Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cheltenham Festival 09'

Comments

• Options
    Had Paddy and Garde so not a bad day overall.

Ground just had a bit too much cut for Binoc in my opinion - couldn't quite display his turn of foot but was staying on no doubt about that.

He should walk it this time next year.
  • Options
    Off topic somewhat but managed to get 7/2 on a Cardiff - Wolves double tonight (betfair).
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Robbo on the wing[/cite]Off topic somewhat but managed to get 7/2 on a Cardiff - Wolves double tonight (betfair).

Oops
  • Options
    MY COUSIN VINNY - Let me down in the placepot sods law 1st race. came up trumps in the other 5 HOW ANNOYING
  • Options
    Cousin Vinny was nailed on as a big lay

the betfair forum had been non-stop for 48 hours prior that he wasn't right and Mullins admitted it afterwards

in fact favourites generally have a poor record at Chelts - Masterminded today being the obvious exception

I laid Vinny and Binc yesterday had a very good Day One

apart from MM and Vor Por tomorrow look to take on the favs in each race and you won't go far wrong IMO

today looks tricky though

fancy Well Chief e/w behind MM and Mikael DH in the second but keeping stakes to a minimum apart from that
  • Options
    As a founder Member of Chirpy's Racing Club I am somewhat gutted that I couldn't be with the rest of the Team at the Headquarters of National Hunt. For my sins I am happy to give you the losers I will be backing today:

1.30 Can't Buy Time & Forest Leaves
    2.05 Diamond Harry
    2.40 Cooldine
    3.20 Big Zeb (in the Without Favourite market as MM will win by a street if he doesn't fall)
    4.00 The Polomoche & Ninetieth Minute
    4.40 Silk Affair
    5.15 Rite Of Passage & Meath All Star

Good luck to all you CL punters.
  • Options
    Was there yesterday, brilliant day cant face a guiness fora while ,

today
    Parsons Pistol in 1.30
    Karabak in 2.05
    Cooldine in 2.40
    Perrot Lumarre in 4.00

and
    Sciillan secret in the last

come on
    i
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: clivey_hero[/cite]Was there yesterday, brilliant day cant face a guiness fora while ,

Am I, that bad?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: colthe3rd[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Robbo on the wing[/cite]Off topic somewhat but managed to get 7/2 on a Cardiff - Wolves double tonight (betfair).

Oops

Just when you think your on a roll.
    Going for Lough Derg E/W 4:00
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Only a little flutter but

1.30 Cant buy time
    2.05 Karabak
    2.40 Gone to lunch think McCoy will win on one of these two
    4.00 The Polomoche Gerra/ Henderson Combo hoping comes good
  • Options
    Mikael DH just romped that one - luverrrrrrrrrrrrly.....
  • Options
    Just had my first Cheltenham punt of 2009 on a horse called Ninetieth Minute and it won at 14-1. Wahey!
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    A good day all round.

Just gonna cook the family dinner and then start studying for tomorrow's action. In this game you're only as good as your last winner don't you know.
  • Options
    Any tips or selections fopr today? I put a 5ver 250 each way on well chief and got only 11 back does that sound right? Big bucks looks good today
  • Options
    I think well Chief was 14-1 when it ran - came 2nd and each way it a qtr of the odds so the win plus your stake back - so it is about right matey
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: superclive[/cite]Any tips or selections fopr today? I put a 5ver 250 each way on well chief and got only 11 back does that sound right? Big bucks looks good today

£2.50 @ 1/4 odds of 14/1 = £11.25 so as Duck says the return is correct.

I will try to remember to post today's winners later!!!
  • Options
    Thanks Gents, 11.25 is what I got. so that was spot on. I'm a bit of an amatuer when it comes to this lark.

looking forward to today
  • Options
    If anyone has any good tips for tomorrow can you put em on during today, as I'm leaving tonight for Cheltenham (staying in town for the early train).

Ta
  • Options
    wel i had a minute winner on someones tip from earlier in the week. think it was chirpy's mates nag. so any more for any more. i
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]If anyone has any good tips for tomorrow can you put em on during today, as I'm leaving tonight for Cheltenham (staying in town for the early train).

Ta

Walkon in the Triumph.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: superclive[/cite]Any tips or selections fopr today? I put a 5ver 250 each way on well chief and got only 11 back does that sound right? Big bucks looks good today

£2.50 @ 1/4 odds of 14/1 = £11.25 so as Duck says the return is correct.

I will try to remember to post today's winners later!!!

Sometimes it better to bet without the favorite, I got 4-1 on well chief for finishing second to MM.
  • Options
    Don't suppose Kinveachy had a good day yesterday laying favourites
  • Options
    All fairly speculative and as a result Each Way:

Astarador...................1.30 (25/1)
    Synchronised...............2.05 (10/1)
    Imperial Commander......2.40 (7/1)
    Fair Along..................3.20 (14/1)
    Ping Pong Sivola...........4.00 (10/1)
    Newbay Prop...............4.40 (20/1)

Happy Punting.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]Imperial Commander......2.40 (7/1)

Had a fiver EW at 6/1, cheers ;-)
  • Options
    Big Bucks in the 3.20
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]Big Bucks in the 3.20

Winner !
  • Options
    Buck the Legend in the 4pm
  • Options
    Went yesterday. Too many Irish!

Just had Powerstations ew.

Fingeronthepulse in the next
  • Options
    Good day to lay the favourites today AFKA!!!

Vor Por and Kasbah - fill yer boots!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only MM came in of the four so-called good things - Binocular, MM, Vor Por, Kasbah