Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cricket: West Indies v England

Comments

• Options
    Well if it's fit for footie, I reckon we should play them at football. We might win that way :-)
  • Options
    2nd test finally underway, England in bat first
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]2nd test finally underway, England in bat first
    Sorry to be a pedant AFKA but the 2nd test was abandoned as a draw on Friday. The 3rd test is now underway.
  • Options
    Pitch seems to be playing okay? Early in the match though I suppose. The big cheer when England passed 51 was funny.
  • Options
    So far a good toss to lose. The pitch was supposed to be a fast bowlers paradise, but looks slow to me. The lack of preparation time on the wicket might be the key to who wins, a few deliveries from Fidel Edwards have gone through quite low and the Windies will have to bat last on it.

Normally this track plays quite well for the batsmen - Lara scored his world record 400 on it, and the decision to bowl first by the Windies rather than bat looks a mistake.

Good to see Strauss making runs and asserting himself, and Shah looks in good form.
  • Options
    301/3 at stumps, great innings from Strauss though a shame to see him fall for 169 just before the close. Still very much our day and a good start tomorrow should see 500 on the board.
  • Options
    I did enjoy Jimmy ANderson when being stared down by the bowler telling him to go and bowl! good 1st day, big score tomorrow then put the buggers in after tea when this wicket should be past its best, i noticed a few balls shooting through quite low, so a big score will put W Indies under presssure
  • Options
    England 391-4 at Lunch on Day 2

Collingwood 50 off 77
    Pietersen 47 off 114

Anderson fell for 4 in the second over.
  • Options
    closer to 500 by the end of the day then stick them in.. has a draw all over it tho, was amazing to see england get 300 in a day, looked quite an amature pitch tho.
  • Options
    Taylor got the million pound men Pietersen and Flintoff in the same over. Latest score 420-6
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    519/7 and I suspect a declaration might not be far away, Broad is lashing the Windies all round the ground and Colly only needs a 8 for his hundred, if he can get the strike...
  • Options
    Wish Strauss had declared when Broad went. Colly's got his ton. No point in risking a draw now surely. I want to see what Harmison & Freddie get out of this pitch now.
  • Options
    I'd have declared too, but if Colly can lash a few cheap, quick runs then it might be worth staying out there for a few more overs.
  • Options
    BDLBDL
    edited February 2009
    One more run and Declaration?

Nah! 550 - 8
  • Options
    Colly caught in the deep slogging, 568/8 and the declaration. I make it that thr Windies will have to face 15 overs, if the light holds up.
  • Options
    Could be interesting - See what difference there is between their bowlers and ours.
  • Options
    Can Windies use the extra-heavy roller again mid test?
  • Options
    Anyone catch Test match special this evening?

Boycott sounded as though he had been bang on the Red stripe all morning/afternoon.
    The fella was slurring!
  • Options
    He was talking up the follow on earlier. Chicky's sound system playing havoc with Boycott's pacemaker?
  • Options
    Swann gets Smith who needlessly gave his wicket away. Windies are 109-2.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Where is Bumble - havent heard him commentating on this match?
  • Options
    201-4
    anyone intrested heres a linky for the cricket. (as requested earlier in the thread by wss)
  • Options
    201-5
  • Options
    They just mentioned on the radio that Alan Stanford has been accused of a billion dollar fraud...oh well thats buggered the Stanford 20/20
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: addick1965[/cite]They just mentioned on the radio that Alan Stanford has been accused of a billion dollar fraud...oh well thats buggered the Stanford 20/20

"Fraud on a massive scale" were the words used. It'll have serious ramifications for the West Indies as a whole, not just the ECB, he was a major employer in Antigua and a lot of people will lose their jobs there.
  • Options
    Swan on a hattrick.

251-7
  • Options
    The follow on looms
  • Options
    I'm not sure that Strauss would enforce the follow on - Flintoff is limping and Harmison is off the field with heat sickness (he's been puking up in the outfield!), plus it would mean England batting last if the Windies make a decent fist of batting second time around.
  • Options
    A new ball is due in a couple of overs though.
  • Options
    I cannot see the follow on bening enforced, this pitch could really deteriorate on the last day due to the lack of preparation so you may not want to bat last so we can get in gets some runs on the board and then off we go