Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

on the palace website

edited March 2009 in General Charlton
the amount of charlton related threads,i challenge anyone to tell me of a club that can match that type of creepy obssesion for another,and the amount of threads daily telling themselves they dont hate us.real creepy fans,still only met three in my lifetime.

Comments

• Options
    its like a pervy old man staring through the school gates with those planks..
  • Options
    odditys .
  • Options
    never felt the need to look at a palace website myself.
  • Options
    your not missing much.
  • Options
    What I find even stranger is Palace supporters going onto Charlton forums just to say we don't care about you!

Now if I didn't care about something that much then I wouldn't bother taking the time to sign up and post! I don't really give a shit about Bradford, so believe it or not I don't sign up to there forum!

Weirdos!!!
  • Options
    Do they have a website now ?

They're obviously a 'bigger' club than I realised...
  • Options
    I admit to occasionally browsing the Holmesdale forum. Invariably it is a dispiriting experience.
    It's not the Charlton related vitriol that bothers me, I expect that. It just that many of the regular contributors seem to lack basic compassion and decency.
    Examples would be found amongst the 'Jade Goody & Charlton' thread, and most recently the 'Natasha Richardson' one.
    Very, very sad.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]the amount of charlton related threads,i challenge anyone to tell me of a club that can match that type of creepy obssesion for another,and the amount of threads daily telling themselves they dont hate us.real creepy fans,still only met three in my lifetime.

So you go on their site every day then?
  • Options
    cue Twat Himself to come on say he doesn't care about us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh nice to know they care.

Wet Himself cant come back here at the moment as there is a shortage of pampers in the Croydon area so he is restricated to staying in his toilet, which he dsnt mind to much as it reminds him of Shitouts Park
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]the amount of charlton related threads,i challenge anyone to tell me of a club that can match that type of creepy obssesion for another,and the amount of threads daily telling themselves they dont hate us.real creepy fans,still only met three in my lifetime.
    He says as he starts up a Palace thread....

;-)
  • Options
    Who cares?
  • Options
    I have to say that I know a number of Palace and Millwall fans...it's the Palace ones that have sympathy with our plight (yes I'm being serious) whereas its the Millscum ones that do nothing but rub it in our face and gloat. From my experience whlst there will always be a section of fans that dislike one another, it's Millwall fans that dislike us far more.
  • Options
    tbf there are lots of Palace fans revelling in your struggles this season, and to most it's because they can see the irony, in how most Charlton fans celebrated in Palace's relegation to the Championship. I'm not going to get involved in the 'They don't care about us', it's been done to many times.
  • Options
    Mate, what goes around etc......
    I would never change the events of that day in May a few years ago.
    If you can't take it, don't give it out. I take plenty on here from fellow fans, 99.9% of who do not even know me, I cope.
  • Options
    Thats right chirpy, and when we begin the big battle back and Palace suffer any form of drop I will be there as ever thoroughly enjoying it. We will be back in the Premier league before Palace even if we go down this year I know because I just instinctively know these things!!
  • Options
    Well said sir!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mid_life_crisis[/cite]I admit to occasionally browsing the Holmesdale forum. Invariably it is a dispiriting experience.
    It's not the Charlton related vitriol that bothers me, I expect that. It just that many of the regular contributors seem to lack basic compassion and decency.
    Examples would be found amongst the 'Jade Goody & Charlton' thread, and most recently the 'Natasha Richardson' one.
    Very, very sad.
    [cite]Posted By: budgie[/cite]tbf there are lots of Palace fans revelling in your struggles this season, and to most it's because they can see the irony, in how most Charlton fans celebrated in Palace's relegation to the Championship. I'm not going to get involved in the 'They don't care about us', it's been done to many times.

Pleased you didn't try to defend some of the shite that passes for humour on the Holmesdale site. Nice use of the word 'irony' in your post....
  • Options
    Don't really use the Holmesdale site, it's one for the younger ones I think, but I must admit there are several on the bbs, where the 'clowns' reference is becoming a little overdone.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I reckon Palace fans, and Millwall fans should be giving it the big un
    ....because at the moment we're chite and deserve it
    ....and because when the great wheel turns I will be giving it back
    the ultimate truth is that over period of about ten years we will always do better than those two, form is temporary class is permanent and all that stuff
    Palace will eventually have to face the ground and debt problems they have, and Millwall will eventually have to get some kind of fan base that go beyond all the psychopaths south of the river.
    Palace and Millwall do not have the presence of Charlton, even if they're present in a higher division for a season or two....remember these dark days when the times change again.
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    [quote][cite]Posted By: budgie[/cite]Don't really use the Holmesdale site, it's one for the younger ones I think, but I must admit there are several on the bbs, where the 'clowns' reference is becoming a little overdone.[/quote]

