Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• we have no money but no debt we have 3 potential buyers who are currently in talks with the current board all will be good in the next couple of weeks
  • cafcdan18 said:

Antonio is a fine signing for Wednesday, have no idea what's going on behind the scenes but really think we need to improve the team before August 18 and time is running out.

Has Antonio actually signed? The only thing I can find on the web is a thread on owlstalkshite

• no need to worry,we have a strong team,and a good team does not turn bad because there has not been any signings,wendies need to sign players just to be on a par with what they had last year because most of there team was loans who have left,theres no need to be worried at all,were easily good enough for the championship as we are.
    Like your thinking, cambi22.
  • Mike said:

cafcdan18 said:

Antonio is a fine signing for Wednesday, have no idea what's going on behind the scenes but really think we need to improve the team before August 18 and time is running out.

Agree with you there looking like we will be as we are now for brum very worried!
    That prospect doesn't worry me at all. As long as we are 'as we are' and none of last years key performers are sold, I think we'll finish comfortably in mid-table. I doubt you'll see us blowing many teams away 3 or 4 nil but I doubt many teams will do that to us either. As has been said many times, the current team is a very tight unit and built its title winning form on solidity, organisation and hardwork. If they maintain those values, and don't try to go toe to toe with the better sides in the division, we'll be tough to beat and will pick up more than enough points to stay ahead of the kind of basket case teams that always seem to be there in every season (i.e. the kind of team we were in 08/09).
  • I remember when we still felt a bit Bertie Big Bollocks a few years back in the Championship (2008) and beat newly promoted Swansea 2-0 first game of the season. They finished eighth we finished bottom.
    I think we have a bit of that Swansea side about us now if we don't throw it all away. Don't read too much into the birmingham result win lose or draw.
  • @seth plum

Couldn't agree more. I thought I was alone in not actually wanting a massive influx of new players. I'd much rather we made minor adjustments and went with the group, the spirit and the solidity that served us so well last season. Let's not demolish what we've already built.
  • Heard a whisper that Patrick Bamford on a season long loan is a distinct possibility. 18 year old striker from Chelsea.
  • Ain't broke don't fix it.
  • we have no money but no debt we have 3 potential buyers who are currently in talks with the current board all will be good in the next couple of weeks

I knew it!

You're the fella that pumps football rumours with info.
    And I'll wake up tomorrow , find Peter Varney in the shower and realise it was all a bad dream ?
  • Sponsored links:

And I'll wake up tomorrow , find Peter Varney in the shower and realise it was all a bad dream ?

What's Peter varney doing in your shower? Does Mr Fanackapan know?

Do you want any hp sauce with that?
  • Michail Antonio has had a medical tonight for Wednesday the signing will probably go through tomorrow , there is also talk Fuller and Hammill could be joining along with some foreign players - remains to be seen.
  • Michail Antonio has had a medical tonight for Wednesday the signing will probably go through tomorrow , there is also talk Fuller and Hammill could be joining along with some foreign players - remains to be seen.

Which is nice.
  • razil said:

we have no money but no debt we have 3 potential buyers who are currently in talks with the current board all will be good in the next couple of weeks

Do you want any hp sauce with that?
    only what i've heard from a source that works on the cafc accounts DONT SHOOT THE MESSENGER
  • Wages are performace driven. Players very rarely get just a flat wage. There is a basic and then add-ons for being e.g. On the bench, starting a game, team position on the table etc. when youbtalk aboutbsomeone being on xxxx pounds I'm not sure how it can bevworked out.
  • Knew you reminded me of someone Fanny, just couldn't remember the name before...Pamela Ewing!!! ;-)
  • Would be great if one of the interested parties was fronted by Peter Varney wouldn't it.....
  • Dave Kitson has now terminated his deal with Pompey & is a free agent. I know he has been mentioned further up the thread. Maybe not the young, hungry type of signing we've seen in the last year, but certainly a wealth of experience in the Championship and still capable of a good year or two.
  • TelMc32 said:

Dave Kitson has now terminated his deal with Pompey & is a free agent. I know he has been mentioned further up the thread. Maybe not the young, hungry type of signing we've seen in the last year, but certainly a wealth of experience in the Championship and still capable of a good year or two.

I reckon there'll be a host of clubs who will be prepared to offer Kitty Kat more in wages and SOF than us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Swisdom said:

Would be great if one of the interested parties was fronted by Peter Varney wouldn't it.....

Interesting.
  • Think its unlikely PV would be fronting them. more likely TJ will have find them through his contacts. remember he apparently originally brockered the zabeel deal.
  • Valley11 said:

I'm not criticising him. I'd just like to know if he was fed the Friend/Antonio lines.

Antonio was one of our targets.
  • The professional and ethical Cawley saying we are monitoring Antonio situation as Weds not met Reading asking price as of today, Saturday.

Cawley also saying "Brentford, Swindon and Gillingham all interested in #cafc striker Paul Hayes. Sounds likely he could be moving on very soon."
  • edited August 2012
    PH needs to move on to get his regular football which he deserves. He's too good to be a bench warmer. Would like to see him at Swindon. Think PDC could rejuvenate Pauls career. I Wish him well.
  • Can't see Hayes at Gills but he would be the star of that team
  • Knew you reminded me of someone Fanny, just couldn't remember the name before...Pamela Ewing!!! ;-)
    Rumbled !!!!
  • Or it could just be this Southend sun going to my head!!! ;-)
  • "Leicester are lining up a £1.6 million deal for Charlton striker Bradley Wright-Phillips who scored 22 goals last season for the Addicks."

Interesting, just released Beckford, so maybe some legs behind this. Doubt it however, surely you can get better for £1.6mil!
  • Mike will be devastated : - )
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!