Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Swansea v Charlton - Poll, pre-match thoughts etc

1141516171820»

Comments

• Options
    That's probably what was said while evacuating Dunkirk.
  • Options
    Cause for celebration happened today.

We came back from a goal down.

When was the last time that happened - QPR at home .... ?
  • Options
    Well done Charlton a good draw considering Swansea's recent run of form...
  • Options
    CommentAuthorBDL CommentTime1 hour ago quote# 544
    This is a "crazy" league, anyone can beat anyone on their day.

It ain't over, all still to play for and there will be more twists and turns before May.

Keep the faith.

"Crazy" is one word, however I think the real word is "Shit". The reason every team can beat every other team is because they are all crap. That is the worst thing about being where we are at the moment, but is also the one thing that makes me still think we have a chance.
  • Options
    What do I win for predicting a draw?
  • Options
    Hope is what we have, not expectation. We need to catch up ten points. That is a real task but not impossible. I keep repeating this but on average, we need to gain four points out of a possible six, to get to fifty two points. That's a tall order but if we win on Tuesday we will have done this in the last four games. We need the insurance of some away wins but that will come. Momentum needs to build. Some, like us are moving forward, some are running on the spot and some are falling back.

I wouldn't put money on us staying up but I am much happier about the club than I was a few months ago. That bodes well for the furture whatever happens this season.

Can I remind people that in the season of the play off final in 97/8, the three teams relegated to the third tier were.....Man City, Stoke and Reading. I'd rather it didn't happen but maybe for the club to renew itself that has to happen.
  • Options
    We'll go down fighting.

We won't make up the difference. No one above us is in total freefall. The division is shit and as such our rivals will all pick up enough points to stay out of reach.
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I hope the players dont feel the same way Clem
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]We'll go down fighting.

We won't make up the difference. No one above us is in total freefall. The division is shit and as such our rivals will all pick up enough points to stay out of reach.

Plymouth and Southampton are playing poorly despite picking up wins this weekend. Similarly Bradford and Notts Forest are playing without much confidence.

We can't afford any clock-ups from here-on in.
  • Options
    Bradford? What effect will they have on us?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Bradford? What effect will they have on us?

He means Barnsley I imagine.
  • Options
    If we are going to catch any 3 teams it will be Blackpool, Norwich & Southampton...I worked it out on the predictor.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]Hope is what we have, not expectation. We need to catch up ten points. That is a real task but not impossible. I keep repeating this but on average, we need to gain four points out of a possible six, to get to fifty two points. That's a tall order but if we win on Tuesday we will have done this in the last four games. We need the insurance of some away wins but that will come. Momentum needs to build. Some, like us are moving forward, some are running on the spot and some are falling back.

I wouldn't put money on us staying up but I am much happier about the club than I was a few months ago. That bodes well for the furture whatever happens this season.

Very good points key of which is the difference between hope and expectation.

We are not dead yet, Donny and now Southampton have shown form can be turned around.

Too late?, yes quite possibly. All over, no, not just yet. Future looking better? Definitely.
  • Options
    Interesting one about the future looking better. In what aspect are you reading it ?

Whether we survive or not, the loss of the parachute this summer and the anticipated fall in the ST holders that will emerge, i'm pretty sure our squad will be unrecognisable to this season as we shift off virtually everyone that earns more than the minimum wage.

So the only 'future looking better' aspect i can tangibly see is that the supporters as a whole will have a bit more faith in the man in charge.
  • Options
    Let's not convince ourselves of worst case scenario just yet.

You never know what's round the corner - especially as the Board have said they are pro-actively seeking new investment.

1 year ago, we could never have imagined the Zabeel proposals - and it's now known, they were only a whisker away from actually happening.

So future looking better?
    Well, most are feeling a bit better about the way the club is now managed, and the improvement in team performance.

That's a good start.
  • Options
    Couldn't see it anywhere else.

I just wanted to know views of people who went on a saturday regarding our five yellow cards.

The CAFCTV guy seemed to think at least threee of them were 50/50 balls and soft cards to give.