Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Options
    He's only 20 & has had half a season playing Div 1 footie with oldham, his time will come & can always "gain" upper body strength. Leave him in the gym for 6 months & get a loan in
  • Options
    Conor henderson from arsenal has joined coventry onloan, pretty odd move, I thought he was better than that
  • Options
    Pete O'Rourke ‏@SkySportsPeteO
    Sky Sports understands Charlton are set to sign Northern Ireland international Sammy Clingan on a free transfer. #CAFC

• Options
    Good signing if true.
  • Options
    Surely puts to bed Reo-Coker rumours then?
  • Options
    Sounds like shit to me.

:-)
  • Options

Surely puts to bed Reo-Coker rumours then?

yeah Reo-Coker seems very unlikely if this is true.... Anyone no much about Clingan? I know he's a midfielder but that's about it?
  • Options
    Last two clubs have departed the Championship... bit of a poor man's Herman? ;-)
  • Options
    I've heard Clingan is pretty terrible.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Looks like he can take decent freekicks too
  • Options
    I wouldn't say he's any better than Hollands .. at least he knows his job .. He's the defensive midfielders' midfielder
  • Options
    Decent player.
  • Options
    Decent championship player imo which is possibly better than what we currently have.
  • Options
    If he's good enough for cej that's good enough for me.
  • Options

Last two clubs have departed the Championship... bit of a poor man's Herman? ;-)

Still time for him to catch up with the grim reaper. LOL

By the way, I won't believe it till it happens.
  • Options
    do we need ANOTHER defensive midfielder ??? I'd prefer someone who can go FORWARD with the ball.

Fuller's goal yesterday was a joy to behold - to actually see a player win the ball, turn and run wiuth it, beat a defender, shoot & score !!
  • Options
    Is this another case of padding out the squad without improving the team i.e. waste of wages
  • Options
    But I want Reo-Coker. : (

Clingan looks decent but is he better than what we've got, I don't think so but then again I've never heard of him.
  • Options
    We don't need a Clingan .. I want Mr Spock
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

do we need ANOTHER defensive midfielder ??? I'd prefer someone who can go FORWARD with the ball.

Fuller's goal yesterday was a joy to behold - to actually see a player win the ball, turn and run wiuth it, beat a defender, shoot & score !!

We dont have a decent one thats why
  • Options
    edited September 2012

We dont have a decent one thats why

re

I didn't see yesterdays game but wasn't that JJ's role ? .. his pace has gone and he has the experience to do that job .. as well as score the odd goal
  • Options

How many do we have at the club? We're full of attacking players our whole midfield and strikers on saturday were attcking players
  • Options
    The only true defensive midfielders we have are Hollands and Hughes, and Hughes has a long term injury problem
  • Options
    Clingan was excellent for Forest and Norwich and highly rated at Coventry, simply because Coventry were relegated, it doesn't make him a poor player.

He has 33 caps for Northern Ireland and is still in their squad I believe.

He is a free transfer and probably won't cost the earth in wages what is there to dislike?

Think he will improve us.
  • Options
    Hollands isn't really a defensive midfielder. He's a box-to-box midfielder who is strong in the tackle but his best attribute is his passing. I like Stephens but Hollands has a better and more consistent range of passing than him in my opinion and it would be nice to see a scenario where Hollands is freed up a bit. He's seemed confused over his role in the midfield this season so a proper holding midfielder would be great
  • Options
    I'd have Clingan like a shot. Might get a few red cards due to the warlike nature of his people?
  • Options
    Hollands is painfully slow. Needs a bit of pace around him and neither Stephens or JJ provide that.
  • Options
    Ideally we need a CM that can carry the ball and add some pace and aggression to our midfield.

An Andy Reid type that can play out wide would also improve the team.

Midfield yesterday was very attacking, not sure how they'd cope against teams like Blackpool and Brighton.
  • Options
    if SCP wants him I want him
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!