Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Options
    Sorry AFKA I thought you would have remembered that, you did comment at the time and it was all in good nature.
  • Options

Plaaayer said:

Well how much was Airman on a week? :-)

Lol, that comment is down there with AFKA's mum and the Australian visitor.

How low can you go? :-)
    Wtf ????

I missed that as well

And what was "bunnygate" since we are on catchupCL

• Options
    Doesn't matter if he's a good player or not, Bailey is 6 foot tall.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

Doesn't matter if he's a good player or not, Bailey is 6 foot tall.

lol
  • Options
    edited September 2012

Sorry AFKA I thought you would have remembered that, you did comment at the time and it was all in good nature.

ah, just got what you are on about :-)

*baseball bat put back in cupboard*

• Options

ah, just got what you are on about :-)

Phew glad the penny dropped I was expecting my ban to start today.

I will try and stay away from plaayer as he clearly is bad news :-)

• Options
    Heard a rumour that Rick Everitt is leaving the Club.

Not on OS yet.
  • Options
    Beckboy said:

Let's get one thing straight wendies have strengthened there squad we've just add I can see them finishing mid to top half if we don't add quality we will be lucky to stay in this division .Fact

They had a much greater need to strengthen than we did, but can't disagree we need to add some quality - especially in midfield.
  • Options
    Mike said:

millwall getting chris wood on loan from west brom today according to SLP. Would be a very good signing for them.

Will this mean N'Guessan might come on loan now ?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    We need a winger. (not N'Guessan)
  • Options
    rikofold said:

Beckboy said:

Let's get one thing straight wendies have strengthened there squad we've just add I can see them finishing mid to top half if we don't add quality we will be lucky to stay in this division .Fact

They had a much greater need to strengthen than we did, but can't disagree we need to add some quality - especially in midfield.
    A greater need, but not a MUCH greater need, indeed if they hadn't been handicapped by having Megson in charge for most of the season, they would probably have had as many points as us!
  • Options

We got 2 but they sit on the bench while we play players who are not wingers
  • Options
    edited September 2012

While I wouldn't say no to another Striker, I am not sure If he'll be good enough for this league, though he wants to play for us.

We need to strengthen the midfield.

• Options

cafckev said:

we have no ambition..............sack the board

And replace them with.......?
    The massives board, they seem to be showing ambition!

They will have a better short term but a much worse long term if they carry on the way they are and once again for are favourite wednesday wum, that is based on the views of a respected journalist friend of mine, who has done his research in to your current owner and his business dealings, including at wednesday, it reallly is a shame what is down the line for a great old club like them unless they really get lucky.
    Barkley is loan, so not much risk with that, if we had spent 13m I might agree with you, we've not spent big, but we have spent wisely and got decent loans in, as regard to Milans clubs, when he left Portsmouth they were in the premiership and mid table and in a decent position, I remember speaking to a Pompey fan in the late 1990s and he was pissed off with MM for not spending big! he also rescued Leicester from L1, got them promoted and sold them on to a rich buyer, if it wasn't for Milan we would of been Wednesday newco in the northern premier, trust me, our plight was scary.

If you want to state true facts about Milan then do it but from where I'm standing it just sounds like you've been spoon fed rubbish and just because Pompey has gone tits up you're trying to connect it to Milan.

FWIW I think Milan will stick with us for a while, he's fell in love with the City and the club.

P.S I'm not a wum, I come on here because I actually think it's a decent football forum, and for Londoners you all seem a decent lot.

*gets tin hat on, lol.
    Ok i am willing to have a serious conversation about your ownership and the future for your club but before we start i like to make sure your opinion is not based on club bias and reading a few football blogs.

My journalist friend who i have worked with and known for over 5 years has previously worked for the BBC and many publications in this country including a 6 year stint working for a number of respected magazines/newspapers in the US in his time.

He did his research as all good journalists do, in to your current owner when he and his former employee were in a bit of trouble that somehow they escaped from.

I respect Wednesday as a club even if i thought many of your middle aged fans reaction last season was pathetic and let down your club.

If i was a Wednesday fan i would be just as worried by the money you are spending(your loans are costly) as many of are fans are worried by are lack of spending.

I suspect your opinion is just based on fan bias & general reading of forums and blogs, which is valid but will not allow us to have a proper discussion about this subject.

So this really will be the last for me.

Good luck to your club i think you are gonna need it, as we might to after just finishing reading the thread of the weekend on here.
  • Options
    Beckboy said:

We got 2 but they sit on the bench while we play players who are not wingers
    Agree, against Hull i thought we were crying out for width, especially in the 2nd half when their midfield started to boss the game, we needed an out ball but there was never a real option as we had no proper wingers on.
  • Options
    Gazcafc81 said:

While I wouldn't say no to another Striker, I am not sure If he'll be good enough for this league, though he wants to play for us.

Your wish as been granted: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2204677/Nigel-Reo-Coker-verge-signing-Charlton.html?openGraphAuthor=/home/search.html?s=&authornamef=Sportsmail+Reporter

I hope its true, he would be class.
  • Options
    A second double barrelled in our midst !
  • Options
    I've heard Reo-Coker was due down the training ground this week. So lets hope he signs. Great free transfer if it happens.
  • Options

I've heard Reo-Coker was due down the training ground this week. So lets hope he signs. Great free transfer if it happens.

yeah fuller and reo coker on free transfers is quality.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Gazcafc81 said:

Your wish as been granted: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2204677/Nigel-Reo-Coker-verge-signing-Charlton.html?openGraphAuthor=/home/search.html?s=&authornamef=Sportsmail+Reporter

I hope its true, he would be class.
    I'd be very happy if he came to us. Bring it on!
  • Options
    hes only 28 a good 4 years left in his prime would be an epic deal, hollands the engine then reo the creative force.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    You obviously haven't seen much of Reo-Coker if you think he'd be a 'creative force'. And I love Danny Hollands but his engine looks a little short in this league.
  • Options
    Yeah he is certainly a good player but creative force he is not.
  • Options
    Rob62 said:

Yeah he is certainly a good player but creative force he is not.

If he frees up Stephens to spray it around then it's good enough for me.

• Options
    No thanks, we have our own young full back who we should play
  • Options
    Just what I was thinking! Poor cedric avina:-/
  • Options
    Briggs is a good player, Evina is two bob.
  • Options
    I wouldn't say that Evina is two bob but he is too lightweight and he isn't like Solly who has got great upper body strength. And what I have learnt in this division, that you have got to be physically strong.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!