Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Its official - JonJo signs

Comments

• Options
    As DA9 says - it is great news, but would anyone be particularly surprised if he has still left by this time next season, particularly if we don't stay up?

I hope he's here for another two and half years (and more), but at least we would now get a decent fee.
  • Options
    Charlton9005splash.jpg

great news.. still going down tho he he... up the addicks..
  • Options
    That is fairly tacky to say the least. ^
  • Options
    Does he have his own office and is that Suzi's new mug?!
  • Options
    I think thats why they have done it, Jonjo's family want to say thank you to Charlton and by him siging means we get a decent'ish fee as and when he leaves. Credit to them and the club! Would love to see him play more though! Dicko and Jonjo up front tomorrow!
  • Options
    Well it doesnt seem he will be spending his money on a car anytime soon.

He failed his theory test this morning!
  • Options
    What DA9 and ALF say is quite true.

He may still be off sooner or later but at least we'll get to see him for a bit longer and we will get a better fee

But that rather proves my point. Rather than being delighted at a good turn of events that could well have gone another way (and many predicted that it would) we see it as just a postponement of a negative event.

A bit like going to the doctor for a check up and when your partner asks how it went saying
    "She said I was fit and healthy but I'm still going to die sometime"
  • Options
    Remeber Lee Bowyer being dropped of by his dad outside the ground before a match day when he was Jonjos age, classic.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]charlton33850news3.jpg?rand=-16183

That looks suspicially photoshopped.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Does he have his own office and is that Suzi's new mug?!

Suzi's office is much bigger and plusher than that!

Looks like Chris Parkes' desk ie tidy.

Can't be the press office as you can actually see the desk!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: L Block JT[/cite]That looks suspicially photoshopped.

from the OS mate so un likely, they cant keep the site up and running let alone understand photoshop!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Ok, maybe it's just me but has this news got a very muted response?

Now if he had been sold I would bet a large amount of £££ that this thread would be up in the hundreds already and that there would be more venom that a snakes snogging party.

Plenty of people were worrying that he would leave, predicting he would leave, maybe even looking forward to him about to leave but as it is good news hardly a ripple on the calm waters of the Charlton Life pond.

Strange lot Charlton fans.

It's great news and I didn't think it would come to pass, so I'm pleased to be wrong. I guess the devil's in the detail for me
    though. There's bound to be release clauses etc. in there around conditions like relegation, so it depends on what the trigger values are. But, I'm speculating a bit, here and I don't like it much when people just make shit up and present it as fact, so I don't want to fall into the same trap myself. It's good news because as a minimum it means we'll not be in the hands of the tribunal if he does go, so nice work the club.
  • Options
    Can we not slag off the Official Site. I think thats a bit of fun and will impress Jonjo.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: L Block JT[/cite]That looks suspicially photoshopped.

from the OS mate so un likely, they cant keep the site up and running let alone understand photoshop!!

Yeah i know it's not, but his head just doesn't seem to go with the body!
  • Options
    TBH Henry, if we were still a prem club or pushing for promotion this season, we would have a reasonable chance of hanging onto him longer, or him signing for longer at least, yes, it now means a fee if he does go, but I would wager a months supply of quiff wax he wont be here next season if we are relegated, but still great news we have his signature.

Scenario, if we are relegated and your are a buying club, what would you offer for him? or what is the minimum Charlton should hold out for? (bearing in mind if we do go down he is only 3 months into his contract)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Can we not slag off the Official Site. I think thats a bit of fun and will impress Jonjo.

We wouldn't dare slag off the OS .... and risk upsetting Henry.
    He's bigger than all of us....!

;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]I think thats a bit of fun and will impress Jonjo.

Really? do you think thats what clinched it? ;-)
  • Options
    That's great news....one of the days we'll look back on in years to come and say, 'that was a turning point'.

Relegation or not, Jonjo will be a star and could be the man to drag us back to where we belong.

No go and beat Swansea on Saturday!

Come on you Addicks!!!!!!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Everyone was praying he signs and making a big deal of it.
    When he does everyone slags off the os for doing exactly that no win for them.

If he does go at least he was decent enough to sign in the first place.
    Good luck to him and what we are, we are we will see at the end of the season plenty to fight for yet its not over
  • Options
    Will we play him now?
  • Options
    Fantastic news. Well done everyone at the club involved for obviously making Jonjo feel that it's the best place for him at this stage of his career, and congratulations to Jonjo on the contract. May it be start of a long and happy relationship!
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Can we not slag off the Official Site. I think thats a bit of fun and will impress Jonjo.

We wouldn't dare slag off the OS .... and risk upsetting Henry.
    He's bigger than all of us....!

;o)

That's what your mrs said as well ; - 0
  • Options
    A great lift for everyone. Well done Charlton, happy birthday JonJo.
  • Options
    blimey he gets his own banner on charlton life!!

all this and he aint logged on since December 2007!

log on today jonjo
  • Options
    Great news!
    Let's hope we get him to top it up, at some point as well, as that would mean the club was really moving in the right direction...
    Listening to Parkinson talk on that podcast thingy, he said, the biggest set back for the club was when the Zabeel takeover fell through, he mentioned how it hit the club hard, hurt everyone at the club, I agree, I think the impact from that affair has mainly been overlooked, but anyway until a similar type concrete offer comes our way, we have to forget the, what ifs, because with our current status they are kind of obvious anyway.
    So yeah, this is current good news, and is well worth celebrating..
  • Options
    We've all missed the big story.

We still get to win Shelvey's shirt on the Charlton Life at the end of the season.

You can keep Andy Gray's.
  • Options
    Arrange these words into a well-known phrase or sentance

mouth, gift-horse, a, look, dont ,the, in

Come on peeps, this is great news.

1. we have a chance to see Jonjo stay, and develop towards fulfulling his potential.
    2. we have avoided the Bostock, Samuel, Judas scenario.

This is one of those win/win scenarios beloved of management.
  • Options
    Lets hope it gives everyone a lift and we can bag 3 points on saturday!