Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• AND THIS:

Elsewhere, ex addick Steve Dowman is the new manager of Albion Rovers after
    quitting as boss of rivals Stirling Albion over unpaid expenses. Dowman, 55, is
    an expert of lower league scottish football and recently won the highlands cup
    with Helmsdale Thistle in 2008 after a 10 year stint at the Wick based club. He
    was given a tartan named after his family "the Dowman" which bizarrely has
    become the best selling Tartan for the retail giant Burberry.
  • Don't think the lack of signings is necessary a sign that there's no cash. We're probably not going to go down or make the playoffs so maybe we've got a manager and board that thinks it's worth keeping their powder dry unless there's real value. Would people be happier if we had a Pardew-style shit buying spree?

I agree with this, don't think we are either going up or down, no point in signing players (and additional wages etc) just for the sake of it, think we'll be fine and pick up enough points - hopefully early enough to give a few of our youngsters some good experience.

• Danny Graham to Middlesbrough. Strange one.

Apparently, we were going to sign him a few years ago but Parky changed his mind and bought Simon Francis instead #urbanmyth
  • Don't think the lack of signings is necessary a sign that there's no cash. We're probably not going to go down or make the playoffs so maybe we've got a manager and board that thinks it's worth keeping their powder dry unless there's real value. Would people be happier if we had a Pardew-style shit buying spree?

I agree with this, don't think we are either going up or down, no point in signing players (and additional wages etc) just for the sake of it, think we'll be fine and pick up enough points - hopefully early enough to give a few of our youngsters some good experience.

In agreement with both views.

• Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP

#cafc been quiet in this window.....but told today there might be some business done. Potential ins and outs.
  • I think the link with Judge has legs in it, my guess we will drag it out until the very end, if he's out of contract in the summer we will try and get him for peanuts at about 9pm
  • Danny Graham to Middlesbrough. Strange one.

Fee around 5 Million quoted by Sky
  • csr_cafc said:

Danny Graham to Middlesbrough. Strange one.

Fee around 5 Million quoted by Sky
    Bloody ridiculous.
  • # urbanmyth is fact as one person who posts on here could confirm if they chose to however i respect their silence

So i said what the player himself confirmed urban myth or not you decide
  • Danny Graham will not be joining Boro, according to the Mirror. Sunderland still possible.
  • Sponsored links:

• I still think a cash/swap deal involving BWP for Judge is a good bet.
  • edited January 2013
    Graham's representatives said he will not be joining boro (skysports)
  • From Football Rumours -

Charlton are due to sign Ipswich Town winger Anthony Wordsworth before the transfer window slams shut. Addicks boss Chris Powell is understood to be preparing a bid for the unsettled Tractor boy.
  • Hahahahhahahaha classic
  • I still think a cash/swap deal involving BWP for Judge is a good bet.

The problem was they didn't want BWP or Green as part of the deal.
    Maybe we will go back with a better cash alternative.
  • according to the BBC website Notts County are looking for a championship striker............
  • #cafc expecting Bradley Wright-Phillips enquiries but wages mean only Championship clubs likely to be able to afford him.
  • I stand by my comment that if we sign anyone ill eat a shirt and one of my high quality primark shorts haha
  • Vincenzo said:

Danny Graham will not be joining Boro, according to the Mirror. Sunderland still possible.

On SSN he's just arrived at Sunderland
  • Vincenzo said:

Danny Graham will not be joining Boro, according to the Mirror. Sunderland still possible.

On SSN he's just arrived at Sunderland

Thats all sealed and signed mate. He is a Sunderland player
  • Sponsored links:

• Booed by the Mackems on Tuesday, cheered to the rafters come Saturday. Fickle lot us football fans.

• will close this one for today. Use the stickied Transfer Deadline Day thread, ta.
  • reopend

We're saved!!!! ; )
  • CEEELLLEEEEEBRRRRATTTTEEE GOOD TIMES COME ON!
  • It was rumoured that the Rumours Rumours thread was rumoured never to appear again.
  • Oggy Red said:

It was rumoured that the Rumours Rumours thread was rumoured never to appear again.

I think that was just a rumour Oggy.

• Hmm, where were we.

Oh yeh. Has anyone seen that Wordsworth from Colchester. I think we should come in for him. Maybe if we could offload spome of our underperforming players on loan to, say Swindon. But who? I know some might call me crazy, but I think BWP and Green or Hollands might benefit from a spell in a League 1 team to get some playing time. (Waits for the shock and horror).
  • Pompey chasing Racon
  • I reckon after Saturday we should go for Zaha and Phillips.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!