Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2012
    What about the midfield?
  • Options
    If Cawley is right, think SCP has it spot on yet again. Just hope the funds = better than what we have.....
  • Options
    Rich Cawley:After Yann Kermorgant's injury a CF is back at top of the wishlist for #cafc. Told there will be a new one in on loan before Saturday
  • Options

Rich Cawley:After Yann Kermorgant's injury a CF is back at top of the wishlist for #cafc. Told there will be a new one in on loan before Saturday

well needed. Wonder who it will be? DNG?
  • Options
    Connor Wickham
  • Options

Connor Wickham

Do you know this or just a hunch?
  • Options

well needed. Wonder who it will be? DNG?
    Hopefully not. Always thought of DNG as a winger more than a striker any way.
  • Options
    Shaun Derry at QPR is looking for a loan move....I'd have him
  • Options
    I think its a good idea to get good cover in. BWP, Fuller, Haynes (who unfortunately always seems injured) and an untested Smith is not really strong enough. Will be interesting to see who we can get in. Preferably a fringe prem player who needs games, not just someone who needs to get fit.
  • Options

Connor Wickham

Do you know this or just a hunch?
    Someone id want.

Looking at Prem team lists of strikers (realistically) hardly playing could be one of:

Vellios (Everton)
    Hulse (QPR)
    Wickham (Sunderland)
    Xisco (Newcastle) (remember Jimenez was part the reason of taking him to newcastle)

or championship could be

Gestede (Cardiff)
    N'Guessan (Millwall)

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hulse seemed to be a very good champ player a few years back.
  • Options
    Hulse seems like the most likely imo
  • Options

Hulse seems like the most likely imo

But does he fit into the mould Powelly wants?

Recent said he will sit on the rest of his contract which ends next year.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    i think powell might have to swallow it for the next 3 months unfortunately and just get a proven champ striker in, whatever their style is.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    To the above I would love Wickham but Hulse does seem more likely.

And Powell has just said on the OS that he might dip into the loan market for a striker soon:

http://www.cafc.co.uk//news/article/20120927-powells-cult-heroes-394395.aspx?pageView=full#anchored
  • Options
    Chris Martin at Norwich
  • Options
    Whats Nicholas Bendtner doing these days?
  • Options

Whats Nicholas Bendtner doing these days?

Hmmm can we prize him away from Juventus you reckon?
  • Options

Chris Martin at Norwich

Massive trouble maker. Don't want him anywhere near cafc.
  • Options
    The People are tipping us and the Nigels to go after Hogan Ephraim from QPR on loan.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Freedman to Bolton
  • Options
    Love to have Ephraim back
  • Options
    I fell asleep with my sky sports news on pause, just pressed play and it looks like reo-coker has gone to ipswich. Shame we couldn't persuade him
  • Options
    Sammy Clingan training with doncaster rovers
  • Options
    dizzee said:

I fell asleep with my sky sports news on pause, just pressed play and it looks like reo-coker has gone to ipswich. Shame we couldn't persuade him

Don't worry Sam Baldock and Hayden Mullins are joining in January.

• Options
    23 Oct 2012 09:52:49
    Derby manager Nigel Clough is keen on adding three players to the squad in January and will begin talks with clubs and players before Christmas.
    Young Burton Albion forward Evan Garnett will sign a three ald a half year deal in the New Year and will continue the good relationship between the two clubs.
    Another young forward subject of a bid from County is Charlton striker Adebayo Azeez. The 18 year old is regarded as having a top future at The Valley but may be swung to a move to Derby if more first team opportunities are offered.
    The third and final player and yet another forward is Stuart Hendrie. The 22 year old is playing for non league Redditch and has played for Derby in a trial match two weeks ago. The former Hinckley player has played professional football with Morecambe.
  • Options
    Hope not Henry...I've been looking forward to seeing Azeez get a chance with us. Will have a chat with my mate at Derby...and warn him off!! ;-)
  • Options
    Apparently Charlton are interested in signing Akos Bukhasky (currently at Pompey) not sure if perm or temp
  • Options
    cafc4ever said:

Apparently Charlton are interested in signing Akos Bukhasky (currently at Pompey) not sure if perm or temp

Covered End Junior will be pleased. He's been banging on about him for weeks & nearly exploded when he saw him turn out for Pompey this week.
  • Options
    This was on Portsmouth's website on 1 October ,so Buzsaky was on a one month deal if he is being paid 'hardly anything' then could he be a possibility now Razak has gone.

Pompey have completed a one-month deal for Akos Buzsaky.

The Hungarian midfielder has been training with the Blues since last week, with Michael Appleton initially raising doubt about whether the club had the finances to sign the 30-year-old.

However, Pompey’s boss has revealed the player who spent last season in the Premier League with QPR, was prepared to be paid ‘hardly anything’ to link up with Pompey on a short-term deal.

And the Blues have now completed the audacious move, subject to Football League clearance.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!