Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• DeeBee said:

what I don't see is where Clarke would go next?

Only downwards
  • DeeBee said:

what I don't see is where Clarke would go next?

Millwall Lionesses need a striker.

• WSS said:

Cory Gibbs

Every American is Cory Gibbs.

Had Fulham seen hide or hair of Clint Dempsey this unfortunate stereotype might have been eroded but, alas, Deuce is as precious a sight at Craven Cottage as a prawn sandwich.

Robbie Rogers is one of two Americans from the neighboring university (Maryland) currently in the U.K. looking for work -- the other is Rangers' Mo Edu. Rogers has generally failed to impress as an International, although I am a fan. Edu, who has impressed, seems likely to land somewhere in the Championship.
  • Im happy for Hayes to stay, offerss us an alternate play style to Yann.

Sorry I just don't get this "alternate play style to Yann" Yes we may have resorted to a long ball game because Yann is so brilliant in the air & this can only be because CP has decided to play this way. Hayes certainly played his part early on but Yann is so superior in every department. His first touch, his lay offs, his awareness & quick thinking & movement & the goals he scores are a different level to PH. I could not understand why we constantly relied on the long ball when we had a player of superb footballing skill in Yann. Having said that we didn't do too badly playing it did we ;-) but it just amazes me that people think with Hayes in the team we play this amazing passing game that we are unable to with Yann ?

• Gills top player earns 2/3k so I doubt they'd break the mould to sign Hayes
  • If Jarvis moves the Gillingham would be cash rich
  • Thought Hayes was on £4.5K, so if Gills pay up to £3K then it is a £1.5K difference, ie £75K total. Depends if we need Hayes wages off the book or need to recoup some fee because if we offer to release him and Gills pay that as a signing on fee then it would be job done I guess.
  • Rodwell signs for City, hope that doesnt turn him into another Scott Parker
  • shine166 said:

Rodwell signs for City, hope that doesnt turn him into another Scott Parker

Big difference, Parker was the heartbeat of our team and was ripped from us by Chelsea halfway through our best season and our fans were gutted. Whereas Rodwell can't stay fit and only managed around 14 league games last season, Everton fans are quite pleased they got 15m for him.
  • Sponsored links:

• shine166 said:

A future England captain?

• shine166 said:

Big difference, Parker was the heartbeat of our team and was ripped from us by Chelsea halfway through our best season and our fans were gutted. Whereas Rodwell can't stay fit and only managed around 14 league games last season, Everton fans are quite pleased they got 15m for him.
    Im not really fussed about how it changes Everton. My point was he will probably now spend 4 seasons sat on the bench, when he should be getting games and developing
  • Thought Hayes was on £4.5K, so if Gills pay up to £3K then it is a £1.5K difference, ie £75K total. Depends if we need Hayes wages off the book or need to recoup some fee because if we offer to release him and Gills pay that as a signing on fee then it would be job done I guess.

problem is Gills ain't got a pot to wee in unless Wolves sell Jarvis, imagine their top earner is nearer 2k than 3k plus we need to recoup a fee.

• Is Hayes earning more than most in our squad then?
  • shine166 said:

shine166 said:

Im not really fussed about how it changes Everton. My point was he will probably now spend 4 seasons sat on the bench, when he should be getting games and developing
    He will still play for England though.
  • have Prem clubs announced their 25's yet?
  • have Prem clubs announced their 25's yet?

Think they have until the end of the transfer window to fully submit it? Might be wrong.
  • Is Hayes earning more than most in our squad then?

He was one of the top earners but don't think he is now.
  • I think it would be best all round in a football sense if Hayes leaves but can understand why he wouldn't sadly
  • Are we really going to start the season with Hayes and Clarke on the books ? Can't see either one featuring unless dire emergency if they remain. Squad is too big now and we needed to shed more than these two.

I'd rather they stayed until we got the right replacements in, then transfer them. With only BWP and maybe Smith and Haynes we are looking light on goal scoring forwards otherwise.
  • Sponsored links:

• we will be okay with BWP, Kermy, Haynes and Baldock.
  • A

we will be okay with BWP, Kermy, Haynes and Baldock.

Any more news on baldock large or same situation of him holding on until we have the funds?

You need to let go of the Baldock rumour coz it ain't gonna happen.

Does anybody seriously believe that a footballer would actually wait for a club to somehow raise some money so that they could afford to sign him ? A club with no cash ? Who's going to go there & risk not being paid ?

Does anybody seriously believe that a footballer would actually wait for a club to somehow raise some money so that they could afford to sign him ? A club with no cash ? Who's going to go there & risk not being paid ?
    a) yes, if he wants to stay in London and wants to join us b) is it a fact we have NO cash?, maybe not enough cash just yet
    c)have any of our players not been paid to date?

• Jeez- are you really going to have this conversation again?

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/kent_messenger/sport/2012/august/10/tom_mills.aspx

Charlton Athletic have taken Maidstone's player of the year, Tom Mills on trial with then, he is a 19 year old left back that can play centre back too
  • cafc_joe said:

Jeez- are you really going to have this conversation again?

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/kent_messenger/sport/2012/august/10/tom_mills.aspx

Charlton Athletic have taken Maidstone's player of the year, Tom Mills on trial with then, he is a 19 year old left back that can play centre back too

jeez, are we really going to have to read about Tom Mills AGAIN !!

• Sorry mate, I must have missed that rumour, with the hundreds of "updates" on the Sam Baldock situation.
  • Charlton reject Danny Shittu has signed a one year deal with the Spanners
  • edited August 2012
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!