Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The defining moment you knew we were feck'd

Plymouth's equaliser in 94 minute for me when we took lead after 92 mins.I think that killed us.

Comments

• Curbishley departing.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]Curbishley departing.[/quote]

Oh, not Sam Batram retiring?
  • Sheffield United away two seasons ago when Les Reed was manager. At the time the most abject performance I'd seen. I don't think I had ever been so depressed walking away from a football ground. I knew we had fucked it.
  • When Shirtliff scored those two goals at St Andrews to keep us up. I knew it would be heard if we ever drifted down to Div 3.
  • When Brain Cole was sacked!
  • Driving home in complete silence after the the Forest game, my son suddenly said those very words, 'We're f***ed' . I replied using my best Outlaw Josie Wales impression: 'I reckon so'. The journey continued in silence.
  • I had a flicker of hope until the Doncaster game.

Horrible night weatherwise and footballwise.

I sat in the car trying to dry off and demist my glasses before driving home and said to my daughter that our season was now over and we were going down.
  • Well if we're talking about this season then not winning for 4 months probably gave us all a subtle nudge towards relegation...
  • edited March 2009
    I had a flicker of hope until the Doncaster game.
    Utterly dreadful evening. So dreadful it's easy to forget all the other dreadful evenings that have gone before.

What about Tottenham, away, Berbatov tearing us to shreds.. that was made all the worst by our mate insisting we stayed to the very end.
  • Andy Reid to Blunderland. WTF! Our pies not good enough for you?!
  • Sponsored links:

• either the derby home game or forest at home.
  • Sheff Utd home.
  • Parky not going when Pardew did
  • Barnsley at home this season.......Dowie being served with a writ in his first press conference way back when.
  • As soon as you told us Steve.
  • What's the matter with you all ....?

We've 7 games left, 21 points to play for ...... and 3 clubs to go into administration.

Best chance of staying up all season.

;o)
  • The appointement of Parky. I had a nice wager on him at 8/1 but when I got the text on New Years eve I had very mixed feelings. I hope we don't have a similar thread this time next year.
  • This season it had to be Sheffield Utd at home.....that for me was surreal.

I had a glimmer of hope as we finished last season that Pardew would get the bullet, but I still hark back to Blackpool away last season....the billy big b*ll*x attitude of the squad at the hotel and the abject performance on the pitch, said it all.
  • This season it has to be that Derby game!!
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]What's the matter with you all ....?

We've 7 games left, 21 points to play for ...... and 3 clubs to go into administration.

Best chance of staying up all season.

;o)

even with them clubs going into administration we'd still be adrift - that would definitely signal us being fooked LOL
  • Sponsored links:

• Reid being sold last year was the beginning I think.

Derby at home when they equalised was the moment we all knew deep down it wasn't going to happen for us this year.
  • yes derby game, really deflated after that.
  • We even tried to sabotage the route for Derby to get to the ground.
  • When they sacked Pardew and replaced him with Parkinson.
  • hmmm its been tough following from abroad. i was really deflated after derby...that was when i got scared, and also forest at home i believe was crucial...but i had always believed up until watford at home, when we went 2-1 up i became so excited that we would see the game out and then follow it up with the momentum against donny. that i think was when the players lost any lingering belief
  • when les reid got appointed.
  • The hoped for 6 points from the home games against Doncaster and Watford becoming 0 points.
  • The Day Dowie arrived.
  • In a nut shell :

_41618092_curbs270.jpg

charlton32130news1.jpg

charlton24156news2.jpg

charlton30430news1.jpg
  • Is the first one, when Curbishley walked out on us?