Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Favourite cheese?

edited March 2009 in Not Sports Related
Let's face it, Mozzarella is an absolute disgrace to the world of cheese. I know because I have just sprinkled some grated over a sarnie as I thought it was Cheddar. (Note to self: WTF is my missus doing buying grated cheese - I know how a cheese grater works FFS!)

For me Cheddar is King. But I'm talking a nice proper mature one here - none of that mild crud they serve up by the ton.

Cheese. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Comments

• Options
    Proper fire burning mature cheddar, what is the point of cheddar that tastes of nothing? Or any cheese that tastes of nothing more than butter?!?!

Strong, dirty mature, full fat cheddar all day long.

You can keep yer leerdammer europeans, tastes like butter without the flavour

Jiggle
  • Options
    Manchego. Mmmmmmmmm...
  • Options
    In-bred sheep milk cheese Leroy? You surprise me!
  • Options
    Seeing as this thread is listed under "General Charlton"..

Rommedahl?
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    For anyone that likes strong smelly runny soft cheese that takes your breath away and stinks the whole house out try L’Ami du Chambertin mmmmmmmmmm
  • Options
    Brunello - I'm with you and will have to look for that one. can't beat a ripe Brie de Meaux.
  • Options
    Had some cheddar the other day at the in laws that had marmite mixed in it needless to say I am now addicted and getting through a bag a week.
  • Options
    Extra mature Double Gloucester
  • Options
    I hate cheese
  • Options
    I hate Cheese will not touch it!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Where's DJ Ketman when you need him?
  • Options
    there is only one cheese, Chedar. The rest is look-a-likey
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Where's DJ Ketman when you need him?

OI - I'm the king of Cheese around here.

Once described as having more cheese than the Cheddar Gorge!
  • Options
    Red Leicester
  • Options
    Cheese.... lovely.
    Follow link for every cheese lovers most vital website. :-)

http://www.cheese.com/
  • Options
    Excuse me you fools.

There is only one cheese.

Blue Stilton.
  • Options
    Well said peanut, love a bit of stilton and a drop of port, genius
  • Options
    You can't beat Steak and Cheese... but I wouldnt recommend looking at it at work....

http://www.steakandcheese.com
  • Options
    Wensleydale....with cranberries when I'm feeling particularly decadent.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]Had some cheddar the other day at the in laws that had marmite mixed in it needless to say I am now addicted and getting through a bag a week.[/quote]

Where from ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: HarryAMuse[/cite]Wensleydale....with cranberries when I'm feeling particularly decadent.

Sorry cant be doing with any cheese with fruit in it. Very nancy stuff imho.
  • Options
    Sainsburys mate
  • Options
    Cheese is just rotten milk.
  • Options
    I love most strong cheeses, in fact mainly all cheese. Stilton rocks, that goes awesome with beer!! Strong cheddar rocks!! Love Brie and rockfort (sp) love garlicky bousin on toast! That wensleydale with cranberry is quite nice i could go on!!
    Recently my old Ma came back from Australia and she smuggled back this mental cheese, it was wasabi cheese any of you Aussie addicks out there tried this?? Wow its proper mad!! But very nice!! Mmmmmmmmmmm cheese
  • Options
    Proper Parmesan, the cave aged stuff you smuggle back in your suitcase after holidays in Italy. Dolcelatte and the creamy Gorgonzola that escapes in the suitcase to mingle in eternity with your underwear. Otherwise, strong Cheddar, the sort that I can no longer afford to buy.
  • Options
    Epoisse
  • Options
    You cant beat a bit of stilton.

but cheddar wise it has to mature or extrra mature. that mild shit ain't worth a ruib.
  • Options
    not many people know this but i actually owned the world record for distance a peice of cheese travelled ! when i had my bar in Thailand a regular was a heli pilt in The falklands , he knew at that time you couldnt get cheese in Thailand so he got a big f**k off piece out there, flew back via the UK and then onto Thailand so it travelled round the world ! it was a tad mature but still got scoffed.
  • Options
    How do you grate mozzeralla? and why.

Lovely big slices in a salad

Lincolnshire Poacher or some Brie or some Stilton or a nice bit of chedder.

Cheese; love it.
  • Options
    Proper mature English cheddar for me...