Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Hi I'm a bit of a lurker on this site, get most of my Charlton fix off these boards(live 100 miles away so don't have anything to contribute to the rumours). But to be honest I think this discussion needs to be renamed and seperate rumours discussion opened for proper rumours not Sheffield wed rubbish and petty squabbles
    Thanks
  • I would take big Chris on a free as back up to Yann. A very good option to have on the bench and dont think he would be on massive wages.
  • I always liked big Chris. Firstly for that last minute winner at St Mary's and (almost) equally for that miss for the Jocks.
  • On Chris we remember that he put in much effort but his record with Watford last season was not good, so the risk here is that he becomes a Jason Euell type transfer, good around the club but slightly wasted being in the squad not allowing another better player the oppotunity
  • Iwelumo was an utter donkey, now several years past it. No thanks.

this.

He maybe past it, but he was not an utter donkey.

• Yea very harsh. Remember seeing him at Bristol City. He absoluetly ran himself into the ground, then thumped home a cracking header from a Andy Reid cross.
    That said, maybe a bit old now and he reminds me of bad times, which isn't his fault.

• Such a donkey that he got promoted to the Premiership with Wolves.

Decent player who gave 100% for the team all the time. Remember him scoring at WBA when he was injured.
  • Sponsored links:

• Not good enough now. Don't need squad members need players who will make the team better.
  • Would rather keep Paul Hayes as back up Yann than sign Big Chris
  • Iwelumo 10 goals in 46 is a poor strike rate and used to give away about 10 free-kicks every match. Poor at linking the play and can't remember too many assists either.
  • i think one of Pardews biggest mistakes was dropping big Chris to make way for Gray.
  • Iwelumo 10 goals in 46 is a poor strike rate and used to give away about 10 free-kicks every match. Poor at linking the play and can't remember too many assists either.

10 goals from 32 starts and top scorer seems pretty good from an "utter donkey" playing in not so great side.

And the year after this "utter donkey" scored 14 in 31 league games.

So just maybe your description was utter bollocks

• edited August 2012
    Agree. Would rather hayes as back up to yann than Iwelumo
  • Iwelumo is still pretty decent, offers an option up top especially in a 433.

Can't see Michael Smith playing much this year despite a half decent pre-season, maybe his time is next year.

Supposedly Matt Derbyshire has been offered to other championship teams on loan from Forest. Maybe we could be one of those teams? Definitely know Palace have been offered him.
  • Agree. Would rather hayes as back up to yann than Iwelumo

Almost certain now that PH will not be anyone's back up at Charlton!
  • Would rather Iwelumo than Hayes all day long
  • Essex_Al said:

Brentford i'm presume, then fella.

• Sponsored links:

• Essex_Al said:

Who is winning the battle? Brentford?

Can't see Michael Smith playing much this year despite a half decent pre-season, maybe his time is next year.

Supposedly Matt Derbyshire has been offered to other championship teams on loan from Forest. Maybe we could be one of those teams? Definitely know Palace have been offered him.

I remember when Matt Derbyshire started playing for Blackburn in the Premier League. He found the net several times and looked a really decent young striker who would develop into a good Premier League player. Then after a couple of seasons Rovers farmed him out to some Turkish side, who got rid of him to Forest who are now asking whether anyone wants to take him off their hands. I get very suspicious when players, especially young promising ones, suddenly take a dramatic nosedive like this.

I remember when Matt Derbyshire started playing for Blackburn in the Premier League. He found the net several times and looked a really decent young striker who would develop into a good Premier League player. Then after a couple of seasons Rovers farmed him out to some Turkish side, who got rid of him to Forest who are now asking whether anyone wants to take him off their hands. I get very suspicious when players, especially young promising ones, suddenly take a dramatic nosedive like this.
    Nope, he went to olympiakos in Greece where the fans loved him and he played european football. No nosedive that's for sure. He made a career choice and got some experience of a new culture too. He's no worse of for it that's for sure.
  • Fair enough Danny - my memory ain't as great as it was! Still would expect him to be looking at a higher level than being touted around to the likes of Palace though.
  • I would have a punt on Derbyshire, imagine wages are out of the question though.
  • Wycombe reject bids from Millwall and Preston for Stuart Beavon
  • Steve Keen confirms Blackburn have bid for Jordan Rhodes, while Stoke look close to agreeing a deal for Wolves Michael Kightly
  • Huddersfield are gonna get beat to the signing of James Vaughan by Blackburn apparently.

If Rhodes goes they might struggle for goals
  • I heard it's Birmingham that want Vaughan
  • Essex_Al said:

Who is winning the battle? Brentford?
    They are the front runners.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!