The Homesdale site is horse piss of the lowest order.The clown stuff is so juvenile its embarrasing for Palace. Are there any Palace sites that compare with Charlton Life in terms of quality Budgie? And I don't mean that in an antagonistic way, I would just like to think that there is possibly a Palace site which has a similar level of debate to this one. Not that I care or anything!! ;0)
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: seth plum[/cite]I reckon Palace fans, and Millwall fans should be giving it the big un
    the ultimate truth is that over period of about ten years we will always do better than those two, form is temporary class is permanent and all that stuff
    Palace will eventually have to face the ground and debt problems they have, and Millwall will eventually have to get some kind of fan base that go beyond all the psychopaths south of the river.
    Palace and Millwall do not have the presence of Charlton, even if they're present in a higher division for a season or two....remember these dark days when the times change again.[/quote]

Totally agree.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pilchard[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: budgie[/cite]Don't really use the Holmesdale site, it's one for the younger ones I think, but I must admit there are several on the bbs, where the 'clowns' reference is becoming a little overdone.

The Homesdale site is horse piss of the lowest order.The clown stuff is so juvenile its embarrasing for Palace. Are there any Palace sites that compare with Charlton Life in terms of quality Budgie? And I don't mean that in an antagonistic way, I would just like to think that there is possibly a Palace site which has a similar level of debate to this one. Not that I care or anything!! ;0)
    I was wondering the same, I looked through a few of their forums before the home game against them and they all looked like they were aimed at yoof. Apparently we play crowd effects during the game... I didn't sign up to any of them before you ask!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]4059.jpg

Christ, thought that was Rock Spectacle in the back there!!!
  • Options
    yep all the millwall and palace coming out to laugh at us but i mean we've been so superior to millwall for years i just wish i'd rubbed it in their faces a bit more as for palace i mean laughed loud when we sent them down but millwall are my rivals
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    The Holmesdale were at least good enough to put our charity bet to their members, which was then readily accepted.

The BBS had earlier deleted it off their site within seconds, and after much tooing and froing between me and their admin people, decided that they didn't want their site to be associated with it. Quite pathetically in my view.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]The Holmesdale were at least good enough to put our charity bet to their members, which was then readily accepted.

The BBS had earlier deleted it off their site within seconds, and after much tooing and froing between me and their admin people, decided that they didn't want their site to be associated with it. Quite pathetically in my view.

that really is odd but then again (some) people are odd FACT!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: budgie[/cite]tbf there are lots of Palace fans revelling in your struggles this season, and to most it's because they can see the irony, in how most Charlton fans celebrated in Palace's relegation to the Championship.

The vitriol amazes me. We sent you down and gave you stick for it, are you saying that your fans wouldn't have reacted the same way if you'd relegated us at SP? I cant remember endless threads on Rivals.net proclaiming a countdown to you getting relegated / going into admin. In fact it was hardly mentioned until early May and only then because we were playing you in the last game at The Valley.

I've also seen mentioned that us singing "Sha la la la" in 2005 and "We'll never play you again" in 2000 is to blame for the fact your fans want to see us relegated / in admin / out of business.

Please!? This is football....Song based banter is what happens at any game. Did it mean we wanted you to go out of business in 2000? No. Its just banter.

This all smacks of Palace fans believing the hype surrounding the "team of the 80's / 90's" thing (when we were homeless & potless), feeling like they should have had the type of run in the PL that we did and not liking or being able to deal with it when we rubbed your noses in it.

The agent Dowie / Hudson / Pardew etc etc etc is further evidence of the desperation most Palace fans have to feel that they have had any sort of hand in what's happened to us over the past 3 years and hence exorcise the demons of May 2005.

I honestly never knew you lot cared so much, or carried such huge chips on your shoulders, until this all started. I actually pity you for this.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: seth plum[/cite]I reckon Palace fans, and Millwall fans should be giving it the big un
    Palace and Millwall do not have the presence of Charlton, even if they're present in a higher division for a season or two....remember these dark days when the times change again.
    Agreed they SHOULD...but if you look on the site it's a very small no. I really don't think they care about us as much as we do about them...we really need to snap out of this; we're so consumed by our own self importance that we've lost focus! When we came down we thought we'd walk the league, when we beat the Nigels we put so much effort into it that at the time it's all that mattered..who's smiling now!