Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Greenie said:

DNG can play wide so is a replacement for Green and DNG can play upfront so he is a replacement for BWP.

Sell two, buy one = money saved.

I just font think DNG is good enough for the championship. Is he better than BWP? I certainly don't think so.
    Seems to have been doing ok for Spanners and looked good when came on against us.

Better than BWP? not sure but DNG is bigger and stronger and that seems to count for a lot in the Championship.

Not that we've signed DNG yet anyway. I'll beleive it when it's on #cafc official
  • Greenie said:

DNG can play wide so is a replacement for Green and DNG can play upfront so he is a replacement for BWP.

Sell two, buy one = money saved.

I just font think DNG is good enough for the championship. Is he better than BWP? I certainly don't think so.
    Seems to have been doing ok for Spanners and looked good when came on against us.

Better than BWP? not sure but DNG is bigger and stronger and that seems to count for a lot in the Championship.

Not that we've signed DNG yet anyway. I'll beleive it when it's on #cafc official
    Don't get me wrong H, DNG was great in League 1, I take on board your comments re size, but I'm not convinced it is what we need.

Oh well, if/when he moves to SE7 then we will know.
  • Powell saying no at today's press conference although that means little.

SCP is often "economical with the truth" when it comes to transfers and rightly so.
  • N'Guessan would be great for Charlton; powerful and can hold the ball and not afraid to have a go and most definitely better than bwp . I would rather a midfielder but yes another striker/ someone up front woul;d be good.
  • DNG not for me dogshite BWP much better player.
  • nowhere near as good as BWP or Fuller,Kermo or Haynes
  • edited February 2013
    I didn't mind DNG last season, he definitely had a bit of something about him. He's of a similar level ability wise, I would say, to BWP but a different type of player. BWP will probably score more with good service (sorely lacking in SE7 right now) whereas DNG probably will create more chances for himself with his physique and athleticism.

If used correctly, both are capable lower half of the Championship players and neither are likely to fire you towards the Premiership. DNG would probabaly be cheaper than BWP and is probably better suited to the way we play. He'd actually be okay cover for Haynes as a striker/winger.

If we are in form him again, that would seem to confirm Powell rates him which is a good sign as he hasn't got much wrong in the transfer market.
  • Oh i get it,Millwall get Kane and Afobe and we get DNG,my Millwall work mates say they will pay the taxi fair for him.IF he aint good enough for Millwall he defo aint good enough for us
  • Richard Cawley‏@RichCawleySLP

Update on #cafc - Danny Green to Swindon is a no-go. Preference is MK Dons on loan.
  • DNG not rated by millwall suporters.
  • Sponsored links:

• No thanks for DNG - surely we must be able to do better than him.
  • DNG did the business for us last season. Pretty sure the Palace fans weren't too upset over the fact we didn't rate Ambrose. Some players perform for certain teams and not others and DNG seems like he really wants to play for Charlton and Powell. Suits me.
  • Think DNG will offer us the same as last year. Think his physique will help us.
  • DNG did the business for us last season. Pretty sure the Palace fans weren't too upset over the fact we didn't rate Ambrose. Some players perform for certain teams and not others and DNG seems like he really wants to play for Charlton and Powell. Suits me.

What business did he do for us last season ?

few important goals to be fair

We didn't rate Hudson, he's now captain of the team running away with the division. Leicester didn't rate Kermorgant.

We didn't rate Hudson, he's now captain of the team running away with the division. Leicester didn't rate Kermorgant.

Sheff Weds fans did not rate Morrison either.
  • Ipswich didn't rate Darren Bent

Scored important goals when we could have gone into a bit of an end of season dip and our other strikers were hardly being prolific. Got the opener against Yeovil - a match coming off the back of us not winning in three (including the tonking against Notts County at home), the settler in that nervy Orient game and then only goal in the win over Walsall. Scored against Preston too, though we'd won it by then. Gave us an outlet with some pace down the left and someone for Hamer to aim at other than Yann in the air. That business.
  • I didn't mind DNG last season, he definitely had a bit of something about him. He's of a similar level ability wise, I would say, to BWP but a different type of player. BWP will probably score more with good service (sorely lacking in SE7 right now) whereas DNG probably will create more chances for himself with his physique and athleticism.

If used correctly, both are capable lower half of the Championship players and neither are likely to fire you towards the Premiership. DNG would probabaly be cheaper than BWP and is probably better suited to the way we play. He'd actually be okay cover for Haynes as a striker/winger.

If we are in form him again, that would seem to confirm Powell rates him which is a good sign as he hasn't got much wrong in the transfer market.

Have you seen him Exiled? Somebody called him dogshite, personally I wouldn't rate him that highly, Seriously he's an ok Div 1 player, Powell wouldn't even bring on Fuller (who's a class act) as a sub against the (not)massive the other week. Are we seriously expected to believe that ngeussan could be the answer to our striker problems? just another nothing player using up valuable cash on his wages. I just hope its paper talk only

• Sponsored links:

• WSS said:

Ipswich didn't rate Darren Bent

I'm sure that you could find one or two who didn't rate him, the majority loved him in much the way that we did
  • I didn't mind DNG last season, he definitely had a bit of something about him. He's of a similar level ability wise, I would say, to BWP but a different type of player. BWP will probably score more with good service (sorely lacking in SE7 right now) whereas DNG probably will create more chances for himself with his physique and athleticism.

Have you seen him Exiled? Somebody called him dogshite, personally I wouldn't rate him that highly, Seriously he's an ok Div 1 player, Powell wouldn't even bring on Fuller (who's a class act) as a sub against the (not)massive the other week. Are we seriously expected to believe that ngeussan could be the answer to our striker problems? just another nothing player using up valuable cash on his wages. I just hope its paper talk only

4 goals in 7 games for Charlton and he's worse than dogshite? Righto.
  • He isn't dogshite but he's not that great. The money could be better spent elsewhere imo.
  • Don't forget he can play on the wing (not that make much difference) maybe more of a pacey and strong outlet instead of waggy or Wilson
  • WSS said:

Ipswich didn't rate Darren Bent

Drivel. You may have the odd idiotic keyboard chum that thought that, but any I've spoken to had a bit more sense. If I knew an Ipswich fan that scratched his bum hole I couldn't say Ipswich has a troubled anus. See?

Yep, I saw several of his appearances last season. He was no world beater but he grabbed a few goals and a couple of assists and, I felt, generally had a little bit about him. He was certainly strong and mobile.

I'm inclined to agree that he wouldn't be a brilliant signing and possibly even a bit pointless, but that doesn't mean he is a bad player per say. If we were signing him to improve the team I'd have my doubts that he is any better than what we have. If we were signing him so we can ship BWP and Green out to save money, but still have a servicable replacement for both of them then I'd say we could do worse.
  • Remember also, Powell would of seen him in training every day, he must be able to see something in DNG and Schlupp from when he was coaching
  • Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP

Update on #cafc - Danny Green to Swindon is a no-go. Preference is MK Dons on loan.
  • Totally underwelmed if DNG is the best we can attract on loan!

Can't see the point of loaning out BWP and Green if we cant replace them with better!
  • edited February 2013
    Essex_Al said:

Totally underwelmed if DNG is the best we can attract on loan!

Can't see the point of loaning out BWP and Green if we cant replace them with better!

This and DNG is shite.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!