Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cheltenham Festival 09'

Comments

• Options
    Changed mind, going for Or beau ew at 18s
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: L Block JT[/cite]Changed mind,

Always dangerous doing that mate
  • Options
    I know. Yesterday was a nightmare. Everything i had picked pre races had changed when it came to handing over cash.
  • Options
    i hope to have some winnders on these last two as had a poor run now and i need some dosh to pay for my drinks tonight.
  • Options
    had ping pong each way so nice one addick addict
  • Options
    Where we going tonight Curb it
  • Options
    Bluu bar... tho i dont think i've won much.
  • Options
    I'm in the gallery
  • Options
    are you - i work opposite and you never invite me. you must be embarrassed. Bluu Bar is about 5 mins walk am with mad anne and co... come over if you're brave enough.
  • Options
    its a good job i dont gambel very often. i won pennies.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]are you - i work opposite and you never invite me. you must be embarrassed. Bluu Bar is about 5 mins walk am with mad anne and co... come over if you're brave enough.

I'm with some city slickers , where is bluu bar then ? I invite you everywhere I go
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    had newbay prop so thanks again Addick Addict. I shall have my ears open tomorrow.

its on moorgate.

will be able to afford about a bottle and a glass of wine with it... great.
  • Options
    they're only a couple of hundred yards apart. Was in Bluu a fortnight ago for a work dinner. Usual city fayre.

Anyone, congrats to all who have had winners.
  • Options
    Well done everyone and good luck tomorrow.

Not sure if I'll be able to post my picks as I'm back at work (did I mention I work in the Horseracing Department at Betfair?) but will if I can as long as people understand that I'm as capable of picking 6 or 7 duffers as the next person.
  • Options
    you did fail to mention that! But thanks again. Give me a big outsider tho so i can afford some champagne and not a bottle of house plonk! :-)
  • Options
    did a bit better today with a win from big bucks, gives me some dough for tomorrow. Looking forward to another fun day!
  • Options
    I went today.

I think its fair to say that it wasn't my day...only Pennek won me anything.

And in a massive case of heart ruling head I couldn't resist Blazing Bailey!

:-(
  • Options
    Big bucks done me a favour today.

I can't stop looking at the price for Denman tomorrow.Think i'm having some of that.
  • Options
    What's denman available for carly
  • Options
    6's mostly.Did see him as far as 8 earlier on today somewhere.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not bad, might have shot on that. Any others u fancy for tomorrow, hope you have a good day there
  • Options
    Won a few quid on Daves dream last saturday.Looked pretty impressive.He's running again tomorrow!
  • Options
    An incredibly difficult day today and one to tread very carefully on. Nevertheless, here are my selections, most of which by virtue of their price, are very much each way shots:

1.30 Walkon (5/1)
    2.05 Farringdon (28/1)
    2.40 Browns Baily (16/1)
    3.20 Barbers Shop (12/1)
    4.00 Cappa Bleu (11/2)
    4.40 Piraya (22/1)
    5.15 Clew Bay Cove (10/1)

Good luck everyone.
  • Options
    BFR said:

Forget the Grand National - this is National Hunt's big race...

The runners - three and a bit miles of Cheltenham's undulations at a decent pace against tough competition - and then a stiff run in uphill to the finish, a test of skill and courage on behalf of both the rider and horse, and training ability. Poor horses never win this race, indeed poor horses never race in the Gold Cup.

So who will win?

The nags:

AIR FORCE ONE
    ALBERTAS RUN
    BARBERS SHOP
    CERIUM
    DENMAN
    EXOTIC DANCER
    HALCON GENELARDAIS
    KAUTO STAR
    KNOWHERE
    MADISON DU BERLAIS
    MIKO DE BEAUCHENE
    MY WILL
    NEPTUNE COLLONGES
    ROLL ALONG
    SNOOPY LOOPY
    STAR DE MOHAISON

Denman, last year's winner is just back after a heart op and has had just one prep race, to win again would be an amazing performance of veterinary skill. Kauto Star, the winner two years ago should be in the frame, more so as he has Ruby Walsh on his back but I think Exotic Dancer and Neptune Collonges will battle it out.

For an outside bet Madison Du Berlais has been in good recent form.
  • Options
    I've had a bet on Air Force One e/w at 25-1 which is a nice price for a horse that should like the drying ground and go well.
  • Options
    Mine are:-

1.30 STARLUCK

2.05 SUNNYHILLBOY

2.40 THE MIDNIGHT CLUB

3.20 BARBERS SHOP

4.00 –

4.40 LITTLE SHILLING

5.15 LORIENT EXPRESS

I will also take on board Addick Addict's selection on Clew Bay Cove as another friend of mine likes that one.

Good luck.
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Oh well, good first day, average 2nd day, poor third day - let's hope it's cyclical.

1.30 Walk On; Jumbo Rio E/W

2.05 Raise Your Heart ; Sunnyhill Boy E/W

2.40 Pride of Bluecote; Weapons Amnesty E/W

3.20 Barber Shop ; Madison Du Berlais E/W.......................... Outside bet on Denman to drop dead before the end of the race.

4.00 Murphy's Cardinal; Royal Auclair E/W

4.40 Little Shilling; Big Eared Fran E/W

Fill your boots!
  • Options
    1:30 | 18 Zaynar (B J Geraghty, 11-2 ); 17 Walkon (R Thornton, 4-1 fav); 8 Mourad (R Walsh, 14-1 ); 18 ran. 12 Starluck (T J Murphy, 5-1 2nd-fav);

Distances: ¾ length; 2 3/4 lengths
  • Options
    Another winner for ruby/nicholls. American Trilogy at 20's
  • Options
    how moody was that? 20-1 and he murdered the field.