Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Options
    Reo-Coker off to Forest according to some 'reliable' source on BBC
  • Options
    apparently hes having a medical now at Forest.
  • Options
    If Stephens goes, I just think we need more than just Hammond to keep up with the others in this league.

It is interesting to see just how many more 'high profile' signings you get in the Champ compared to league 1. There is so much more money being splashed around than the last time we were at that level.
  • Options
    Hammond is a safe bet but with him in and Stephens out it takes all creativity out of our midfield. Lots of side-ways passing. Maybe Dale didn't produce often enough, but moments like that bury assist were always in the locker, and it'd be a big blow to lose that.
  • Options
    high profile signings doesn't equal success though. High profile signings come with larger transfer fees, higher wages, more expectation and hence probable disappointment. Doubt players like Wiggins, Hollands and Kermy are well-known around the champ as being excellent players, but we think they are. I am happy with that.
  • Options

Hammond is a safe bet but with him in and Stephens out it takes all creativity out of our midfield. Lots of side-ways passing. Maybe Dale didn't produce often enough, but moments like that bury assist were always in the locker, and it'd be a big blow to lose that.

But with a more secure centre, it may mean more chance of seeing Cook or similar wide

• Options
    I agree with two things if Hammond replaces Stephens. One that it means we will probably a see more advanced Hollands, who performed at his best last season IMO when playing with a DM. Secondly, I think we should play a more attacking winger. Whether this is Kerkar, Cook or a new signing I am not sure. But balance wise I think it makes sense to have an attacking winger now.
  • Options

Dean Hammons Signed Acorrding To Wiki And Dale Stephens Left http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dean_Hammond#Football_career

no it doesn't. Someone just edited that anyway. Someone from here probably.
    You see, this is why we can't have nice things
  • Options
    rikofold said:

Dean Hammons Signed Acorrding To Wiki And Dale Stephens Left http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dean_Hammond#Football_career

no it doesn't. Someone just edited that anyway. Someone from here probably.
    You see, this is why we can't have nice things
    what?
  • Options
    The team are forest bound minus 1
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Whats the latest on Solly?
  • Options

who?

• Options
    stephens
  • Options
    Correctamundo gaz
  • Options
    Solly will stay

Villa are now my 2nd favorite team just on that point alone
  • Options

Solly will stay

What has Solly staying got to do with Villa?
  • Options
    Maicon to city
    Joao Moutinho to spurs,who would incidently be their biggest expenditure since Darren Bent.
  • Options
    Some little boy on twitter reckons he has just received some news about charlton but can't tell anyone. Why would he post that on twitter in the first place? Looking for attention... Really annoys me
  • Options
    Coming in for stephens and if the fee is correct paying way above the odds

Meaning that we keep chris solly
  • Options
    edited August 2012

And any idea who is or isn't on the coach?!

Edit. Ignore that. missed your earlier post.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Solly will stay

id imagine cos Stephens goin Villa means we could ask a lot more for Solly
  • Options

Some little boy on twitter reckons he has just received some news about charlton but can't tell anyone. Why would he post that on twitter in the first place? Looking for attention... Really annoys me

whats his name
  • Options

Solly will stay

id imagine cos Stephens goin Villa means we could ask a lot more for Solly
    Fair point I suppose.
  • Options
    Dempsey has turned Villa down and Lambert is on the BBC talking about young players from lower divisions. Looks like we are going to lose Stephens then. Shame.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Darel Russell on way to Portsmouth according to Sky.

Darel's just confirmed it himself on twitter.
  • Options

Correctamundo gaz

For £2.5M our coach could have dropped Stephens off on the way. Bit rude to make him get his own way there!
  • Options

whats his name

Chris solly 8)
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Not sure... his now deleted that tweet and said his news was about stephens not being on the coach, he didn't know that everyone knew..... mmmmmmm

Can't wait for this window to close!! As long as solly is still here I am happy
  • Options
    Maybe NRC is having his medical at forest to await our arrival...? ;)
  • Options
    Meanwhile, back at the Valley......
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!