Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Can I just confirm that i'm happy.

Damn, I had you down as one of the other six.

• Can I just confirm that i'm happy.

That answers the question over which one of the seven dwarves you are.

• LOL to all the comments.
  • LOL to all the comments.

1-0
  • Lots of rumours on FR about Baldock:

06 Aug 2012 13:59:47
    Bristol City will sign Bradley Wright-Phillips from Charlton in a deal worth 1.75m. Charlton are set to sign City target Sam Baldock after he failed to agree terms.

06 Aug 2012 13:14:32
    Sam Baldock has agreed to sign for Charlton after turning down a move to Bristol City.

06 Aug 2012 13:18:18
    Sam Baldock the Long term target of Bristol City has been having a Medical with Charlton Athletic this morning as they have an 11th hour bid excepted for the prolific striker.

06 Aug 2012 10:25:48
    Sam Baldock has agreed a medical
    at Charlton the former West Ham
    player will be announced as a
    Charlton player by tuesday.

05 Aug 2012 16:42:36
    Bradley wright Phillips off to Leicester for 1.5 million
    Which will Give charlton the funds to buy Sam baldock

Probably shite though as usual.
  • 3 links to Baldock on FR within 45 mins = Ackworth
  • Huddersfield to sign Gerrard from Cardiff. Fear we are geting left behind.
  • Would be nice to get some more signings but i still maintain we got many of are Championship transfers last summer.
  • Didn't Slater say that the signings last season were not just for league one but for the championship as well.
  • Yes but obviously we still need more
  • Sponsored links:

• I agree 2 or 3 more if we want to aim for comfortable top 10 but i am very happy with mid table somewhere 11-18 which i think can be done with the current squad & current excellent management team, presuming we can not afford to bring in more players.
  • Yes but obviously we still need more
    Not obvious is it after how well we did last year.
  • i'll repeat what I heard last season. The squad assembled was built with an eye on being competitive on the Championship but, if we get to January and are looking like we might be playoff contenders, more money would be made available for a push.

Whether or not we still have this money is a different story now but that's what I heard and also makes sense given our relative inactivity

• I might have this wrong but didnt Steve Kavanagh get involved in all transfer talks?could this also explain a lack in transfer activity?
  • You can go back to the last programme of the 2010/11 season - in his chairmens column Micheal Slater said that over the summer (2011) SCPO would be given money to create a squad good enough to get out of League i and taht should hold its own in the Championship.

The first part of that has been done & I believe that the second bit will as well - and if we are struggling at xmas , then funds will be made available to strengthen to keep us up.

I do not beleive that we will be spending anymore money until January - any players coming in will be loaness only.
  • We will have to wait for the top clubs to sort out their 25 s before we find out if any of our loan targets are available.
    Then there will be some signings.
  • Benik Afobe who has been mentioned on here a few times, scored a hattrick for Bolton at Tranmere tonight.
  • There's a rumour that we don't have any rumours because we are never going to sign anyone again
  • Runour has it that still wouldn't stop the rumours
  • Sponsored links:

• There's a rumour that we don't have any rumours because we are never going to sign anyone again

Hmm... Source
  • 07 Aug 2012 20:18:18
    Charlton are set to sign former Welling United youngster Matias Grez. The former centre-half, 19, is from

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

07 Aug 2012 17:15:35
    Forest looking at Charlton winger Scott Wagstaff

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Been for talks today

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• I'm sure Acworth is behind all of these.
  • Then they must be true hahahhahahahahahahahahaha
  • The sentences contain punctuation marks and no spelling mistakes. No way Acworth is posting them.
  • Give the guy some credit, he's wrote a book so he's clearly learnt how to use spellcheck
  • sam3110 said:

Give the guy some credit, he's wrote a book so he's clearly learnt how to use spellcheck

written ;)
  • You can go back to the last programme of the 2010/11 season - in his chairmens column Micheal Slater said that over the summer (2011) SCPO would be given money to create a squad good enough to get out of League i and taht should hold its own in the Championship.

The first part of that has been done & I believe that the second bit will as well - and if we are struggling at xmas , then funds will be made available to strengthen to keep us up.

I do not beleive that we will be spending anymore money until January - any players coming in will be loaness only.

That plan changed, CP said he wanted bodies in and that he wanted them in before Spain.
  • can't see how people think were left behind. the first 11 + a good few others are on par with 75% of the league. this was always the plan to have a core of a side and then add here and there. worked for norwich and southampton.
  • can't see how people think were left behind. the first 11 + a good few others are on par with 75% of the league. this was always the plan to have a core of a side and then add here and there. worked for norwich and southampton.

Core maybe. Are you happy that we have three centre backs ? Morrison gets crocked and we have Cort and Taylor. We all hope that our core can step up to the next level but few of them have any Championship experience. Some will some won't.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!