Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Antonio and Baldock would have made us very strong though

So would Messi and Ronaldo but doesn't mean we need them.
  • SHoare93 said:

"Leicester are lining up a £1.6 million deal for Charlton striker Bradley Wright-Phillips who scored 22 goals last season for the Addicks."

Interesting, just released Beckford, so maybe some legs behind this. Doubt it however, surely you can get better for £1.6mil!

I like BWP but I'd take £1.6 million in a heartbeat.
    Kermo, Haynes, Cook and Smith will do for me. The money could be invested elsewhere.
  • No way we'll get 1.6m for BWP surely?

I think he gets a hard time on here and I think he could score 25+ goals for us this season, and like I have said before a right back is easier to replace than a goalscorer
  • Would be crazy to sell are top scorer for that sort of money, never really understood why so many are indifferent about him.
  • id hang onto him. he does need to be a bit more clinical at this level though. he looked sharp at the start of the season but wasted a few chances at the year went on. he could of bagged well over 22.

but, goalscorers are like rocking horse shit and i dont think we could replace for that sort of money.
  • Would be crazy to sell are top scorer for that sort of money, never really understood why so many are indifferent about him.

Fully agreed.
  • EastStand said:

SHoare93 said:

"Leicester are lining up a £1.6 million deal for Charlton striker Bradley Wright-Phillips who scored 22 goals last season for the Addicks."

Interesting, just released Beckford, so maybe some legs behind this. Doubt it however, surely you can get better for £1.6mil!

I like BWP but I'd take £1.6 million in a heartbeat.
    Kermo, Haynes, Cook and Smith will do for me. The money could be invested elsewhere.
    Really? Cook's more of a winger or midfielder isn't he? And Smith's experience is a few games in League Two and the BSP.

I'd rather see us bring in another striker as competition than let BWP go.
  • edited August 2012

Would be crazy to sell are top scorer for that sort of money, never really understood why so many are indifferent about him.

Fully agreed.
    I agree wholeheartedly that he should stay....he can be a bit lazy from time to time (well he's a striker so nothing new there). Couple with this an irritating characteritic by way of a 'hang dog'/poor body language expression about him when things aren't going his way, this maybe doesn't endear him to everyone sometimes.
    As I've said before, he needs to brush up on his one on ones with the keeper.....missed quite a few last season because of this.
    Having said that he knows where the net is and has earned his right to have a go at a higher level...and I've never doubted for one moment that SCP was going to give him every chance to do just that.

• I do not agree that we have enough firepower upfront. I think we need 5 and only have Kermy, Haynes, Cook and BWP. No way is Smith ready. I watched the Sporting friendly and went Welling where he looked good, but he needs a season out on loan, maybe League 2 for the first half and League 1 for the second or something. Has potential but people who think a couple of good performances in pre-season mean he is ready to step up are getting too carried away. Bover was highly impressive last summer but then not used. Smith is in the same situation this season.
  • Against Fulham BWP was pretty good. If he is very fit, and playing with the right attitude he can p*ss off oppo defenders, and get you a goal.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2012
    Wednesday had Antonio, Sam Baldock and Kazenga Lua Lua in the stands today, Antonio is a done deal just waiting for the formality from the fa, the other two could be interesting as neither have been linked before.
  • edited August 2012
    DP.

• Wednesday had Antonio, Sam Baldock and Kazenga Lua Lua in the stands today, Antonio is a done deal just waiting for the formality from the fa, the other two could be interesting as neither have been linked before.

Be gutted to loose baldock to you, he is someone I see as 10+ goals a season, if you sign him well done
  • I just want a signing :-( Something to get me excited
  • Contrary to Bexley Dans encouraging posts from his source that hint at a couple of marquee signings I think it's fairly obvious that any money that's come in since the "kerfufle" has only bridged our funding gap and there is nothing or little available to SCP to get in anything better than we already have. I'm not saying this won't change but it might not. Perhaps we will need to get in a couple of very decent loans or face the unpalatable and sell Solly to fund an overall strengthening and that's if that money isn't needed to pay the pie man. I am not ITK so it's just my opinion.
  • I d not care who we sign, although a new face would be a boost, as long as hey are CP's choice and he believes they will improve us
  • edited August 2012
  • Sponsored links:

• Wednesday had Antonio, Sam Baldock and Kazenga Lua Lua in the stands today, Antonio is a done deal just waiting for the formality from the fa, the other two could be interesting as neither have been linked before.

Wednesday sound like they're looking for the quickest route to administration. Don't forget who started Portsmouth on the slippery slope.
  • Baldock wasn't in the stands...
  • edited August 2012
    Might as well close this thread and re open in Jan, not being a defeatist just the board clearly have no ambition.

Bored of the speculation.
  • Close the thread because YOU are bored?

How about you just don't open the thread?
  • Gazcafc81 said:

Might as well close this thread and re open in Jan, not being a defeatist just the board clearly have no ambition.

Think this is wrong. Don't mistake lack of ambition for lack of money.

• Close the thread because YOU are bored?

Gazcafc81 said:

Whatever, get used to losing. Gonna see a lot of it this season ;)
  • Gazcafc81 said:

Close the thread because YOU are bored?

Gazcafc81 said:

Whatever, get used to losing. Gonna see a lot of it this season ;)
    the olympics is cheering us all up, we lost yday but beat sporting - poor dress rehearals = amazing performance. Thanks for the optimism, with respect, cba with comments like this, bore off
  • *rehearsals
  • edited August 2012

Gazcafc81 said:

Just because we aren't paying new players 15/- a week it doesn't mean we have no cash to spend. Powell probably doesnt want to upset the good team morale we have by paying one player at least twice as much asthe top paid player currently at the club.
  • If he wants us to avoid a relegation battle he's going to have to, we've moved up a division for crying out loud and the only potential change to the starting 11 is a bloke who played for Carlisle last season
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!