Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Were you there too, Mike?

Any idea who any of the players on the other team were?
  • it's on the o/s mate.http://www.cafc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10267~2859397,00.html. mentions a couple of them.
  • Thanks for that, Mike .....I didn't realise it would be put up so soon.
  • Gonzalo Colsa - the former Spain U21 and Atlético Madrid midfielder who was still playing in La Liga last season for Racing Santander
  • And a goalkeeper, who no doubt wasn't!
  • Thank you Oggy, I just saw on the official site the number 10 who was excellent as I said in the edited post, was Gonzalo Colsa which Ruben Bover said he played in La Liga last season.

The player who got sent off was ridiculous, kicking out at Fox and claiming to do nothing wrong when the referee saw it. Things got a little heated afterwards and some play acting went on when Fox made a challenge. All in all, good work out, nice day and comfortable win. But the sooner Clarke goes the better, no offence to any body.
  • Sage , he must have been bad to provoke such strong comments.
  • do we think Gonzalo Colsa will be signing then , sage ?
  • No offence to him, but I really don't understand how he is a professional footballer. He was poor, lazy and didn't win a 50-50 battle once. He looked like a person wanting to go home in the garden and sunbathe. Maybe I am being a little harsh as I have never rated Clarke, but he was awful.
  • edited July 2012
    Sage said:

No offence to him, but I really don't understand how he is a professional footballer. He was poor, lazy and didn't win a 50-50 battle once. He looked like a person wanting to go home in the garden and sunbathe. Maybe I am being a little harsh as I have never rated Clarke, but he was awful.

I guess Sage you live in hope that people will turn over a new leaf and shock you , sounds like he felt insulted about being involved at that level / couldn't be bothered about being there , if thats the case the sooner he's out the door the better , but who is going to take him?

The guy must have talent to have got this far in his career , just sad to see someone waste it , by thinking its beneath them.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2012
    It sounds like Colsa could be the playmaking/flair midfielder we need.

Also said on the OS about Olivier Lusamba was he any good Sage if you knew who he was that is. Or anyone else that caught your eye?

Also thanks for the round up Sage
  • Clarke clearly isn't in CP's plans and therefore isn't trying. He'll be gone before the close of the window.
  • Gonzalo Colsa is 33... plenty of La Liga experience and played for every Spanish youth international age group but would be a 1 season punt at best... the new Mikel?
  • edited July 2012
    He must have thought it was beneath him to be playing with the new first year professionals and U18s as if that was Clarke being interested and trying, I worry for the club that takes him on.

Both of the opposition's centre midfielders were their best players. We now know number 10 was Gonzalo Colsa who played well, I imagine Olivier Lusamba was the other central midfield player if the OS is saying he played well. However, if we were to look at any of them again, it would be Gonzalo Colsa.

Also, thank you for the positive feedback guys!
  • edited July 2012
    Yep thanks Sage for the report , i am still gutted that Clarke didn't step up to the plate though , how many chances does he need!
  • You're welcome and thank you for the replies. I am disappointed too as it would have been nice to see a good performance, but it just wasn't there. I think it's time to say farewell to Clarke.
  • Thanks for the report @Sage

Not surprised about Clarke, was pretty clear he was going when he was loaned out to Crawley.
  • I saw him at his first game. he looked a donkey as soon as he came on. Crawley should be just about right for him. Wonder why he managed so well at Chesterfield?
  • You're all welcome.

The sooner he goes, the better as we don't want any bad eggs around. - however, we should concentrate on the positives which for me, as I have never seen Ajayi play before, looks someone who in a year or two can hopefully push for the first team. I know watching someone once isn't enough, but he looks a good CB.
  • Pardew just sent me this. Odd music choice but there you go....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRZlwkmruaQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player
  • Sponsored links:

That's Lusamba, was he the other midfielder? According to AS Nancy Lorraine he is a striker, and was part of a development squad there
  • Unless he has grown his hair a lot since that picture, he isn't the other midfielder I don't think.. They only had 2 shots all game that I can remember.
  • According to the OS, Lusamba played for the Charlton XI. He came on as a replacement for Hayes in the second half.
  • Lusamba came on for us, along with other trialists Saraivia and Florence. Ashton who started the game was also a trialist.

CAFC XI: Phillips, Fox, Osborne, Ajayi, Cousins, Jordan, Poyet (Florence, 46), Ashton (Saraiva, 46), Hayes (Lusamba, 46), Clarke (Harriott, 46), Azeez (Pigott, 46).
  • Gillis said:

According to the OS, Lusamba played for the Charlton XI. He came on as a replacement for Hayes in the second half.

There appears to be a couple more trialists, Florence and Saraiva who played for us in the second half as well....

• That's who Lusamba is! - None of them particularly caught my eye, but I remember Lusamba having a low shot with his left foot, forced the keeper into making a good save. Nothing comes to mind other than that. The two centre midfielders who came on were solid enough but not better than Poyet.
  • There are 3 Saraiva's on Wikipedia, a defender playing in Turkey, a midfielder playing in Malta and a striker playing in China, all Brazilians, so I doubt it's any of them!
  • Lusamba came on for us, along with other trialists Saraivia and Florence. Ashton who started the game was also a trialist.
    So we fielded four trialists against a team made up entirely of trialists? Our scouts must have been working overtime.
  • "Harry Osborne and Leon Clarke both missed close-range opportunities in the first-half" Why am I not surprised?
  • Saravia is the lad we took on trial from Mertsham isn't he?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!