Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• And if playing football is his motivation he'll move for a pay cut...
  • think the swap for Wordsworth sounds good. Maybe we could offer less money and subsidised Hayes' wages instead.
  • Ahh. I heard he was on 6k. Maybe he started on 4.5 and it's gone up due to promotion. Even if it's 4.5 k. I guess the likes of brentford would only be willing to pay 2k a week if that.

Essex Al knows him and if he says it's 4.5k a week, then I reckon it's 4.5k a week
  • I would imagine someone would pay him £3K p/w. Therefore the "top" part would be £1.5K p/w or £75Kpa - depends how much we want the wages off our books as that is prob what he is worth so we give him a free, he gets a sign on fee and job done
  • I can fully understand him not moving if the money is not enough. This isn't the life changing money of the premiership and he is rightly putting his familys future first before his career. He is at the age where he has to worry about what happens after he retires and an extra 100 grand in the bank will help.
  • Barnard and Forte told their not in first team plans at Southampton and told they can leave.

Would be good if we could go for either of them.
  • I was watching the video for last season and Hayes played really well until he was replaced by Kermorgant. By "played well" I mean he scored a few goals and linked up well with BWP, Green/Waggy and Jackson. He is not an in your face player like Kermorgant and I can understand why Kermorgant takes precedence, but I do not understand why Hayes is frozen out. With 7 subs and the possibility of Kermorgant getting injured we need a another player who can lead the line and Hayes should be given the opportunity to prove he can and wants to whilst we are playing friendlies.
  • I can fully understand him not moving if the money is not enough. This isn't the life changing money of the premiership and he is rightly putting his familys future first before his career. He is at the age where he has to worry about what happens after he retires and an extra 100 grand in the bank will help.

Agree

And agree with LL. I'd have kermorgant over Hayes all day long but do feel for Hayes. He linked up brilliantly with bwp at the start of the season. His confidence has probably taken a big knock after being frozen out, but If Kerm does get injured hayesy would be the 1st I'd want to replace him.
  • WSS said:

And if playing football is his motivation he'll move for a pay cut...

Absolutely correct WSS and I think he is resigned to taking a pay cut, but it is the amount that he has to forgo to get himself a move. Remember he has a young family and I'm sure none of us would like to take a substantial pay cut to move jobs.

• I'd survive on £2k a week I think. ;-)

I totally get you though, I like Paul and I think he's been very unlucky to be honest.
  • Sponsored links:

• Crazy to think that Paul Hayes is on £234,000 a year.

Even more crazy to think that Rooney is on that a week!
  • How the hell does anyone really know what we can or can't afford? Surely only the board really know this. People who seem to think they know more than they really do,and end up talking total bollox. Can't we all just wait and see what happens the old fashioned way and wait for the official news!!!
  • If we are going to "subsidise" his wages, then we might as well keep him around. He is a decent back-up for Kerm, and with the 7 sub rule coming into effect this season, it makes sense. He must be one of the top earners at the club though?
  • I was watching the video for last season and Hayes played really well until he was replaced by Kermorgant. By "played well" I mean he scored a few goals and linked up well with BWP, Green/Waggy and Jackson. He is not an in your face player like Kermorgant and I can understand why Kermorgant takes precedence, but I do not understand why Hayes is frozen out. With 7 subs and the possibility of Kermorgant getting injured we need a another player who can lead the line and Hayes should be given the opportunity to prove he can and wants to whilst we are playing friendlies.

agree with this, in his position I'd be sitting it out despite how much I wanted to play football - yes he's on a good wage but realistically only for another couple of years
  • Can we have a rumour please ?

And no, I don't have one myself...
  • I thought Hayes played an important part in our success last season - I hope that he can force his way back into contention.
  • Imagine Antonio and Kerkar on the wings. Skills galore
  • DeeBee said:

Imagine Antonio and Kerkar on the wings. Skills galore

But how much would they track back? ;-)
  • Think Hayes is a good player, not as good as Kerms but he's decent back up imo
  • I'd love Antonio at cafc, he's a very good player.
  • Sponsored links:

• Baldock to Bristol City looks to have gathered momentum this morning according to a West Ham ST holder at work
  • Well its being reported on skysports that the move is closing in, so your friend might have got his info from there
  • Good signing for Bristol City if true, bound to score against us as well.
  • Not a rumour, but I think powell should look at Chris Wood on loan for WBA. Decent scoring record in the champ!

• Not sure if already mentioned but Lee Barnard and Jonathon Forte have been released by Southampton. Forte would be a very good signing I reckon. Barnard would be rusty, but could work out!
  • SHoare93 said:

Not sure if already mentioned but Lee Barnard and Jonathon Forte have been released by Southampton. Forte would be a very good signing I reckon. Barnard would be rusty, but could work out!

yer there's a seperate thread about them.

• SHoare93 said:

Not sure if already mentioned but Lee Barnard and Jonathon Forte have been released by Southampton. Forte would be a very good signing I reckon. Barnard would be rusty, but could work out!

don't think they've been released, only put up for sale. Might be wrong - that's just how I read it.
  • Wouldn't go out my way to sign them, not really proven at this level and would only be squad players, league 1 is fortes level for sure
  • this has gotta be the dullest cafc summer on record.
  • this has gotta be the dullest cafc summer on record.

True it's dull but the year we signed fleet wood was the worst.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!