Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Top five ....... movie one liners

edited February 2009 in Not Sports Related
My favourite movie one liners....

5 - "Hold on, I've just 'ad an idea" - The Italian Job
4 - "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn" - Gone with the wind
3 - “I love the smell of napalm in the morning. It smells like victory" - Apocolypse now
2 - “You can’t handle the truth” - A few good men
1 - "He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy" The life of Brian

Although this list would be different tomorrow.....

Comments

• Options
    5) I feel the need, the need for speed - Top Gun
    4) Drop the gun fat boy - Snatch
    3) Nice work sasquatch now you've frightened him away - Longest yard
    2) Suck me beautiful - American Pie
    1) You're a big man, but you're out of shape. For me this is a full time job now behave yourself and sit down - get carter
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Gentleman, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! - Dr. Strangelove

Show me the money! - Jerry Maguire

Take your stinkin paws off me, you damned dirty ape! - Planet of the Apes

And the indecipherable nonesense of Del Toro in the Usual Suspects line-up, haha.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]1) You're a big man, but you're out of shape. For me this is a full time job now behave yourself and sit down - get carter
    lol
  • Options
    "I don't slap so good around this time of the evening" - Bogart - The Maltese Falcon
    "Put. That Coffee. Down. Coffee is for closers" - Alec Baldwin - Glengarry Glen Ross
    "Fats man. Lemme tell ya my story man" - Anthony Michael Hall - Weird Science
    "All this machine does is swim, and eat, and make little sharks" - Richard Dreyfuss - Jaws
    "I wonder if you wonder" - Fred McMurray - Double Indemnity
  • Options
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it. - Ferris Beullar

Great, kid! Don't get cocky - Han solo, star wars

When I was growing up, if we wanted a Jacuzzi, we had to fart in the tub. - billy ray valentine, Trading Places

Striker: Surely you can't be serious?
    Rumack: I am serious. And don't call me Shirley - Airplane

"A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti." Hannibal Lecter
  • Options
    "Mr. Witt sir... be quiet now will you, there's a good gentleman, you'll upset the lads." - Colour Sergeant Bourne - Zulu
  • Options
    As far back as I can remember I always wanted to be a gangster - Goodfellas

I'm melting, I'm melting - Wizard of Oz

If you build it, he will come - Field of Dreams

We'll always have Paris (and another dozen great one liners) - Casablanca

That's not flying, that's falling with style - Toy Story
  • Options
    There are only two things in the world I can't stand. People who are intolerant of other peoples culture, and the Dutch - Goldmember
  • Options
    "Guns for show......knives for a pro" Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels
  • Options
    Ah-ah, I know what you're thinking, "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I've kind of lost track myself. But being this is a .44 Magnum — the most powerful handgun in the world — and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?

Dirty Harry - i know it's a long one liner but brilliant all the same
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    go ahead, make my day
  • Options
    I think we're going to need a bigger boat. Jaws
  • Options
    Yo! Adrian - Rocky
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    The funny thing is, on the outside, I was an honest man, straight as an arrow. I had to come to prison to be a crook. - Shawshank Redemption (probably one of the greatest films ever made)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: guinnessaddick[/cite]I think we're going to need a bigger boat. Jaws
    It's actually 'You're gonna need a bigger boat' (Roy Scheider to Robert Shaw) but I agree - one of the best movie lines ever
  • Options
    I wasn't planning on using it myself. - The Great Escape
    I Only Told You To Blow The Bloody Doors Off - Italian Job
    I know it's left-overs, but I want to know what it was before it was left-overs - Little girl correctly suspicious that her parents are cannibals in Parents
    That old magic's still there - As an aliens head is drop kicked through an open window in Bad Taste
    Hope your finger stinks - Emily Lloyd in Wish You Were Here

But surely the best of all: Here's Johnny
  • Options
    I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it. James Stewart in "Harvey"

What am I gonna say? "I killed the president of Paraguay with a fork. How've you been?" John Cusack in "Grosse Point Blank"

Anti-wrinkle cream there may be, but anti-fat-bastard cream there is none. Mark Addy in "The Full Monty"

From The Princess Bride
    Vizzini: HE DIDN'T FALL? INCONCEIVABLE.
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

and come to think of it
    Inigo Montoya: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
  • Options
    You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig. - the good,the bad and the ugly.

They're not gonna catch us. We're on a mission from God. - blues brothers.

There's no reason to become alarmed, and we hope you'll enjoy the rest of your flight. By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane? - airplane!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]'I'm melting!'[/quote]

That line was also slipped into Robocop?
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]If you build it, he will come - Field of Dreams

... Really? Come on. You have better taste than that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    "Another thing to remember boys; flies spread disease, so keep your's closed" - Band of Brothers

"we're two nil down to the f**king Mexicans. Look at me when Im f**cking talking to you! There are of thousands of kids back home that'll f**cking die to wear that shirt....if you dont want to be part of the team get a plane and f**cking go back home. Now go out there and F**king play!"
    "England went on to lose the game 4-0" - Mike Basset England Manager

"Mitch!Mitch!, I f**king got one!"
    "What do you want? A F**king sweety?! Keep shooting you c*nt!!" - 28 Days Later
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    "want some free advice?

How much is it gonna cost?" the hustler

"dont piss down my back and tell me its raining" just one my own (never been in a movie)

edit; bit pissed earlier and my boss had just done exactly that...
  • Options
    "Ok Kinkade...I've come fer ma boy"....old black and white cowboy movie...don't know the name of it though.

"That's another fine mess you've got me into"...many a Laurel and Hardy movie.

"Badges badges...we don't need no stinking badges."
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Darren[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]'I'm melting!'

That line was also slipped into Robocop?

And into Field of Dreams
    [cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]If you build it, he will come - Field of Dreams

... Really? Come on. You have better taste than that.

No, great film and father/son relationships. The Scene with Thomas Mann at the Baseball when he asks what do you want is another classic.

And based on a even better book "shoeless Joe Jackson comes to Iowa" by W P Kinsella.
  • Options
    OK, not in the film, but
    "Were the Sweeney, and we ain't had our dinner".
  • Options
    1: That aint tactics honey, it's just the beast in me" - Elvis - Jailhouse Rock
    2: I'll be back - Arnie - various Terminators
    3: He's not the Messiah - Life Of Brian
    4: I wanna buy a caravan for me mother - Brad Pitt - Snatch
    5: Get your hands off me you damn dirty ape -Charlton Heston Planet of the apes
  • Options
    “Roads? Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.” - Back to The Future

http://www.shortlist.com/jameson-s-movies/article/what-s-your-fave-film-quote
  • Options

If the milk turns out to be sour, I ain't the kinda pussy to drink it. - Rory Breaker Lock Stock
  • Options
    "You don't seem to understand. I haven't come here to save him from you, I've come to save you from him" - Colonel Trautman in Frist Blood

"That is a bloody lie" - Michael Caine to the linesman when goal is ruled out for offside in Escape to Victory

"Your boss is quite a card player, Mr. Kelly; how does he do it?"
    "He cheats." - The Sting
  • Options
    Where do I stand for a corner kick? Hatch - Escape to Victory