Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• sammy391 said:

Not sure , but got a little hunch that Powell has changed his mind on Hayes - just think its weird to have him on the subs bench two games in a row if he has no future

there as an option. Clarke injured and rumoured Haynes is too.

• there as an option. Clarke injured and rumoured Haynes is too.

Understand that , but why not give the chance to a youth player , I didn't expect Hayes to come on so bit pointless in having him

• We already had Smith starting, no point in having another youth on the bench.
  • edited August 2012
    sammy391 said:

Not sure , but got a little hunch that Powell has changed his mind on Hayes - just think its weird to have him on the subs bench two games in a row if he has no future

Can't say I saw it like that, for me it was more what happens if smith got injured after 5 mins. Without Hayes on the bench bwp would had to have played 85+ mins and then start (probably) on sat. But who knows!
  • Despite signing Kekar ,I'd still love Quinn .
  • edited August 2012
    Quinn would be perfect. But I still don't see how we can afford him.
  • We can't, but neither can sheffield united
  • Van Persie gone to Utd subject to medical.
  • Haha...we keep our wages to 70% of turnover, although if we need more our owner subsidises it....then you don't keep your wages to 70% do you. Man City could otherwise say exactly the same thing!

I think you've got confused.

The chairman will fund a move if needed - ie a short deal for a central defender as all ours our injured.

Or, he will allow the manager to sign a player like Keogh on decent wages, funded, until the summer when Jackett will need to balance the books again, ie move on the likes of Craig, Barron etc who would be on first team wages.

Look it up if you're that bothered - we never go over 70% of turnover on wages by the end of season accounts.

• Sponsored links:

• Bunny said:

Richard J said:

Shittu has signed for the Spanners so SHG was right despite what my Millwall mate told me that he would not be welcome at the Den.

Interesting article in the SLP where it essentially says that Berylson is subsidising the deal from his own resources .We are not the only club who have these budget issues.

We keep our wage budget to below 70% of our turn over.

However, we weren't expecting to need centre back cover - so I guess Berylson decided to dip into his considerably deep pockets to cover it.

We did the same to bring in Andy Keogh in January - then the squad was trimmed in the summer.

He doesn't want to be a sugar daddy - even though he can afford it, but feels we should be run properly. But will help Jackett out when need be.
    Happy he's got lots of money cause he's just wasted a lump of it.

Danny Shittu is a very solid defender at Championship level. I don't see a one year contract as waste - besides, he's got a few hundred million laying around.

• Re: Quinn, I saw this on the F365 gossip roundup:
    Charlton have joined Championship rivals Blackpool in the £1.5million race to sign Sheffield United midfielder Stephen Quinn
    If that's the fee involved I think we can safely say he won't be joining
  • Quinn would be a good signing, we need another CM
  • Thanks PP.
    For me Quinn was one of the best players I saw at The Valley last season, so lets hope this rummor is true.
  • We'll have to get our invisible money out to sign Quinn...
  • Sam Hutchinson signed for Nottm' Forest. ME WANTY SEABOURNE
  • Don't make me laugh, We're more likely to sign Micky Quinn
  • How about Niall
  • DeeBee said:

Sam Hutchinson signed for Nottm' Forest. ME WANTY SEABOURNE

CHARLTON manager Chris Powell has dismissed a report linking him with Southampton defender Dan Seaborne.

A media organisation claimed this week the Addicks were battling it out with south London rivals Millwall to sign the 25-year-old on loan.

However, the suggestion left Powell bemused when asked about it today.

He said: “No, I can’t say anything about that.

“It’s the first time I’ve heard of the Dan Seaborne rumour.

“I know of him, I know he played for Exeter a few years back before Southampton.”
  • We are in discussions (Contract talks) with Dervite.

Story:

CHARLTON are edging closer to signing defender Dorian Dervite.

The 24-year-old former Spurs youngster has been on trial at The Valley and looks to have done enough to win a permanent move to the Addicks after impressing manager Chris Powell.

He said: “Dorian Dervite is back with us, so we’re hopeful of getting something done.

“Nothing has been completed yet but we’re in discussions.”

Link: http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/9878402.Former_Spurs_defender_close_to_Charlton_deal/?
  • Sponsored links:

• @CAFCofficial

CP, on Dorian Dervite: "He's back with us. We're hopeful of getting something done, but nothing has happened yet." #pressday (IL) #cafc
    Expand

CP, on Paul Hayes: "There was a possibility Paul was going to move on, but that fell through." #pressday (IL) #cafc

CP, on the possibility of new players: "I hope so. I'm really hopeful something will happen before the end of August." #pressday (IL) #cafc
  • edited August 2012
    That last one sounds particularly uninspiring... how anyone can think our inactivity isn't at least a slight cause for concern is beyond me.
  • Not concerned at all.
  • Not concerned at all.
    Agreed
  • Concerned as I would have liked us to sign some players to really improve the first 11, but I trust CP etc. We will only sign players when the deal is right for the club and we can afford them
  • That last one sounds particularly uninspiring... how anyone can think our inactivity isn't at least a slight cause for concern is beyond me.
    This
  • "when we can afford them"...ie when we cave in and accept a derisory offer from WHU for Solly on 31 Aug...

How I do hope those days are behind us!!
  • That last one sounds particularly uninspiring... how anyone can think our inactivity isn't at least a slight cause for concern is beyond me.
    This
  • I'm not concerned - our first team just managed to beat Fulham and Sporting Lisbon.

Who cares if they were pre season friendlies - it shows we have a good team spirit and togetherness.

I expect a couple of loan deals to occur once the Premier league squads are sorted but would like to think we have got enough about us to remain competitive and ready to consolidate in the Championship

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!