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    51 all out...
  • Options
    Well done to the West Indies, I think this is only their third win in around the last 30 Tests.
  • Options
    BDLBDL
    edited February 2009
    About time Fat Bob got a recall.

Absolute shower of sh*te.
  • Options
    English cricket team are the new Charlton
  • Options
    We're not that bad.
  • Options
    Dumping sky sports is beginning to like like a master stroke on my part.
    Anyone praying for a bit of light relief from football through the summer can think again.

Spare a thought for the poor fellas that have just paid a million sovs each for Flintoff and Pieterson!
  • Options
    What an absolutely pathetic capitulation.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]Dumping sky sports is beginning to like like a master stroke on my part.
    Anyone praying for a bit of light relief from football through the summer can think again.

Spare a thought for the poor fellas that have just paid a million sovs each for Flintoff and Pieterson!

Two very signifcant points made there Carly, but neither in the way you imagined.
    Firstly I'd say the ECB's embracing of Sky Sport is more relevent, this year - 2009 is the first time since TV broadcasts first started that the general public will not be able to see live Free-to Air coverage of a home Ashes series. For all the money the ECB got for this and for all the percentage they say they will put into grass roots this situation is the worst thing to happen to cricket in this country - ever.
    If the short sighted idiots at the ECB really understood what 2005 did for cricket in the streets of this country then BBC/C4 or whoever would be showing the Ashes this summer.
    Secondly, it is because of the IPL and the ££££££'s involved that will affect KP and Freddie, don't worry;they will do it in India for the money men.
  • Options
    First chance I got to hear the score was at 6.30pm. Turned TMS on & Tony Cozier said it was 7 for 28! Imagine my surprise ;-)
  • Options
    In a word......shambles!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Taylor bowled wonderfully though.

Although as Nick Knight quite rightly pointed out 'these are the best XI this country has to offer, I expect more'

That was amazingly bad I am in shock at how poor those international test players were. And did anyone see Collingwoods dismissal? What was he running for? Berk.
  • Options
    I had a nice saturday night infront of that with a afew beers planned! Ended up watching a film with the Mrs!
  • Options
    A total embarrassment. 51 all out against a West Indies side that's recognised to be nowhere near as good as Australia. All this happening jut 5 months before the start of The Ashes. I would take out Bell and stick in Shah and also Anderson for Sidebottom. If they need a second spinner then Graeme Swann has to be considered. Bopara for Collingwood maybe??? Only plus side is that the only way is up...
  • Options
    did we lose then??? ;-)
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Spankie[/cite]If they need a second spinner then Graeme Swann has to be considered.[/quote]

Defo, bring Swann in, but I'd be okay with him replacing Monty? Too many plasticine pitches for me.
  • Options
    Any thoughts on the 2nd Test? Apart from we're in a whole heap of shot?
  • Options
    We're batting first , could be all over by tomorrow !
  • Options
    Did Shah get the nod in front of Bell in the end?
  • Options
    Wicket being described as 'rolled mud'!
  • Options
    Yes he did Les