Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Why have we never signed Kevin Phillips?!

Because with his fondness for scoring against us, we'd concede a ridiculous number of own goals?
  • Lloyd Sam is there too! Had no idea! That league must be pony!
  • Read in The People today that Blackburn want to pay West Brom £250000 to take Jerome Thomas on loan for the rest of the season.
  • Read in The People today that Blackburn want to pay West Brom £250000 to take Jerome Thomas on loan for the rest of the season.

Can't they pay us that to take Danny Green?

• Oggy Red said:

Read in The People today that Blackburn want to pay West Brom £250000 to take Jerome Thomas on loan for the rest of the season.

Yeh, a creative winger who can whip in a cross is the last thing we need at the club right now
  • edited February 2013
    sam3110 said:

Oggy Red said:

Read in The People today that Blackburn want to pay West Brom £250000 to take Jerome Thomas on loan for the rest of the season.

Yeh, a creative winger who can whip in a cross is the last thing we need at the club right now

Although even when he plays, he doesn't do it often enough, does he?

And it seems that CP feels the same way - as Green's supposed to be going on loan to Swindon/MK Dons, anyway.

However, my comment was meant lightheartedly - as I was only picking up that Blackburn are willing to pay £250,000 for a winger on a 3 month loan. And we could use a quarter million quid.
  • You are right on the 250k, but I feel Green has more to offer us, and he showed that on Saturday. I'd rather have Green stay than someone like Kerkar or Cook
  • sam3110 said:

You are right on the 250k, but I feel Green has more to offer us, and he showed that on Saturday. I'd rather have Green stay than someone like Kerkar or Cook

Sure, Sam. So would I.

But Green was on the bench, and Kerkar and Cook weren't - so CP feels the same as you.

;o)

• Thomas Dossevi is keen to sort out his future and has admitted that he would love to come back to English football.

The 33-year-old forward is a free agent after leaving Thai club Chonburi, and has been linked with a move to Charlton Athletic.

A return to England certainly appeals to the Togo international, having spent time with Swindon Town in 2010-11.

"Nothing is decided yet," he told Sky Sports. "At my age to play in England would be fantastic. I can help a club."

Dossevi has gained a wealth of experience in his career and has also had stints with French clubs Reims, Valenciennes and Nantes.

Or

I need a club. My agent has rung loads of people who said "who?" but at Charlton Phil Chapple said he'd heard of me.
  • Sponsored links:

• 33 year old "striker/winger" desperate for a last pay day who has never made double figures in league goals for any of his previous seven clubs...

It's a no from me!
  • Using Ian dowie's scouting tool , he looks half decent http://youtu.be/wCIEb3HkgWs
  • edited February 2013
    Covered End Junior said he was shite at Swindon. 3 goals in 27 appearances accordng to Wiki.
  • Covered End Junior said he was shite at Swindon. 3 goals in 27 appearances accordng to Wiki.

Depends where he would be played , looks like a stong tall player so could do well In the middle
  • He couldn't cope with the physicality of league 1 so I can't see him being up to it in the Championship.
  • Covered End Junior said he was shite at Swindon. 3 goals in 27 appearances accordng to Wiki.

sounds like our type of striker..............sign him up now !!

• someone ring Jason Roberts, he did magic for Reading and get him on loan
  • Jason roberts and ricardo fuller upfront Mmmmmm
  • edited February 2013

33 year old "striker/winger" desperate for a last pay day who has never made double figures in league goals for any of his previous seven clubs...

It's a no from me!

He's 33......?

5 years too late. Even if he has a trick or two.

Next!

• sammy391 said:

Using Ian dowie's scouting tool , he looks half decent http://youtu.be/wCIEb3HkgWs

What a bloody terrible advert for him that is. Just 2 goals in a You Tube clip is worse than 3 in 27 appearances for Swindon!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Heck, I've seen Chonburi play - even at my age I could get on their bench
  • sammy391 said:

sammy391 said:

The Nigerian lad who was tweeting a month or so ago saying he was signing for charlton has said he has signed a pre-contract agreement with us

What's his twitter?
    @Endurancemiz1 mate
    Looks like the account has been deleted
  • Kap10 said:

sammy391 said:

sammy391 said:

The Nigerian lad who was tweeting a month or so ago saying he was signing for charlton has said he has signed a pre-contract agreement with us

What's his twitter?
    @Endurancemiz1 mate
    Looks like the account has been deleted
    Still there pal , he was tweeting earlier
  • Thomas Dossevi is keen to sort out his future and has admitted that he would love to come back to English football.

The 33-year-old forward is a free agent after leaving Thai club Chonburi, and has been linked with a move to Charlton Athletic.

A return to England certainly appeals to the Togo international, having spent time with Swindon Town in 2010-11.

"Nothing is decided yet," he told Sky Sports. "At my age to play in England would be fantastic. I can help a club."

Dossevi has gained a wealth of experience in his career and has also had stints with French clubs Reims, Valenciennes and Nantes.

Or

I need a club. My agent has rung loads of people who said "who?" but at Charlton Phil Chapple said he'd heard of me.

The Thai Premier league is possibly Conference level. A 33 year old that's been playing at this level is not going to be anywhere near Championship standard.
  • Just bought my son a chonburi football shirt! He could probably get a game and his is only 6!
  • Thanks but no thanks from me, as always happy to-be proved very wrong though.
  • The Thai Premier league is possibly Conference level. A 33 year old that's been playing at this level is not going to be anywhere near Championship standard.

Yeah, I saw Tero Sasana against Phickit a couple of years ago and it was awful.

The only way I can describe it is that it was like watching the default players you got when you started a Master League on the old Pro Evos.
  • George Boyd to Hull City #rumours
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!