Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The defining moment you knew we were feck'd

13»

Comments

• Options
    So many to choose from. Could someone do a graph with all the low points charted. I knew we were down this season when Parky was "judged on results" and handed the job.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]So many to choose from. Could someone do a graph with all the low points charted. I knew we were down this season when Parky was "judged on results" and handed the job.

We've been on a downward spiral for 3-4 years now for one reason or another but to me that was the crunch time and everyone had to know the Board had messed up at that point.
  • Options
    I thought we were in trouble when we signed Djimi Traore.

But I thought we were fecked when we sold Andy Reid, our captain and best player, when we were in a playoff place. Been downhill ever since.
  • Options
    Derby 2-2 but i tried to stay positive!
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    It has been a rollercoaster.

First defining moment was the hiring of Dowie, followed by his terrible buys and sense of direction in Newcastle. Then the panic hire and fire of Les Reed.
    Pardew came in and gave us hope. Little did we know that he was a False Messiah!
    That was the end of our stay in the Premiership.

Selling Reid in midseason ended the promotion hopes last season.

Hiring Parkinson as permanent manager, with 0 wins in 8 matches as caretaker, after Derek Chappell said his permanent hiring would be based soley on "results," was the closing of, and the nailing of, the club's coffin and dooming us to League 1.
  • Options
    Last week.

Went to the same resort in Ternerife i went to 3 years ago. Went to a bar that had all the various satalite feeds showing about 4 different games at the same time.

Remember watching Charlton away to Chelsea there.

Went to the same bar last week to watch all the games. Felt a bit out of place in my Charlton shirt, like i had gone to a black tie dinner and turned up wearing jeans and trainers.
  • Options
    The Watford and Doncaster games in the same week. Won both of them, or even got 4 points out of those games, and could of been more interesting end to the season.
  • Options
    when the buy out deal fell through.
  • Options
    I said after the Forest game at home in November that we should have given up with loan signings and the possibility of staying up and planned for next season.