Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• do they still allow loans after the trasfer window closes?

Yes, I think there's a short gap, then the loan window reopens
  • Palace chasing Ebanks-Blake as well, one offer already rejected.
  • So we think the manager at Notts County picked a club at random ---------then chose two of that clubs players and then invented a story that we offered em in exchange for one of his !
    Or maybe we did make the move got told to naff off and rather than admit we were doing a BOGOFF deal said there was nothing in it

£100K for Wordsworth ? might as well be £5million we aint got any money

We got told to naff off
  • "The money" !!!!!!!! There ain't any.

Rather fucks up the 3, 5, 10 year plan.

• From the Mirror - Stoke are to make a late £2.5m move for Crystal Palace midfielder Mile Jedinak - hopefully before Saturday! I thought he had a decent game against us at The Valley.

Sounds good as the Palace fan I know that goes to the home matches says he is the main man and they are poor without him.
    Yeah - Palace fans I know, love him. I thought he bossed the game at The Valley.

Not worried about Boyd, bit overrated.
  • Looks like one out and then one in. But I think the problem is getting one out.
  • heard today that we pulled out of deal to sign Wordsworth, expect a loan midfelder in on thursday.

Don't think we pulled out, because we were never in
  • edited January 2013
    I think the board are confident we will not go down, and the bridge is a little too far to get playoffs.

Therefore it will be better to address the squad in the summer. For the long term, instead if quick fixes.

Save funds (if any) for the summer, when prices deflate, contracts expire, and bring in a couple of loanees to keep us ticking over.

No point in signing someone for the sake of it.

We have an average squad. Unless we pay an over inflated price, for a magnificent addition, I can't see any recruitment this window.

COYR
  • The thing I don't get is what all this hot air about 5 year plans Slater saying he expected 8-12th comes from. Fair enough don't think we are going up or down this year but if the aim is buy young buy cheap buy potential re-sale value, Wordsworth is 24 and on the market for c.£100k now. The only reason we can't be in is because we are potless and if that's the truth why don't those at the top stop spinning?
  • The thing I don't get is what all this hot air about 5 year plans Slater saying he expected 8-12th comes from. Fair enough don't think we are going up or down this year but if the aim is buy young buy cheap buy potential re-sale value, Wordsworth is 24 and on the market for c.£100k now. The only reason we can't be in is because we are potless and if that's the truth why don't those at the top stop spinning?

Another reason could be that our manager/scouts don't think Wadsworth has the potential to provide a return on that investment.
  • Sponsored links:

• Col U are struggling. Granted he can't save them on his own.

I believe we have had him watched, and it's simply either;

a) decent player, will he make championship grade though?
    b) decent player, another target is preferred?
    c) can't make any movement for anyone, until money is freed up elsewhere (loans out if club)
  • Our best signing this January will be the return of Wiggins.
  • BWP to the Blunts or Tranmere doing the rounds on Twitter, probably both crap but the former looks believable.
  • I hear its Swindon, trying to get 6 month loan, as Benson ha just gone Cheltenham
  • Just been told that one as well. Before that it was Bournemouth and Franchise Fc
  • _nam11 said:

I hear its Swindon, trying to get 6 month loan, as Benson ha just gone Cheltenham

Straight swap for Ritchie

Though Swindon are pikey broke sp doubt they can afford him to be honest

• Swisdom said:

_nam11 said:

I hear its Swindon, trying to get 6 month loan, as Benson ha just gone Cheltenham

Straight swap for Ritchie

Though Swindon are pikey broke sp doubt they can afford him to be honest

I would love to see this happen and I went to Orient V Swindon last night and was impressed with Ritchie,although left footed he played on the right.

I can't see us going for him if as stated SCP was at Pompey last night. Surely if he was interested in Ritchie he would have taken the shorter journey to Brisbane Road.

With Boyd going to Palace and Wordsworth to Ipswich the available pool of attacking left siders is getting smaller.Didn't Swindon go after Green on a short term loan also? Maybe they would be up for a two (or even with Hollands three) for one offer.Having said that I thought they still had an embargo on new signings.

• Ssn reporting that Swindon want BWT on six month loan

• There are news reports that Swindon may enter administration within 24 hours
  • Ssn reporting that Swindon want BLT on six month loan

Di Canio is a hungry manager
  • Sponsored links:

cfgs said:

BWP to the Blunts or Tranmere doing the rounds on Twitter, probably both crap but the former looks believable.

well The Blunts are selling Blackman to Reading so may be a possibility

• Didn't Sheffield. U sign a Scottish player not that long ago so why do they need BWP

cfgs said:

BWP to the Blunts or Tranmere doing the rounds on Twitter, probably both crap but the former looks believable.

well The Blunts are selling Blackman to Reading so may be a possibility

I though't we'd abolished the slave trade - they really are a bit backward oop north aren't they :-)

• On BBC Sport

Charlton join Manchester United interest in Schlupp

Charlton manager Chris Powell says he is interested in signing Leicester City striker Jeffrey Schlupp if Manchester United overlook the forward.
    Schlupp, 20, has been training with the Premier League leaders for the last week and had his trial extended.
    But former Leicester coach Powell is keen on the Ghana international.
    "I hope it goes well for him, but if it doesn't there is another team in red that he can always wear the shirt of," he said.
    "We will just have to wait and see on that one.
    "I have kept a close eye on Jeff. He played when I took the development team.
    "He played a number of times and you could see him as a player there."
    Schlupp, who scored six goals on loan with Brentford in the 2010-11 season, has failed to score for the Foxes this term and has not featured since November.
    He made immediate impact when he broke into the first team at Leicester last season, scoring a hat-trick on his debut away to Rotherham United in the League Cu
  • Ssn reporting that Swindon want BWT on six month loan

BWT?

or BLT?

• Opps should have scrolled up!
  • Jeff Schlupp will sign for us when he is 34.
  • Uboat said:

Jeff Schlupp will sign for us when he is 34.

Is that fact or just a rumour?
  • edited January 2013
    Uboat said:

Jeff Schlupp will sign for us when he is 34.

We'll need to wait until his hamstrings get dodgy

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!