Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Wednesday trying to sign David Norris and Michael Antonio, 250k and 700k figures being quoted.

Huseklepp to Brann is a long way off as previous Club Bari are still owed money.

• Reading about Varney to Leeds it seems they also bid for Nicky Maynard but it was turned down.
  • Valley11 said:

JT said:

Three Championship London clubs have expressed an interest in Chris Hussey (Coventry Telegraph)

He's a left back

As we have Wiggins and Evina I'd say that's Millwall, Palace and Watford.
    Injury prone and unpopular with Coventry supporters, according to my neighbour whose a depressed Coventry supporter

• Watched Hussey in a pre-season friendly last week against Ross County and he was the best player on the park. He impressed me big time.

He's Championship standard, easily.
  • Tim Cahill (didn't we nearly sign him) going to NY Red Bulls for £1m.
  • Wow, Gray was very close to joining Bradford with Parkison but somehow ends up at Leeds.
  • edited July 2012
    Are we skint?
    Starting to think we might be.Can't even afford a decent rumour!

Oh for the days of Anthony Gardner and Darren Purse ;-)
  • Watched Hussey in a pre-season friendly last week against Ross County and he was the best player on the park. He impressed me big time.

He's Championship standard, easily.

good to hear, Cov are certainly desperate for a few bob
  • Leeds after Maynard, Would prefer him to Baldock. Leeds about to be taken over and seem to be giving it a right go.
  • Leeds after Maynard, Would prefer him to Baldock. Leeds about to be taken over and seem to be giving it a right go.

Gray and Varney giving it a right go? Have they signed many more players, I was under the impression they were waiting for the takeover before making any real decent signing
  • Sponsored links:

• J BLOCK said:

Leeds after Maynard, Would prefer him to Baldock. Leeds about to be taken over and seem to be giving it a right go.

Gray and Varney giving it a right go? Have they signed many more players, I was under the impression they were waiting for the takeover before making any real decent signing
    Paddy Kenny is a pretty decent signing but other than that, they haven't signed anyone great
  • ok, maybe giving it a right go was a bit ott but he is revamping the squad and bringing in some decent players. Think they will be up there this season.
  • edited July 2012

Wednesday trying to sign David Norris and Michael Antonio, 250k and 700k figures being quoted.

Huseklepp to Brann is a long way off as previous Club Bari are still owed money.

The player has agreed his personal contract with SK Brann (according to papers over here..), but as you say, its complicated. Portsmouth owe money to Bari, which again owe money to Brann..
  • #cafc team: Phillips, Cousins, Ajayi, Osborne, Fox, Poyet, Ashton, Jordan, Hayes, Clarke, Azeez.

Do you think that 'Ashton' is the one from Chelsea?
  • Must be, there aren't any other ashtons to my memory.
  • would imagine so. What team is that though?
  • edited July 2012

#cafc team: Phillips, Cousins, Ajayi, Osborne, Fox, Poyet, Ashton, Jordan, Hayes, Clarke, Azeez.

Do you think that 'Ashton' is the one from Chelsea?

reckon so - unless we've resigned nathan ashton... or perhaps dean ashton is making a comeback.

how odd - means something posted in here has actually come true!

Sparrows Lane friendly, Charlton XI vs Team of Iberian trialists, apparently

there is a charlton XI playing at sparrows lane today against some trialists

• ah right really? Cheers for the info
  • Sponsored links:

• Hayes and Clarke days are numbered then !!
  • Hayes and Clarke days are numbered then !!

I think that's a given Large!

What's even funnier is that they are playing up front together and cant stand each other!
  • Clarke seems a hard person to get on with.
  • heavenSE7 said:

Lee Barnard, Ryan Dickson and Jonathan Forte have been left out of Southamptons pre-season tour.

Would take Barnard. Ex Spurs youth, done well for Southend before being picked up by Saints. Used to living down South. Would be a good signing IMO. Scored 23 in 38 games in League one for Saints, didn't play much last season.

Was Forte the one that scored that hat-trick against us last season when we lost 4-2 V N.County? If he was I'd take him, he looked pacey and could poach and finish very well.
  • I wouldn't take him based on one game, 2 of his 3 goals were gifted to him by Taylor and Hamer
  • wouldn't want forte don't rate him
  • lastest from football-madeupcrap

24 Jul 2012 12:45:15
    charlton athletic to make an enquire about USA striker Freddy Adu.

24 Jul 2012 10:11:18
    Charlton boss Chris Powell is hoping to hi-jack Burnley's move for Sam Vokes. Burnley are waiting on Steven Fletcher's transfer to Sunderland, as they will be using the sell-on fee they'll receive to fund the deal. However Charlton are willing to pay the £500k now to secure the services of Vokes and Wolves might find that more appealing then waiting on Fletcher's transfer, which is still not a definite.

Freddy Adu! lol

like the second one though, well done to whoever made that up.
  • edited July 2012
    I understand this is a rumours thread but as some quotes have been made about the game today I thought I would share some information...

I was at the game at Sparrows Lane today as my mate is an official and was lino. The opposition wasn't trialists as far as I know, if they were, only one would get a second look, their central midfielder, number 10, was excellent.

The match finished 4-0 with Fox scoring a great goal in the first two minutes, overlapping Azeez and chipping the keeper from an angle. Azeez got the second after a complete goal keeping howler.
    Hayes played behind the two strikers in a diamond midfield, he was also captain in the first half. Clarke was absolutely useless, I can't remember him even getting a touch. It's fraud to claim to be a professional footballer. The sooner he is gone the better.

2-0 HT

Pigott and a few others including Harriott came on at half time. Harriott was the brightess spark with a few very skillful runs. Osbourne and Pigott got the third and fourth in the last 5 minutes. Other worthy mentions go to Semi Ajayi, who looked extremely comfortable at centre back, Jordan Cousins played well and was captain second half, Diego Poyet kept the ball moving well in the first period before coming off at half time.

Another mention should go to Stephens, Pope and Bover who all stayed to watch the game on the sidelines when they could have gone home.
  • Good report, Sage.

Did you not recognise any of the opposition?
  • one of the oppo got sent off for kicking Morgan Fox, interesting behaviour from a trialist
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!