Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Grand National 2009

13»

Comments

• Options
    I don't believe it.....
  • Options
    Mon Mome (only if going is soft or softer)

... as quoted by Peanuts in his first post
  • Options
    What a result for the bookies...
  • Options
    What happened to Rambling MInster?!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: L Block JT[/cite]What happened to Rambling MInster?!

Pulled up I think.
  • Options
    The one that could of stayed all day, pulled up. Unbelievable
  • Options
    Peanuts mate, I took your advice and had £2.50 each way on your tips. I fucking love you!

If we ever meet I owe you a beer or 2! Just picked up £317!!!!!!
  • Options
    Quote from a bookie on R5: "Our best day ever".
  • Options
    I chose the wrong 2 off Peanuts, Minster and Brownie
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    When I said 'Hear the Echo' had been 'laid out for the race' I didn't mean literally!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pulled Mon Mome out in the sweep stake at work 1 quid in wins 39 quid :-)

5 quid ew on Comply or Die at 9-1 happy day for myself
  • Options
    My Mrs did her usual eyes shut and point at a name on the betting slip... Yep, she went for Mon Mome. £2.50 e/w won't change our lives but £312.50 will come in very handy for our holiday to Florida :-)

I had an e/w few quid on Comply or Die too, so not a bad day for us
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Black Apalachi - nailed on FACT.

Gutted. Do I get anything for leading from the start until the 22 fence? To be fair, the jockey should've held on.
  • Options
    drew a complete blank on the racing.
    however derbys last minute equaliser against burnley meant i got 3 draws (for the 4th time since about november) and netted me £160 for a fiver.
  • Options
    won the work sweepstake

Happy Dayys
  • Options
    I backed 3 of the 4 Peanuts selected to start this thread. I did not back Mon Mome (only if going is soft or softer)

... as quoted by Peanuts in his first post, as I thought the going was good or good to soft.

Obviously Mon Mome won, bloody typical.

I nearly always manage to make the wrong choice LOL.
  • Options
    Really have little clue when it comes to horse racing, and especially the Grand National. But mucho respecto for picking out Mon Mome, I'd not seen anyone mention it, that is a really impressive pick out of five horses in the national.
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]Peanuts mate, I took your advice and had £2.50 each way on your tips. I fucking love you!

If we ever meet I owe you a beer or 2! Just picked up £317!!!!!!

Cheers Plaaayer and sorry for not reciprocating deep affection earlier - was in New York over GN weekend (bad timing but was sure Brooklyn Brownie was destined to win) and then went offline (thanks to bloody BT).

Many apologies Covered End & AFKA for putting you off with the "must have soft or softer". Actually the time of the race suggests that the ground was softer than the official going but it was certainly not Soft and I have to confess I got lucky as I might have reversed my bet on Mon Mome if I hadn't been going away.

It was his poor runs since the New Year that caused him to be friendless in the market but, even so, he shouldn’t have been 100/1: he won a very nice race at Cheltenham in Dec, had showed that he handled the GN fences last year (10th but went well for a long way, only just having returned from injury) and his close 2nd in the Welsh National in 2006 was a key factor in my “model” - the Irish and Welsh Nationals are excellent guides to the GN (8 of last 12 GN winners had won or been placed in one or other). Of course, not to carry over 11st remains a major advantage. OK the next 3 were all over 11st but Mon Mome romped well clear of them at the end and seemingly won with plenty in hand – maybe that explains the slowish time.

Anyway, model has been tweaked in preparation for next year.

Cheers again Plaaayer.