Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Rich Cawley saying on twitter that we are in negotiations with Dervite.

Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP
    @MarcusHoare1 Dervite negotiations still going on (as of yesterday). Not hearing anything else was close.

• edited August 2012
    A back 4 of Wiggins, Connolly, Morrison and Solly would definitely be playoff calibre imo. Just need a few midfielders.
  • My brother (Forest Supporter) seems to think we are interested in Jamaal Lascelles on loan. 18 year old Centre Back very promising!
  • edited August 2012

My brother (Forest Supporter) seems to think we are interested in Jamaal Lascelles on loan. 18 year old Centre Back very promising!

On loan at Stevenage last season, and has been linked with Arsenal and Tottenham

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamaal_Lascelles

• shirty5 said:

My brother (Forest Supporter) seems to think we are interested in Jamaal Lascelles on loan. 18 year old Centre Back very promising!

On loan at Stevenage last season, and has been linked with Arsenal and Tottenham

Just signed a new 4-year contract so can't see him going anywhere permanently
  • shirty5 said:

Just signed a new 4-year contract so can't see him going anywhere permanently
    Looks a very good talent,saw him a lot at Stevenage towards the end of last season. I'm not a fan of loans but if needs must then would be a good addition imo.
  • Lawrence signing for Cardiff
  • DeeBee said:

Lawrence signing for Cardiff

Along with Bellamy

• Hayes was in training today and as far as I know he is expected to travel tomorrow.
  • Linked with N'Guesson once again on the back of the SLP.
  • Sponsored links:

• DeeBee said:

Lawrence signing for Cardiff

What, Lennie's going back there?
  • shirty5 said:

Linked with N'Guesson once again on the back of the SLP.

If we sign him and Dervite that'll be 5 signings that add to the squad rather than improve our starting 11.

Doubt that's what Powell was hoping to do this summer.
  • Scoham said:

shirty5 said:

If we sign him and Dervite that'll be 5 signings that add to the squad rather than improve our starting 11.

Speaks volumes actually. Odd IMHO. Squad was fine but we needed three or four first teamers. Again IMHO the squad is starting to look cumbersome if some of the rumours are true.

• Scoham said:

shirty5 said:

Speaks volumes actually. Odd IMHO. Squad was fine but we needed three or four first teamers. Again IMHO the squad is starting to look cumbersome if some of the rumours are true.

Agreed.....lets just hope we don't get too many injuries or suspensions or i think we could be in trouble. I just feel all of the hard work of last season is being thrown away when 2 or 3 good signings could have seen us move on. Time will tell & if we're skint what can we do?
    If we're not skint than the board are letting CP down.
  • Scoham said:

shirty5 said:

Agreed.....lets just hope we don't get too many injuries or suspensions or i think we could be in trouble. I just feel all of the hard work of last season is being thrown away when 2 or 3 good signings could have seen us move on. Time will tell & if we're skint what can we do?
    If we're not skint than the board are letting CP down.
    We're skint.

• Scoham said:

shirty5 said:

100% agree with this.

We have the quantity but not the quality.
  • I haven't seen Dervite so will reserve judgement.But the squad is lacking a bit of quality in the centre of midfield.I would like to see a Premier loan,if we can't spend any money.
  • If I'm honest I think the squad is looking too large and unwieldy. There are still lots of players that are nowhere near being selected because they are not of the standard. A lot of dead wood could have been chopped but instead I think we might well have added to it. I would have been perfectly happy with seven or eight leaving and three Championship players coming in.
  • dickplumb said:

I haven't seen Dervite so will reserve judgement.But the squad is lacking a bit of quality in the centre of midfield.I would like to see a Premier loan,if we can't spend any money.

Maybe Sean Davis would do on a 1 year if we are struggling to get somone in. Free agent.
  • dickplumb said:

I haven't seen Dervite so will reserve judgement.But the squad is lacking a bit of quality in the centre of midfield.I would like to see a Premier loan,if we can't spend any money.

Neither have I, but based on what a few have said on here, and his career so far, I think it's reasonable to expect he'll be here to fight for a place rather than improve on what we have. If he signs of course.

I trust Powell especially when it comes to defenders, but like I said I doubt these are the type of signings Powell was hoping for earlier this summer. I'm sure he'd have wanted 2-4 players that would expect to be regulars.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dervite was not overly impressive against Crawley, but he may have more to offer. N'Guessan would disappoint me, he scored some good goals but looked likely to fall over the ball than control it most of the time.
  • Scoham said:

shirty5 said:

Speaks volumes actually. Odd IMHO. Squad was fine but we needed three or four first teamers. Again IMHO the squad is starting to look cumbersome if some of the rumours are true .
    Ha, don't worry about rumours starting to be true!

• The problem is, it's not just a problem with us funding the purchase of new players; it sounds like the wages budget is also maxed out. So unless we can shift some players out we won't be able to afford the wages of any loan players either.
  • Hayes on the bench today
  • If money's tight Hayes will do for me as a backup striker.

Still struggling to understand spending 400k on Wilson as it doesn't look like Solly is going anywhere.
  • |Sounds to me like we're gonna do alright this season.

If we get a couple of loanees in in a week or so all well and good, but I'm done worrying. Rumour has it we're gonna be in the playoffs come May.
  • Robbie Rogers transfer listed at Leeds. Worth a punt?
  • Robbie Rogers transfer listed at Leeds. Worth a punt?
    Didn't he have a horse called Trigger ?
  • DeeBee said:

Robbie Rogers transfer listed at Leeds. Worth a punt?

Excuse my ignorance but never heard of him....who is he ?

• DeeBee said:

Robbie Rogers transfer listed at Leeds. Worth a punt?

Excuse my ignorance but never heard of him....who is he ?

American international. Was rated very highly before moving to Yorkshire where he has played about 8 games
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!