Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Interesting about PH Essex_Al - I just wish you were also friends with Mr Baldock so you could settle that rumour one way or the other!

I always wonder why more players don't head abroad to play they must get plenty of opportunities - i guess it all revolves around money but I would love to be in a position where I could go and experience living and working overseas.

• I really wouldn't mind Hayes staying as backup to Big Yann.

He really doesn't want to go but is being pushed out the door!

• I'm so bored SCP could sign anyone at the moment and I'd be happy.

Not me, we haven't got any money to throw around at all, events seem to prove that, don't want to mortgage the future of the club because we feel we need to sign somebody.
    When do we get the TV money? End of August or something? Whats the betting we're limping through 'till then to keep the whole shebang on the road?

• Essex_Al said:

I really wouldn't mind Hayes staying as backup to Big Yann.

He really doesn't want to go but is being pushed out the door!

I'm not surprised he don't want to go. The amount of wedge he is on
  • Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial

Yann Kermorgant has signed a new contract with the club, keeping him with the Addicks until at least 2014 http://ow.ly/cuGad
  • Seems to be good news but didn't he have a contract to 2013 with an option for another year already? So we've taken up the one year option?
  • I'm so bored SCP could sign anyone at the moment and I'd be happy.

Including a two year extension for Clarke?
    Right idea. Wrong player.
  • @SkySportsPeteO: Sky Sports understands Charlton have rejected a bid from Cheltenham for Leon Clarke. #CAFC #CTFC

Noooooo
  • bizarre
  • Perhaps bidders want us to subsidise his wages?
  • Sponsored links:

• i see hull confirmed aluko signing today cracking signing
  • f

@SkySportsPeteO: Sky Sports understands Charlton have rejected a bid from Cheltenham for Leon Clarke. #CAFC #CTFC

Noooooo

Really don't get this unless they are trying to take him for nothing and we want a fee. Thats the only thing i can think of, otherwise why not take him to Spain.
  • WSS said:

smiffyboy said:

What's happened to baldock all gone quiet

We can't afford him?
    Stop pissing on our bonfire GS. We're a better option than spending the season in West Ham reserves and with a gd manager like SCP on board can compete with the likes of Ipswich & Palace etc who have been linked with him. I know what manager I'd rather work for and that's not just because I'm an addick. Plus stadium and training facilities wise we're as good as the vast majority of the championship if not better. Let's hope we can compete on wages.
  • I have no doubt that we can compete on everything as you say KC ;-) but ultimately it will come down to wages. If there is little wriggle room from SB then I don't think CP will compromise the team ethic/potential other signings but putting all of the proverbial eggs into one Baldock shaped basket.
  • Hands up who now believes we won't sign anyone else until Clarke & Hayes wages are off the bill?.

Personally think we are have maxed out our wages budget and that moving those two out will see some movement in.
  • Wagstaff to Palace http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=234481

(From a Palace forum)
  • redcarter said:

Wagstaff to Palace http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=234481

(From a Palace forum)

'My mate who works for Charlton' Of course he does pal. Can't see it happening would be a loss but not the end of the world tbh

• I wouldn't think they would need to buy any academy players from their local rivals seen as they already have the best academy in the world.
  • Waggy has more class than that.
  • They can f%#k right off
  • Sponsored links:

• Everyone seems to have mate that works at Charlton!!!
  • Looks like Ipswich are trying to Hijack the George Friend transfer to Boro
  • Everyone seems to have mate that works at Charlton!!!

I haven't.......does that make me an outcast!! Oh no I cant take it...... I'm an outcast............help!!! LOL
  • Don't see the point in selling Waggy. I'm a big fan and think he's the sort of player we need to see grow with this team.
    If we got £1m, to fund the Baldock signing, then maybe - but we won't get anywhere near that so no point in selling IMHO.

• Agree V11 i'm a fan of waggy
  • Waggy is the sort of player who would leave and go on to be amazing for his new club.
  • could see him doing a lloyd sam to be honest, look good at first then go down a league. Hopefully he isn't a starter come Brum.
  • Mike said:

could see him doing a lloyd sam to be honest, look good at first then go down a league. Hopefully he isn't a starter come Brum.

You don't rate him then?
  • He's not consistent enough for the champ for me. Wouldn't particularly mind him as a bench warmer though.
  • Not a rumour but it doesn't seem to matter, this is the season Waggy grows into the player we know he can be.

By the way it'll be for us and not Palace.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!