Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Its official - JonJo signs

124»

Comments

• Options
    That's great news.... Is he Murray's secret lovechild?
  • Options
    Just had a cracking chat with Unc and to say the least he is a proud uncle as you would be.

For those that didnt know uncle like Jon Jo is a Hammers fan and i dont think it would take a genius to work out that one of the prem clubs that showed an intrest may have been west ham and that should tell all of the doubters that Jon Jo has done this because of the sense of commitment the club has shown him,

to quote Unc (sorry al but it neds to be told)

"Jon comes from a big family and the family is close, he has felt part of a new family and that family is bigger than the shelveys it is the Charlton family, he wants to show to his families just how much he apreciates their support and the experience that the both of them have helped him learn in his tender years.

There comes a time when you have to just applaud the boy because if he does go now Charlton will make money and he will have had the opportunity to say thankyou to all the people who have spoken words of encouragement.

The people of Charlton are his friends and he wants to grow with them
    "

summed up puka by uncle if you ask me.

lets hope the club repay him with a present of their own tomorrow and give him a start cos i tell you i will be lumping of jon jo to score tomorrow
  • Options
    In a season of gloom this is just the news we all wanted. Really says a lot about the kid that he is prepared to stay when no doubt many in the same position would have jumped ship.

Even if we get just a tiny part of his professional career, if it goes that way he all hope it does, it will be worth it to have seen him play for us.
  • Options
    Lovely comments from everyone thank you. I know Jonjo and he's mum and dad will be very proud reading them!!!! Would just like to add .... Jonjo fancy not passing your theory ha ha you might be able to kick a ball but god your theory lol. If you need a chaffeur let me know ... Happy birthday mate well done so proud of you and good luck tomorrow i'll see you there hopefully
  • Options
    NLA just one point no family is bigger than the Shelveys lo you will come to realise this ... But seriously thanks for the great message
  • Options
    Absolutely cracking news. Can't wait to see him playing regularly. I hope he goes on to become a cult legend at the Valley.
  • Options
    Yes, as everyone else said , great news for the club and the fans. Well done Jonjo I hope you soon get the start you deserve. I'm sure you will have a great career and we all look forward to sharing it. Better luck next time with the theory test mate.
  • Options
    This puts Jonjo up there with Dazza Bent in my estimation....very classy move signing for us. He has shown tremendous loyalty which in this day and age is a quality lacking in most modern day footballers. Good luck Jonjo to you and your family they must all be very proud as we all are.....
  • Options
    Blinding......

sorted....

nice one..
  • Options
    yessssssssssssssss

nice one!

just what we need...

nice one
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    One of the best pieces of news I've had this season. Well done Jonjo and happy birthday.
  • Options
    What a wonderful antidote to gloom and greed. Just what we needed, and I'm chuffed that Jonjo feels at home with us. Long may it continue and my every good wish to Jonjo for future success.
  • Options
    Already made my comments re Jonjo above, but after NLA's post re Uncle's comments above, I would like to add a huge well done to all those people at the club who have helped this decision be made...

I assume Gritt, Murray & Parky all had some part to play as well as many many others. After various worrying stories that have come from The Valley this season this one goes some way to telling me that the atmosphere within the club is still strong and positive.

As for the theory test, am I glad I am old enough I never had to do one of those!