Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• can't see how people think were left behind. the first 11 + a good few others are on par with 75% of the league. this was always the plan to have a core of a side and then add here and there. worked for norwich and southampton.

Core maybe. Are you happy that we have three centre backs ? Morrison gets crocked and we have Cort and Taylor. We all hope that our core can step up to the next level but few of them have any Championship experience. Some will some won't.

No centre backs is better than Docherty as back up surely.
  • whatever was said /done in the past regarding last summer's acquisition of a squad to compete in the Championship is one thing but it ought now to be obvious to whoever owns us that the following issues need to be addressed whether by loans or permanent transfers :
    1 we cannot go through an entire campaign with 3 centre halves who have played in the main league one football
    2 we need better back up /competition for Hamer and Yann neither Clarke or Hayes apparently being considered the answer and Smith seemingly not ready to immediately step up to cover the vacancy left by Euell .
    3 there were times last season when the midfield was overrun through the centre and then we had players available who are not available now to do something about that :Russell and Hughes
    4 BWP had a poor second half to the season and cannot be solely relied upon to score goals throughout the whole season

to ignore these issues for whatever reason -cash flow ,lack of funds , lack of ambition -does not bode well at all . additionally not every single signing made last summer has since demonstrated success and even the ones that have will not necessarily do so in the championship.it all depends on what the owners actually want to achieve this season .if promotion then we can forget it .if consolidation then perhaps with the current squad .if to ensure as far as possible relegation being avoided then it would be foolhardy not to address the above .i certainly seem to remember last year having read on a number of occassions MC/CP saying what financial strain would be created were we to miss out on promotion .so to fail to address matters which failure gives rise to an increased risk of relegation would also give rise to all of that perceived strain which clearly the owners did not then want and presumably wouldn't want next year . of that i think we can be absolutely sure .

• Ian Abrahams‏@Moose_talkSPORT

2 in 2 out soon at Upton Park watch this space
  • edited August 2012
    Baldock to Palace on loan for season.
  • I saw where you hear that?.
  • Baldock to Palace on loan for season.

Ermmmm....don't even go there!!!!
  • so who are they then 'Moose' you f*****g idiot?
  • He really is a tit
  • Where is this Liverpool loanee which was talked about so much?!?
  • so who are they then 'Moose' you f*****g idiot?

Ian Abrahams‏@Moose_talkSPORT

correct Saha & Kanote in little Sam and the utterly hopeless Piquionne out
  • Sponsored links:

• Little Sam?
  • Saha in the palarse version or the one from spuds

Would explain baldock to stripey scum
  • JT said:

Little Sam?

baldock
  • so wheres he goin?

god that man is a complete helm. seriously, who calls themselves 'the moose'?
  • baldock is on ridiculous wages

Saha in the palarse version or the one from spuds

Would explain baldock to stripey scum

palace one is zaha mate saha is spurs
  • Huddersfield to sign Gerrard from Cardiff. Fear we are geting left behind.

Heard we might be in for him too.

• Too late Bunny Hudders have him
  • edited August 2012
    DeeBee said:

Too late Bunny Hudders have him

My rumours are always a few days behind - perhaps there is something in Danny Shittu training with the club again...beyond fitness?
  • Spot Kick ‏@SpotKickRumours
    Charlton targeting Brentford midfielder Sam Saunders and could make a bid a £275,000 bid. #CAFC #BFC

• TravHouse said:

Spot Kick ‏@SpotKickRumours
    Charlton targeting Brentford midfielder Sam Saunders and could make a bid a £275,000 bid. #CAFC #BFC

No chance
  • Sponsored links:

• Press day
  • TravHouse said:

No chance
    I know nothing about him. Is he that good that we dont stand a chance of signing him?
  • TravHouse said:

TravHouse said:

No chance
    I know nothing about him. Is he that good that we dont stand a chance of signing him?
    No need to get him if we have Danny Green.
  • edited August 2012

TravHouse said:

TravHouse said:

No chance
    No need to get him if we have Danny Green.
    Rumours on the reliable twitter that Waggy is off to Forest

Waggy Out Saunders In?
  • Waggy out no-one in, Haynes and Wilson can both play right wing as can Pritchard if we really need him to
  • Cant see Waggy going to Forest! No experience at Championship level.
  • If he does, maybe we will get in Danny Mayor off Preston.
  • Neither does Solly..
  • edited August 2012
    Brother played with Saunders at longlane along with Liam ridgewell. I know his younger sister too.

Similar to green. Good on set pieces.
  • no way will sam be coming charlton. pretty much the same player as Green and no better either.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!